PDA

View Full Version : 1957 pre-GoPro in car film - Bridgehampton Race Circuit

AZTVR
04-28-2015, 12:52 PM
I just ran across this footage of the opening day of SCCA racing at the new Bridgehampton Race Circuit in 1957.

Taken with a small 8mm Eumig camera. Fun to see 58 year old amateur racing from a driver perspective. As fun as it is today, and that track looks really exciting.

There are 2 segments of in-car footage. Here is the video cued up to the start of the first segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnT4d_Mt6kg&feature=youtu.be&t=118

City
04-28-2015, 01:14 PM
That was a fun watch! Thanks for posting. I SO remember the uphill double apex righthander leading to the straight ... which went on forever. And then the downhill righthander which left stains in my shorts.

The Bridge always had a nice breeze (sometimes too much breeze) off the Peconic Bay. Beautiful LONG and FAST track to drive.

Roddy
04-28-2015, 04:24 PM
Wow! Nice post! I wonder if the play back speed is correct or if its sped up a bit. Either way I love that corner that appears to be partially sand covered.

AZTVR
04-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Wow! Nice post! I wonder if the play back speed is correct or if its sped up a bit. Either way I love that corner that appears to be partially sand covered.

I noticed that it seemed faster than what my GoPro videos feel like; but, it does make it feel like the speed it really is. I'm usually underwhelmed by my own videos.

MBG2.0
04-29-2015, 09:06 AM
Awesome vid
Thanks for sharing...
It looks better some some common era in car vids I've seen.

TrackAire
04-29-2015, 01:01 PM
That is a fantastic video, what a great location for a track....not sure about the sand though.

Racing in the 50's....when your skin was your fire suit, lol.