PDA

View Full Version : Reputable Dealer NJ

TaxKingNJ
12-07-2015, 12:37 PM
I bought the Arrow Tune, need a dealer to install it. Any one know a good dealership?

plumcrazy
12-07-2015, 12:42 PM
LOL, there is absolutely zero dealers in NJ id trust to touch a viper...zero

swexlin
12-07-2015, 01:06 PM
If you're willing to travel down the turnpike, you can take the car to D'Ambrosio's in Downingtown. Jeff Palmer is the Viper tech there. Many of us locals here use him.

TaxKingNJ
12-08-2015, 07:53 AM
If you're willing to travel down the turnpike, you can take the car to D'Ambrosio's in Downingtown. Jeff Palmer is the Viper tech there. Many of us locals here use him.

Thanks does he have experience with the Arrow Tune?

swexlin
12-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Thanks does he have experience with the Arrow Tune?

This I don't know. My car is stock. I know he did correct a header issue on a local Gen 5 that another dealer flubbed. Nothing to do with a tune though.

v10enomous
12-08-2015, 08:56 AM
A little bit of a ride but these guys know their way around a Viper. He does some of Tator's tuning.

https://www.facebook.com/Powerplant-Motorsports-204285619603508/?fref=ts

MalingatorGTS
12-08-2015, 09:43 AM
I will second the Powerplant reps. Great guys and know what they are doing with tuning and a Viper!

roebear
12-08-2015, 08:53 PM

Will they do the GenV recalls?

v10enomous
12-08-2015, 09:19 PM

I had Scott Sorrentino at Manhattan Dodge do mine.

swexlin
12-09-2015, 05:52 AM

They will, although I have not had mine done yet.

roebear
12-09-2015, 07:12 AM
I had Scott Sorrentino at Manhattan Dodge do mine.

Oh really? Any issues?

v10enomous
12-09-2015, 07:29 AM
Oh really? Any issues?

None whatsoever. Scott has been around forever back to his days at Warnock. He did all 3 of my recalls while I waited. They are right off of the Henry Hudson Pkwy. I took the Lincoln Tunnel in and the GW Bridge back. I wound up behind an F-Type Jag in the tunnel so we made some great music together.

roebear
12-09-2015, 07:54 AM
None whatsoever. Scott has been around forever back to his days at Warnock. He did all 3 of my recalls while I waited. They are right off of the Henry Hudson Pkwy. I took the Lincoln Tunnel in and the GW Bridge back. I wound up behind an F-Type Jag in the tunnel so we made some great music together.

Oh right on. Service booked, thanks!

The_Ruski_Driver
01-20-2016, 04:34 PM
This was exactly what I was going to start a thread on. Looks like I will be ordering my Arrow Tune and heading to Powerplant Motors since it's only an hour from me. V10JOEY, did you go with them or someone else?

mikesax
01-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Sent both mine down to Andy at Viper Exchange in Texas!! Arrow tune and full exhaust- freight sucked but so worth it IMO!!

TwinVipers
01-21-2016, 06:25 PM
Sent both mine down to Andy at Viper Exchange in Texas!! Arrow tune and full exhaust- freight sucked but so worth it IMO!!

Wow! Too bad Tator can't do the flash!

The_Ruski_Driver
01-31-2016, 09:48 PM

Guess I'm gonna try to get something setup with Scott now with these engine recalls that just came out. The reviews online are very disheartening, but then again I haven't seen ANY Dodge dealer reviewed well near us (NJ)

plumcrazy
02-01-2016, 05:25 AM
fyi, i did not have good luck with him at warnock, id never let him near a viper

The_Ruski_Driver
02-01-2016, 02:47 PM
In another thread someone mentioned Ramsey Dodge and to request a Pete, however, there's no Pete there. There is, however, a Mark. Is that familiar to anyone?

plumcrazy
02-01-2016, 04:36 PM
pete USED to be there. if i knew where he was, id highly recommend him. dude knows his stuff !

v10enomous
02-01-2016, 05:00 PM
I called over there and got rank and file type treatment. Sounded something like the same thing you got but I heard from a couple of the Hellcat and Viper guys at different C&C's that they are pretty good.

In another thread someone mentioned Ramsey Dodge and to request a Pete, however, there's no Pete there. There is, however, a Mark. Is that familiar to anyone?

The_Ruski_Driver
02-09-2016, 09:52 AM
For what it's worth I'm scheduled to go to Carmel Meadowlands in NY next week for recalls. Apparently CJ is a good viper tech there, according to Chuck Tator

roebear
02-11-2016, 02:21 PM
fyi, i did not have good luck with him at warnock, id never let him near a viper

Could you be more specific?

