PDA

View Full Version : New Capital Viper Owners Association

GTS Flyer
12-13-2013, 11:28 AM
I’ve been working quietly in the background setting things up for the new VA/MD/DE area region of the VOA. Now that the registration portal is open again I wanted to make a public status announcement and begin to solicit feedback. First, I’ve never liked how the name of our region symbolically excluded the members from Delaware, but I wanted to keep the name simple and easy to remember. I decided to call our entity the Capital Viper Owners Association. What are your thoughts about the name?

In the welcome email you should have received, I attached a survey asking questions about what types of events you prefer and a few other questions to help shape and grow the new region. I know surveys are not always fun, but I think you’ll see why the answers to these questions will be helpful in shaping the club to meet the desires of the membership.

I’ve also sent out a draft of the regional bylaws to the current members. Please take the time to read them and let me know if you have any questions or feedback. If you are considering joining and would like to see the draft bylaws, or have any other questions, feel free to get in touch with me.

Next, we’re going to need volunteers to run for the positions of President, VP, Secretary and Treasurer. If you're interested in any of the positions please post here, or let me know.

Thanks!
- Mark
Interim president

Granger73
12-13-2013, 01:51 PM
How about DelMarVa? That's a common term used to identify that region.

GTLaser
12-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Dmv....

dodgefever
12-22-2013, 02:04 PM
I think it would be more reasonable and ring a bell with everyone who hears the name if we called our group the Mid-Atlantic Viper Owners Association.

slitherv10
12-22-2013, 02:46 PM
How about the Viper Capital Association....oops...short form for....Yikes!! Maybe not !:stickmen_burningsti

FLATOUT
12-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Good deal! First order of business, group burnout in front of Lee Stubberfields house in Severn. Make sure you get a good video for me :D

GTS Flyer
12-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the input and suggestions. I had thought of a few of these but not all. Once we get going I'm going to put it up for a vote.

ViperSmith
12-23-2013, 07:17 PM
DMV would leave out DC.

I like capital region, though technically it extends up to NYC... But, I think it would encapsulate the area.

ViperSmith
12-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Finally joined :)

jerry colpitts
01-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Happy New Year!! From The New England Viper Club.........

1994rt10
01-07-2014, 11:06 AM
I live in PA on the Maryland/Delaware border. If there are any Vipers in the area let's get coffee sometime. We can bring the cars out in the spring.

ViperSmith
01-08-2014, 12:15 AM
I live in PA on the Maryland/Delaware border. If there are any Vipers in the area let's get coffee sometime. We can bring the cars out in the spring.

I can't wait for this cold BS to be over with! 1* weather sucks!

Lexciting
01-17-2014, 11:53 PM
In Bowie, MD. Car is at Tator's now for an "upgrade" and hopefully back for a springtime run.