2015 New England Clam Bake!!! August 9th in North Reading MA.

New England Viper Owners Association.

Our next “big event” is just around the corner! The annual “NEVOA Clam Bake” was started by Glenn & Maria years ago and has been a big hit ever since. The clambake has been known for its picturesque view of all the vipers parked in a cul-de-sac and of course the catered lobster, steak, chicken, clam chowder, etc…

The date for the clam bake will be Sunday August 9th In North Reading MA. Chris and Kathleen recently bought this house and guess what? It’s on a Cul-de-sac!!! So we will be taking a roof top picture. We are also having it catered by a company that specializes in clam bakes. So please RSVP to the evite that has already been send out. We need to know a head count 10 days before the event (Pretty much the last day of this month) because we have to prepay for everything.

Please message me if you are interested in coming and not a current member, or if for some reason you did not get the emails and evite. We are always open to new potential members. Come on out and see what you are missing. Our club is awesome!!! We have the best events! Take that viper out, put some miles on it, and hang out with viper owners!

Please keep in mind this is a rain or shine event as we need to pre pay for the catering & the tents, tables, and chairs. We have had really good luck weather wise every year with this event so let’s hope for the best. Please RSVP on the evite or to this email. We will set up meeting points North and South of Boston and should be arriving in North Reading around noon time.

The menu is going to consist of lobster, steak, or chicken, served with clam chowder, mussels, steamers, corn, potatoes, linguica, coleslaw, dinner rolls and watermelon. Please let us know on the evite how many will be coming and your choices of Lobster, Steak, or Chicken. The cost of the event is $35/per person. The club will be kicking in a large amount to cover the rest of the costs. Please RSVP asap so we can plan this big event. Hopefully we can make it as big as the Lobster Roll event at Dominique’s house!

Please again keep in mind that this is a rain or shine event. We are pre paying for everything so please stick to your guns. If for some reason the weather is not great you can always take a different car! After all like we always say, we come together for the club but stay for the people! We will have a big tent set up for shade and incase it rains.

Also anyone that ordered a shirt at the lobster roll event can pick them up. We will also bring some more inventory for anyone that missed out and would like to have a shirt. We will also be displaying pictures of all the past events from this year.

Can we get 30+ vipers to go? Lets shoot for a record and get over 36 members! (I think that’s our record)

Evite has been sent to all members! Make sure to RSVP by the end of the month at the latest!!!. If you don't like using the evite then post to this thread, how many people and choice of food!

I am working on the logistics of the ride from North and South of Boston. Most likely just going to be a simple cruise to the meeting point. I will make sure to email, update the evite, and post on here the meeting points asap. If you are not a member but interested in coming, please message me, as I don't want to put it out on a public forum.

Hope to see you guys there!

Martin-
    Last edited by Martin2000GTS; 07-21-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Martin, sounds like a great day, it would be great to see you guys!
    I will know within a few days if we can make it.

Dennis

Enthusiast
    Dennis,

We hope to see you there!

Enthusiast
    Martin, I don't Know if we are going yet, also I never received an invite from EVITE.

PETER

Quote Originally Posted by 99ACR View Post
    Martin, sounds like a great day, it would be great to see you guys!
    I will know within a few days if we can make it.

Dennis
    Hey Dennis,

That would be awesome if you can make it! We need the RSVP by the end of the month! Let us know!

Martin-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cobraman484 View Post
    Martin, I don't Know if we are going yet, also I never received an invite from EVITE.

PETER
    Hey Peter,

I just sent out a reminder evite. Did you get it? Wose case you can just RSVP right here with me.

Martin

New England Viper Owners Association!

Just a reminder to sign up for the clambake on August 9th . We have 10 cars signed up as of now. I know it’s still a few weeks away and it’s a bit of dedication on your part as the clam bake is rain or shine. If it does rain for any reason you can bring a different car no problem. We just need a head count asap. And also your lunch choice of Lobster, Chicken, or Steak. Please make sure to edit your evite if you haven’t given us an option. Ill assume “Lobster” if you didn’t pick Chicken or Steak.