For what it's worth I'm scheduled to go to Carmel Meadowlands in NY next week for recalls. Apparently CJ is a good viper tech there, according to Chuck Tator

That's a hell of an endorsement.

SRT BILL
02-19-2016, 01:53 PM
Swexlin & Ruski, I read on another thread that you both had the R28-29 recalls done. Would you or anyone else mind telling us the dealers you used and how they were to deal with. Thanks in advance.

Bill

swexlin
02-19-2016, 02:12 PM
I had mine done by Jeff Palmer, Viper Tech at D'Ambrosio's in Downingtown, PA, today, actually. He' great to work with, and he had both done in about 2 hours. He even lets me go back and see the car as he's working on it. PM me if you want the phone number. Here's my reply in the other thread:

All done. So, my car hadn't been started in 6 weeks, but it was in hibernation mode. It was 18 this morning in my garage. Starting took 3-4 tries, and she finally whummped-whummmped-whummped to life. By the time I drove 10 miles to the dealer, battery was showing normal 14.4 V, and on the way back as well. Center touch screen didn't work the whole way down to the dealer. I had him check it out, but it's working now. My tech said it was probably just so cold from sitting that long. Didn't do it last winter, but whatever.

So, he did the R28, R29, and the R14 door handle as well. I had NO oil on the old air filter, so that's a good sign. Said should hear something back in 10 days-2 weeks.

By the way, the door handle, he has to order the passenger side handle again - the one they sent doesn't fit quite right. Assuming everything is OK, I have to take the car back in the spring to put my new tires on, so he'll correct it then

SRT BILL
02-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Thanks Swexlin, sounds like you were satisfied with the work they did. I called my dealer on 2-02-16 and asked about the R28-29 and was told they would order the parts. Received a call from them a week later that the parts are in and then I made an appointment for 2-18-16. On 2-17-16 I called to verify that indeed they had the necessary parts and a tech for my service work and was told again they were all ready for me. Sooo I drive to the dealership about 1 hour drive check my car in and start to wait. About 45 minutes later they advise me that they don't have the parts to do the R28-29. Needless to say I'm not sure about doing business with this type of incompetence.

plumcrazy
02-19-2016, 02:36 PM
srt bill, which dealership ?

ViperJon
02-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Thanks Swexlin, sounds like you were satisfied with the work they did. I called my dealer on 2-02-16 and asked about the R28-29 and was told they would order the parts. Received a call from them a week later that the parts are in and then I made an appointment for 2-18-16. On 2-17-16 I called to verify that indeed they had the necessary parts and a tech for my service work and was told again they were all ready for me. Sooo I drive to the dealership about 1 hour drive check my car in and start to wait. About 45 minutes later they advise me that they don't have the parts to do the R28-29. Needless to say I'm not sure about doing business with this type of incompetence.

That pretty much sums up the typical tri-state dodge dealer experience.

SRT BILL
02-19-2016, 06:21 PM
Plum, it was Buehler in Hazlet,NJ. This was my first attempt at service from them, maybe the second time will be a charm? Does anyone have any recommendations.

swexlin
02-19-2016, 06:27 PM
-
Plum, it was Buehler in Hazlet,NJ. This was my first attempt at service from them, maybe the second time will be a charm? Does anyone have any recommendations.

Not sure where you are in NJ, but it might be worth making the trip to D'Ambrosios in Downingtown (west of Philly). Call my service advisor, Jeff Ciardi, and tell him you need R28 and 29, so he can order the parts. Bring the car in, Jeff Palmer is the Viper tech, and it took him about two hours. 610-269-9500. Tell him Scott Wexlin recommended

SRT BILL
02-19-2016, 06:31 PM
Thanks Scott.

swexlin
02-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Very welcome! That's what we're all here on these forums for! Well, that and BSing, and bench racing, and arguing, LOL!

SRT BILL
02-19-2016, 06:46 PM
Swexlin it's 108 miles each way from my house to D'Ambrosio's. That's sounding like a good option.

plumcrazy
02-20-2016, 05:25 AM
def worth the trip there. there is NOBODY in NJ worth talking to for service. its sad...

ViperJon
02-20-2016, 05:44 AM
Just do what I do. If a problem crops up sell the car......:)

SRT BILL
02-20-2016, 07:28 AM
Viper Jon, LOL,HAHA I've done exactly that with many different things in my life. However this Viper is a good one, none of the problems that a few others have talked about. It's a keeper and I want to do right by it, with what ever it might need.

v10enomous
02-20-2016, 08:24 AM
I probably won't get the car out for another 6 weeks or so I'm not to think about this right now... lol

SRT BILL
02-20-2016, 09:01 AM
Charlie I see you point. Originally I was in that same camp, then My thoughts went to IF I need a motor why not start the process early so the car would be available for spring and summer use.