New PROUD Owner & VOA Member in Washington State

Well, after many years lurking and learning, I've finally found myself in a position to become a Viper owner. I have wanted one since they first entered the scene (then about 5). I ended up buying Vombombs car from him. I'm very happy with the purchase as this is a sound running car (I have no worries because I know A&C Performance was just in there with their magic touches). Yeah I have to fix a couple things like that hatch gap, and the normal window regulators. But I'm thrilled nonetheless. I finally joined the VOA today thanks to Randall for taking care of the VIN issue. It's official!!! My wife and I are members! I look forward to meeting the WA chapter (and ALL other chapters) members and hitting the streets and meets with them soon. This is a LOOOOONG time dream come true for me to own a Dodge Viper! As you probably know by now through all the R888 plugs Vombomb made, I don't have the Run Craps. Fluids have been changed out. Now, we drive this beauty. I'm slowly getting used to the stares and picture taking, and the constant Camaros, and Mustangs wanting to race (NOT DOING THAT). Need to get to a HHP driving course SOON.
    Next mods are to clean up that hatch gap (struts are removed right now so as to NOT get the inevitable blow out into the pillar with the pink label struts), get the holes from the wing filled and possibly looking to repaint that by having a satin black ACR center band played with the drivers stripe. Will save in having to repaint the whole car (thats what all the shops around here want to do with the Sunset pearl). With that, we'll be putting on the GTSR front bumper conversion.
    Thanks for all the help we've received so far from the members here. We are very appreciative of it.

Regards,
    Scott & Sarah

11039807_10204432971526924_1580753975101613075_n.jpg10521088_10203726211658369_4479281994261019917_n.jpg11752601_10204456023583211_6386324683728715278_n.jpg20150702_153424_1435892871864.jpg

Enthusiast
    Welcome Scott. Let me prioritize for you - bumper conversion first, everything else later! Dying to see it on your car and in orange, so lots of pics plz. General consensus is that people love it and it just looks plain nasty. You will find there is no limit to the amount of money you can throw at this car. Have fun with it.

Rick

Enthusiast
    That is certainly one beautiful car! Congrats! Nice wheels BTW :-)

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Congrats and Welcome!
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2022 BMW X5M Comp
    Resident Misanthrope

Enthusiast
    It was great to meet you and see your car at the local Mopar show last Sunday. The pictures don't do the color justice. It is nice to have another Viper in the area.

That is one powerful and beautiful car. See you soon at some of the next car shows.

Enthusiast
    C-Bass,

WELCOME!

Thank you for your patience. So many people joining the VOA. It gets a little crazy with people buying and selling Vipers..... and trying to get all the VIN's sorted out.

Regards,

Randall

Enthusiast
    Congrats and welcome aboard, beautiful Viper and looks really good sitting next to the Yellow Challenger. Enjoy in good health!

Quote Originally Posted by ACtechOPS View Post
    Welcome Scott. Let me prioritize for you - bumper conversion first, everything else later! Dying to see it on your car and in orange, so lots of pics plz. General consensus is that people love it and it just looks plain nasty. You will find there is no limit to the amount of money you can throw at this car. Have fun with it.

Rick
    Ha ha ha...I hear ya bro. I REALLY want this bumper on and soon! But, a few things need to happen first. I NEED that hatch fixed. Like I said I'm working to get that done, but it seems its going to eat up more funds than originally thought. Like, quite a bit more. But, when its done, they promise it'll be BETTER than new. Then I NEED to get the parts I have SOLD, to further fund the bumper install and satin ACR center band and drivers stripe. Also, selling the house will hopefully help with this. But with no renters I have to make sure the mortgage there is taken care of also. I'm pushing for October at the latest for this to be done. You are absolutely correct though. It is very nasty and mean looking. Have you seen the white coupe with it and the full black ACR-X stripe? SIC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thetalonguy View Post
    That is certainly one beautiful car! Congrats! Nice wheels BTW :-)
    Thanks. The color really POPS in the sun. Same to you. The wheels help give it a nice stance with the coil overs. But, you're not biased at all. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by viperr View Post
    It was great to meet you and see your car at the local Mopar show last Sunday. The pictures don't do the color justice. It is nice to have another Viper in the area.

That is one powerful and beautiful car. See you soon at some of the next car shows.
    Rich, we had a great time. You and your wife are amazing, and were very helpful with my son, who is usually really shy at first. Like I've said before, you and the rest of the Modern Mopar club are really helping me show my son that it's way more than just trying to win a trophy. Although he was more than excited to go up and get one. Lol. I let him display it in his room cause in his mind, he "won the trophy because the Viper is his car". See you two Sunday at the Cars and Coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by daytonprowler View Post
    C-Bass,

WELCOME!

