Good Viper friendly dealerships

Anyone know which dealerships are good for doing Viper stuff? Just picked up a Gen V not long ago

I saw that Normandin was good but it seems like non of the same people are there anymore, I also made a couple calls to them and they never got back to me, so left a sour taste in my mouth.

Or do most of you guys just take it to shops like Valaya?

Enthusiast
    Where are you located?

Enthusiast
    Seems like Normandin is the preferred dealer and they are listed as a sponsor on the NorCal site. Might want to reach out to their club and see if there are other recommendations. I know Valaya has worked on a number of Vipers. I don't have 1st hand experience with either

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Where are you located?
    I'm located in NorCal Bay area

Seems like Normandin is the preferred dealer and they are listed as a sponsor on the NorCal site. Might want to reach out to their club and see if there are other recommendations. I know Valaya has worked on a number of Vipers. I don't have 1st hand experience with either
    Good suggestion, might reach out to either Valaya or the local club, it seems like they (the club) haven't updated their page for 2022 yet

Stay away from the Dodge Dealer in Newark.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    Stay away from the Dodge Dealer in Newark.
    yikes, what happened? I was just about to get a quote there since I'm almost local to there

I have been taking my Vipers to Ted Valaya since 2012. Few minor miscues here and there, but overall decent work.

I know California is huge but you're too damn close to Dan cragin not to use him for everything. I know he's the only one if use if in Cali.
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

I have been taking my Vipers to Ted Valaya since 2012. Few minor miscues here and there, but overall decent work.
    I've tried a few times but he seems to be pretty non responsive, probably too busy

I know California is huge but you're too damn close to Dan cragin not to use him for everything. I know he's the only one if use if in Cali.
    Haha socal is still a bit of a drive especially in that traffic :P

Last time i went to Valaya was 2 weeks ago and he did mention that he's getting married, so he's probably busy.

I've worked with Ted at Valaya ever since he was the Service Manager at Stevens Creek Dodge. His guys know the earlier generations (Gen I, Gen II, Gen III) really well, but for a Gen V, I'd bring it to someone like Normandin. They're busy for sure - with COVID, they lost a bunch of their techs, but that should settle down soon. I use Normandin exclusively and they've always done a great job. Only complaint is that they don't have a specialized "Viper holding ground". If a job takes a long time to complete, your car might be sitting out in the sun getting turded on it by birds and covered with dust. I have him bring mine inside - but even that is scary because cars are driving by it constantly. With a one-of-one that's Stryker Purple, I don't want any problems related to paint work. All that said, Ted at Valaya is great, and the guys at Normandin are also great.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I've worked with Ted at Valaya ever since he was the Service Manager at Stevens Creek Dodge. His guys know the earlier generations (Gen I, Gen II, Gen III) really well, but for a Gen V, I'd bring it to someone like Normandin. They're busy for sure - with COVID, they lost a bunch of their techs, but that should settle down soon. I use Normandin exclusively and they've always done a great job. Only complaint is that they don't have a specialized "Viper holding ground". If a job takes a long time to complete, your car might be sitting out in the sun getting turded on it by birds and covered with dust. I have him bring mine inside - but even that is scary because cars are driving by it constantly. With a one-of-one that's Stryker Purple, I don't want any problems related to paint work. All that said, Ted at Valaya is great, and the guys at Normandin are also great.
    Thanks Martin, I just booked an appointment with Dan Ranalli, I assume he's the Viper tech there?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by finalleaf View Post
    Thanks Martin, I just booked an appointment with Dan Ranalli, I assume he's the Viper tech there?
    I believe Dan is the service advisor. I have an appointment there next month and was told Jamie (Viper Tech) would be available on the day I wanted to come in.

I haven't been in there in a while, but Jamie was the guy who worked out some bugs on my Gen V and it was perfect. The only frustrating thing was the car sat there for a couple of weeks waiting for a simple part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl View Post
    I believe Dan is the service advisor. I have an appointment there next month and was told Jamie (Viper Tech) would be available on the day I wanted to come in.
    Makes sense, I did have to book 2 weeks out due to viper tech availability

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I haven't been in there in a while, but Jamie was the guy who worked out some bugs on my Gen V and it was perfect. The only frustrating thing was the car sat there for a couple of weeks waiting for a simple part.
    This is my fear, they also said the window regulator is now "obsolete".... that's a bit concerning

Car dropped off at Normandin this morning, hope everything goes well

Enthusiast
    Car dropped off at Normandin this morning, hope everything goes well
    How did it go?

I brought mine there June 20th but they had problems and couldn't do the work so they had to contact corporate and wait for an answer. They never got back to me. I called and Dan wasn't in. I emailed the service director to inquire and he said he will tell them. No response. I found Dan's email address and messaged. Still no response. I feel like they are now ghosting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl View Post
    How did it go?

I brought mine there June 20th but they had problems and couldn't do the work so they had to contact corporate and wait for an answer. They never got back to me. I called and Dan wasn't in. I emailed the service director to inquire and he said he will tell them. No response. I found Dan's email address and messaged. Still no response. I feel like they are now ghosting me.
    I'm in the same boat, I paid 1.5k for parts that was said to arrive July 15th so they can put it on my car, but I've emailed twice with no response, so now I'm out that money AND without the things that I paid for, very disappointed.

Enthusiast
    I'm in the same boat, I paid 1.5k for parts that was said to arrive July 15th so they can put it on my car, but I've emailed twice with no response, so now I'm out that money AND without the things that I paid for, very disappointed.
    Sorry to hear that. It's so hard to get good service these days and having a car that requires certain Techs to work on just makes the choices even smaller.

Next dealer I searched that was successful in activating the 18 speaker system is Red Bluff Dodge but it's 2 1/2 hours away

Just called them again (tried like 4 different numbers), FINALLY reached someone and said my parts are delayed until late August... Supply chain I guess