Chris and Kathleen are looking forward to hosting the NEVOA at their new home in North Reading MA. Please sign up on the evite that went out on July 20th. If for any reason you didn’t get it please let me know and I will resend it. We also just sent out a reminder today, so you should have something in your email right now.

Meeting points and routes are TBD as we are seeing who and how many people are signing up before we can put the route together. (Earlier sign ups would really help so we can get planning on the routes and meeting points as well.)

Let me know if you have any questions! I hope to see everyone there, it’s been a while since we had a big event!

Martin-

Enthusiast
    Martin. I received the evite.

Peter

Martin, we are in if it's not to late!

Dennis

Hey Dennis!

It is not to late! Ill get you on there. Thanks for making the long distance trek! The caterer also told me if we have some last minute sign ups that I can let them know this week. We are up to 19 cars now ! I want 30 come on guys!

Everyone please know this is a rain or shine event. We have already prepaid last Friday for the whole event and all the rental chairs, tables, and tent. Please show up or we will be out $55 a person (actual cost of the event). We will be doing a 50/50 raffle, prize raffles/ giveaways, and more to come. Watch the emails for updates on routes and other things were working on.

Martin-

We are up to 20 and cars and 40 people!!! more details to come. If anyone is on the fence what the heck are you waiting for? Weather looks great 78 degrees partly cloudy 20% chance of rain. Its not gonna rain and the temp will be perfect!!! Sign up asap and let me know your lunch choices!! Steak Lobster or Chicken. Going to be a great day.

More details to come please watch here and your emails!

Martin-

Julie and I are in!!!!! Lobstah!

Nice we have 2 NY members coming that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 99ACR View Post
    Martin, we are in if it's not to late!

Dennis
    Dennis you have a PM and an email. Do you want to meet up on the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin2000GTS View Post
    Nice we have 2 NY members coming that's awesome!
    Hi I don't have an address or meeting spot for the cruise or the destination Clam Bake. Maybe it was in the Evite, but I didn't get that. Could you email or text me the address and times for the meet up spot for the cruise as well as the clam bake? Thanks!

Hey Guys, sorry for the late response,
    Meeting points will be as follows:
    For anyone coming South of Boston
    Meet Rick at the Bridgewater rest area on Rt 24N (by 495) at 9:15am for a 9:30 departure

Rick’s group will be traveling North to the NH Park and Ride off exit 2 (93N) in NH at 10AM to meet the 2nd group. We will depart at 10:30 and head to North Reading with some back road travels (still to be determined)

We plan on arriving at the house around 11:30-12. If you want to just meet us at the house feel free to. Please PM me for the address (Don't want to post on public form). Looking forward to Sunday! Please email or call me with any questions.

Martin-

Lunch is being served at 12:30! cant wait! We have 21 cars and 43 people! Nice!

22 cars 46 people!

Clam & Lobster bake

Martin,

Thanks to you and everyone that helped put on this great event! It was well worth the ride.
    It did take us 4hrs to get back to New Canaan though! I can't wait to see the pictures.
    Although blue seemed to be taking over! Kathy & Chris very nice hosting.

Thanks Again
    Dennis & Sherri Brown

Thanks for the great clambake and scenic drive with some autocross built in! A great time hanging out with the New England group as always and nice see everyone again.

Enthusiast
    Dennis and Jimmy,

Glad you guys were able to make the trek and great to hear you had a good time! We really enjoyed hosting and hope to do its again next year.

-Chris and Kathleen

Enthusiast
    Great day thanks Chris and Kathleen

Jimmy and Dennis! Thanks for making the long ride that was awesome! The day went perfect! I hope you guys will come to more New England events and vice versa.

Thanks to everyone That bought T shirts, raffle tickets, and hats! Sorry for my pushy sales tactics I was just so excited! The weather turned out perfect and it looks like everyone had a great time. The food was better than I expected, everyone loved it. We will most likely use these guys next year. Watch your emails for pictures to come!

Until next time!

Martin-