Gen 2 1/4 mile times

Had my first go at santa pod on Saturday in my final edition gen 2, I also had it on the rolling road that was there for a power test. Not sure what the quoted 1/4 mile time was for this car when new but I managed 12.9 on my first try then I was taking passengers and heavier. On one of my passenger runs I was 2/10's quicker to 1/8th mile so I am assuming I could have got 12.7 if not for the passenger weight slowing me down. Also had half a tank of fuel in the car not ideal I know.

On the rolling road the car produced 449 bhp so just 1 horse has fled the stable, not bad for 12 years on since production. What was the dodge figure for the 1/4 mile?

I think it is suppose to be a 12.2 for the Gen 2s. 12.6-12.8 for the Gen 1s. The best time for a bone stock Gen 2 is 11.77 I think, done by a 2000 RT. I had a near bone stock 97 RT that I got a an 11.9 out of with 10 year old Pilots. Here is the same car on Passtime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtEnHDEXOb0
    Last edited by 99RT10; 08-02-2015 at 06:25 PM.
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    The advertised time for that car was a 12.29. I acually was able to match that time the one time I took my FE car to the strip about 6 years ago. When I ran my 60ft time was a 1.76.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by shnickerlaus View Post
    Had my first go at santa pod on Saturday in my final edition gen 2, I also had it on the rolling road that was there for a power test. Not sure what the quoted 1/4 mile time was for this car when new but I managed 12.9 on my first try then I was taking passengers and heavier. On one of my passenger runs I was 2/10's quicker to 1/8th mile so I am assuming I could have got 12.7 if not for the passenger weight slowing me down. Also had half a tank of fuel in the car not ideal I know.

On the rolling road the car produced 449 bhp so just 1 horse has fled the stable, not bad for 12 years on since production. What was the dodge figure for the 1/4 mile?
    Anybody take any pics?
    Were you short shifting or going up to the redline each time? What revs did you bring the car up to for launch?

Last time I was there I got 10 feet! The Half shaft UJ Shattered breaking the output shaft on the diff

Drag racing is expensive!

I'll look for the slips to see exactly what time I was at 1/8.

There is a YouTube clip of my second run with passenger here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6y6bExUTP8
    No revs before launch though.