Thank you for your patience. So many people joining the VOA. It gets a little crazy with people buying and selling Vipers..... and trying to get all the VIN's sorted out.

Regards,

Randall
    Randall, thanks a lot for sorting it out. I could have waited until the new year too when his ran out. No big deal. But, I'm glad you were able to, so I could sign up. Top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Slithr View Post
    Congrats and welcome aboard, beautiful Viper and looks really good sitting next to the Yellow Challenger. Enjoy in good health!
    Thank you very much. What can I say, I love my bright colors. My R/T is 1 of 312 painted in Stinger Yellow for the R/T classics only. The color was supposed to ONLY go on the Yellow Jackets. It's my daily driver. Makes picking what I'll drive to work the most difficult decision of the day. Will do, and same to you.

City, thanks for the welcome and for pointing out my error. No harm meant just had to read the rules better. But, it also helped get me signed up finally, so again, Thanks for that.

Enthusiast
    That is awesome..... Congrats and Welcome to the Viper Ownership....

Thanks ViperRT98. We're loving it. I've quickly learned there is no such thing as a "QUICK" trip to the store anymore. Usually have to triple the time it normally takes.

Finally a intro thread. Welcome, and we need to get a photoshoot of our cars one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Double0fox View Post
    Finally a intro thread. Welcome, and we need to get a photoshoot of our cars one of these days.
    Ha ha I know right! I finally have something to introduce (even if it was already on here). Yes we do. The wife was just saying she wants to find a place to take some really nice pictures of the cars. It would be an awesome shoot with the blue and orange. Know of any good spots?
    I am in the middle of trying to fix that gap. Got a quote at up t $1300 plus price of new hinges (they're actually torqued. Probably from a gust of wind.) and struts. They said they'll need the car for 4 days, but since its a TSB from dodge, regardless of the fact its not a factory coupe, they're going to give me a warranty on it.

C-Bass

What part of WA are you in? I'm in the Tri-Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand1993 View Post
    C-Bass

What part of WA are you in? I'm in the Tri-Cities.
    I'm out in Port Orchard

Enthusiast
    Hey just checking in, since I've been doing the hectic Military-Civilian transition haven't had time. Hope the car is still running smooth and everything's good! I plan on being back in a Viper soon, and the ACR-E is sitting at the top of the list! Put up more pics so I can get all nostalgic over here

Quote Originally Posted by Vombomb View Post
    Hey just checking in, since I've been doing the hectic Military-Civilian transition haven't had time. Hope the car is still running smooth and everything's good! I plan on being back in a Viper soon, and the ACR-E is sitting at the top of the list! Put up more pics so I can get all nostalgic over here
    Ha ha sorry just saw this. Been busy lately getting ready to transfer back to a boat. Car is still running smooth man. I drive her as much as the weather here is allowing me to. We are really enjoying putting the miles on her. Just ordered the new oil cooler lines to fix the OEM leaky ones. Should be a fun project at Roberts. Other than that, she's running strong bro. Make sure your watching the next season of Graveyard carz as the pumpkin will be on an episode. Will be dropping the car off at Silverdale collision to get the hatch gap fixed finally. Was going to do it 2 months ago, but had to cover costs on the GA rental property so that sucked up funds. Then it'll be off to get the whole center section of the car painted to fix the scratch in the hood and the holes in the hatch from the wing. After a lot of talking with some of the better paint shops here, painting the GTSR bumper/hood/roof/hatch will be the best way to go to repaint without doing the entire car...because matching pearl sucks! Can't commit to painting the satin black. Figure well either vinyl the ACR stripes or Plasti dip them on as I change my mind to much on them. Then I'll be putting a T/A spoiler from Autoform on in satin black.

You better be getting back in SOON! An ACR-E will be a good upgrade for sure. And then we'll have to meet up somewhere (Vegas maybe), cause I'll have to check that beast out for myself. Glad the transition is going well for ya. Heres some nostalgia for ya.

20160114_235122_resized.jpg20160110_163254_Richtone(HDR)_resized.jpg20160110_163247_Richtone(HDR)_resized.jpg
    Last edited by C-Bass; 01-18-2016 at 01:11 AM.

Enthusiast
    It will come down to a test drive, just like the Pumpkin did lol! But I have no doubts that I'll be back in at least a Gen IV before long, should be the end of the year. Thanks for the pics, glad to hear she's running strong! You'll be the first to know if/when I get the ACR-E! I'll keep an eye out on GYC, remind me on bookface! Glad to hear you decided on vinyl, that paint that's on it, while a huge pain in the a$$ to match, is just too beautiful. T/A spoiler would look awesome! Better post a crap ton of pics!