PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Targa TA2 0 for sale

parabs
12-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Not mine, and not my taste on the interior but an interesting car nonetheless. Canadian car, Canadian price.

Prefix Targa and heads cam.

http://www.autotrader.ca/result/AdDetailInfo.aspx?srcID=5&frnID=36370076

DZnutz
12-14-2017, 11:54 AM
looks like a 16 year old got carried away with the spraycan

RedTanRT/10
12-14-2017, 12:02 PM
$104k US for a '15 T/A 2 Targa with the Arrow head/cam package and 7k miles!! That's a great car and a great deal!!!

ZeeViper
12-14-2017, 12:07 PM
^ this guy is on it.

just UGH. is all i have to say.

ACRSNK
12-14-2017, 12:17 PM
Interior can be brought back easy enough. Car is pretty nice for the price. Prefix Targa cars are super rare.

ACR Steve
12-14-2017, 12:37 PM
I like that car a lot . Interior maybe a little to much but could live with or very easy to subdue Cool Car

Voice of Reason
12-14-2017, 12:49 PM
After you wipe off all the Armor All from the interior it might actually be livable.

Purple Haze
12-14-2017, 12:58 PM
Something not right here? $50k in upgrades meaning the car started at 79K should be worth more than that maybe had some damage or issues? If not seems like a good deal.

Topplayer
12-14-2017, 01:05 PM
U-G-L-Y.....
I would wrap the inside, even with the low price this is not my taste at all haha.

BrianACR
12-14-2017, 01:23 PM
I would drive it

99RT10
12-14-2017, 02:00 PM
Sucks it is in Canada. Such a PIA to get it imported back into the US. The Pep Boys treatment will need to be cleaned up

cubeman
12-14-2017, 02:37 PM
first that Y'Orange ACR-E now this Y'Orange T/A , I feel like I missed out

ViperGeorge
12-14-2017, 02:44 PM
I prefer TAs in Header Orange or Comp Blue over the Y'Orange but for that price it would be worth considering.

01sapphirebob
12-14-2017, 03:16 PM
Something not right here? $50k in upgrades meaning the car started at 79K should be worth more than that maybe had some damage or issues? If not seems like a good deal.

Couldn't be that hard to get to 50K. The targa conversion was 10K right out of the gate. Heads and cam upgrade would be another 15k? Then thers what was done on the inside of the car. Not sure what that could have cost. Then you have the outside, painted calipers and center caps and who knows what else... I could see it hitting 50k.

J TNT
12-14-2017, 03:43 PM
Maybe worth a look at this weekend .

parabs
12-14-2017, 03:45 PM
Couldn't be that hard to get to 50K. The targa conversion was 10K right out of the gate. Heads and cam upgrade would be another 15k? Then thers what was done on the inside of the car. Not sure what that could have cost. Then you have the outside, painted calipers and center caps and who knows what else... I could see it hitting 50k.

Remember they are speaking in Canadian terms, 50k CDN is ~35k usd.

J TNT
12-14-2017, 03:49 PM
Sadly the car would not have FCA Warranty if it is brought back to the USA . it's there way of protecting the Franchisees .

parabs
12-14-2017, 03:50 PM
Sucks it is in Canada. Such a PIA to get it imported back into the US. The Pep Boys treatment will need to be cleaned up

If you’re present at the time the vehicle is exported from Canada/imported into the US then I understand it’s a 20-30 min process as long as your paperwork is in place. I don’t think there is a large tax component either. Southern US dealerships have setup shop in Canadain dealerships (in Alberta anyway) to buy our used diesels and send them to the southern states using the exchange rate to give great deals to the guys trading their trucks in. If it was expensive to export/import then they wouldn’t be doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly the car would not have FCA Warranty if it is brought back to the USA . it's there way of protecting the Franchisees .

Warranty would probably be a tough sell as the car has heads and cam on it.

SilveRT8
12-14-2017, 04:58 PM
I saw this ad, and did some research to find it used to be owned by forum member 'Team Orange Crush' who used it in GR7 Goldrush Rally.
So it most probably was not babied during those 7K miles. No more warranty with the Heads & cam

J TNT
12-14-2017, 05:09 PM
I saw this ad, and did some research to find it used to be owned by forum member 'Team Orange Crush' who used it in GR7 Goldrush Rally.
So it most probably was not babied during those 7K miles. No more warranty with the Heads & cam

Thanks Claude , GOOD info to know !

Terminator02
12-14-2017, 06:09 PM
ehhh I don't think tracking means anything. If the car has no history I would say that is a great sign of a good engine. Can't stand the plastic bits but come on; easy fix. If one is a fan of the TA 2.0 in Yorange that is a killer deal. HC package if one wanted to do it would be around 15k without the shipping there and back. The medusa I believe was a bit more than 10k as I think people were trying to group buy at 10k but it was too cheap. I think owners paid around 17-20k but I could be wrong. Either way, warranty is a moot point, overall the car looks outstanding and the aesthetics can be switched out in a weekend. Killer deal...even to flip. Who is to say this dealer doesn't know prices just like mine didn't?

DZnutz
12-14-2017, 06:42 PM
Can't stand the plastic bits but come on; easy fix.

Yes, I dont know who spends a $100K+++ and wants to begin pulling apart the interior to repaint. Especially delicate parts that are hard to remove, break easily, and certainly cost alot to replace if you can even source new pieces. Yeap, sounds very easy to me.

Im guessing that some of those pieces already have broken clips

DZnutz
12-14-2017, 06:46 PM

uh... you saw the part where the roof was cut off and the engine was completely overhauled right. Where in the world do you think this car would ever get a warranty?

LmeaViper
12-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Aside from the interior and targa top, it isn't too bad.

BlueAdder
12-14-2017, 07:33 PM
That dude who lost his roof on the road a few months back should have just made it a Targa.
I don't care for it much TBH.

ACRucrazy
12-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Another Viper owner on FB 3 hrs ago

SOS need help my engine in my viper is shot and unfortunately it was originally a Canada car so Dodge will not do warranty work here in the US so I have to ship the car to Canada to get warranty work.... anyone know of any great viper dealers that can work on my car in Canada I’m located in Florida so the closer the better. Picture of my headache

Terminator02
12-14-2017, 08:57 PM
Yes, I dont know who spends a $100K+++ and wants to begin pulling apart the interior to repaint. Especially delicate parts that are hard to remove, break easily, and certainly cost alot to replace if you can even source new pieces. Yeap, sounds very easy to me.

Im guessing that some of those pieces already have broken clips

I don't know CHNutz, someone who sees that barely 100k at the current advertised price sees a value in having a medusa and HC package that comes with it at the cost of the new trim pieces? So I see plenty of reason this car will sell as do others despite the trim pieces.

ACRucrazy
12-14-2017, 09:04 PM

Because you hardly ever get full $$ for mods.

J TNT
12-14-2017, 09:06 PM
I don't know CHNutz, someone who sees that barely 100k at the current advertised price sees a value in having a medusa and HC package that comes with it at the cost of the new trim pieces? So I see plenty of reason this car will sell as do others despite the trim pieces.

Nice to see someone who isn't short sighted..........................lol !

IHOP
12-14-2017, 11:47 PM
Looks too much like a Fast and the Furious edition! A targa on a regular GTS and normal interior sure but targas and convertibles just don't look right with that aero.

Bruce H.
12-15-2017, 09:07 AM
Looks too much like a Fast and the Furious edition! A targa on a regular GTS and normal interior sure but targas and convertibles just don't look right with that aero.

Hey Tom, if this car was featured in a Fast and Furious like the Supra was with targa, custom interior, power mods, and aero with wing the price for all Gen V's would start to soar just like the Supra did! I bought mine shortly before the movie came out and then everybody wanted one!

cubeman
12-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Another Viper owner on FB 3 hrs ago

Yep, we had two posters now in the VOA FB Group regarding warranties on Canadian cars. I sent both of them to some of the providers of extended mopar warranties hoping they can get them but one of them said their dealer tried and couldn't do it.

IHOP
12-15-2017, 06:11 PM
Hey Tom, if this car was featured in a Fast and Furious like the Supra was with targa, custom interior, power mods, and aero with wing the price for all Gen V's would start to soar just like the Supra did! I bought mine shortly before the movie came out and then everybody wanted one!

This is true, you know even though I make jokes with Vin Diesel doing Dodge commercials I would hope we see more vipers in the next F&F movie!

TeamOrangeCrush
12-17-2017, 08:13 AM
I see there is a lot of love for interior color matching???? LOL!!!!!
Anyways, the car is a great car, no issues with car and the only reason i’m selling the car is that my back is getting worse and am having a hard time to get in and out on a regular basis???? I think I drove the car about 6-8 times all of this year???? Spent most of it’s time on the hoist!!!!! Warranty runs out at the end of April/18, so the heads and cam build should be a mute point and like everyone has said, the Targa build is only one of about 20???? So you have a rare car for someone who is looking for something like this???? I have decided to add another SUV and I think the TrackHawk will make a good swap for the Viper????? Looks like a deal might be had and a congrats to the new lucky owner, whomever it may be?????

And for all the Armour All comments, I feel the same way!!!! That’s what happens when you leave your daughter in charge of a mobile Detailer and the guy has an English problem??? LOL!!!!! It can be wiped off with a little TLC!!!!!

If anyone has any further ques5ions or comments about the interior color matching, please ask away??????
I too wish that the TA 2.0 would have had the “real” Orange and not Y’Orange??????

DZnutz
12-17-2017, 12:20 PM
it sold?

J TNT
12-17-2017, 07:53 PM
3 Buyers went to look at it yesterday . The car looked great in person .

Jhawk
12-18-2017, 07:43 AM
Hi TeamOrangeCrush ,

Are the Y'Orange interior pieces vinyl wrap or paint? Are outside mirrors and rear wing side plates black vinyl wrap or paint?

Thanks

TeamOrangeCrush
12-18-2017, 07:54 AM
Hi TeamOrangeCrush ,

Are the Y'Orange interior pieces vinyl wrap or paint? Are outside mirrors and rear wing side plates black vinyl wrap or paint?

Thanks

All painted!!!!! Full 3M front bra!!!!!

Crotalidae
12-18-2017, 12:57 PM
Best Targa conversion I've seen...nice looking vehicle sir!!!

TeamOrangeCrush
12-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Best Targa conversion I've seen...nice looking vehicle sir!!!

Thanks!!!!
Car has been sold!!!!
Congrats to the new owner!!!!

J TNT
12-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Congrats on a very quick sale ! Turns out chopped roof cars sell very well........lol !

GuitarSteve2112
12-21-2017, 03:01 AM
I remember seeing this car near me a few years back. I wasn't up close, but I had asked myself, "Did I just see this?" and surely I did. It looks amazing in person, and sounded the part too. I'm really sorry you're having back problems and yes, the Jeep will keep you more than happy. Congrats to the new owner, and hope to see that car again!