Gen V at the track

2014 GTS, other than fluid in brakes, anything else needed to get on the track? pads? stock ok?

Enthusiast
    Might consider some stainless steel Brake lines.

Richard

Enthusiast
    if your just going out for 1 or 2 half track days a year, your more then fine as the car sits now. If you want to start doing full days and several of them - what DUsty1 suggested is a good idea as well as dedicated track tires.

Enthusiast
    I've tracked my 2014 GTS about ten times since November. The stock brakes are actually pretty good and I was surprised how well the stock pads and Pirelli "Zeros" held up. If you start doing a lot of days and get fast you will have to start flushing the brake fluid and putting in the high-temp stuff, and I would recommend upgrading the brake pads. I run a dedicated set of front rotors for the track and tomorrow I'll run for the second time Hoosier R7's on the track wheels I've acquired (Sidewinder 2). Future improvements will include braided lines but I understand there's a fitment issue with the rear ones and last I checked no one was making a whole set for the Gen V. But truly the brake feel is just fine with the stock lines.

Thanks i plan to get a set of wheels/track tires and ill upgrade the lines while im changing the fluid.

Enthusiast
    You guys are heading down a slippery slope. It is the most fun you can have with your clothes on though!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty1 View Post
    You guys are heading down a slippery slope. It is the most fun you can have with your clothes on though!

Richard
    Ive raced and done aprox 100 track days on motorcycles, its addicting. I just did the srt experience at Autobahn and now i want more hahahaha!

Enthusiast
    What's this "slippery slope" I keep hearing about? All I'm trying to do is get rid of a lot of pesky fossil fuel and its byproducts.

Enthusiast
    Depending on how your 2-wheel talents translate in to 4; you'll probably be fine with stock pads for a little while. I'd say brake fluid and go have fun.

Harness
    Front Tow hook

Enthusiast
    Depends on what level you plan on driving the car...and at what track.
    At 6/10ths, the cars pretty sweet.
    At 8/10ths the brakes start not working all that well..i would do pads/lines/fluid and a good alignment, cant ever have enough brake a 600hp car
    The cars got plenty of tire and power.
    Just my cents

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cave_Man View Post
    Ive raced and done aprox 100 track days on motorcycles, its addicting. I just did the srt experience at Autobahn and now i want more hahahaha!
    I started doing track days with cars when I was 18. The last 5 years I did a lot of bike track days and raced for 2 yrs. Going back to the track in a car is still fun, but no where near the rush like it is on a bike imo.

have done 2 track days now at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet Illinois. first track day i went completely stock except brake fluid. Today i went with full race pads front and rear. This car is so amazing on the track, sucks its the last one of the year

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cave_Man View Post
    2014 GTS, other than fluid in brakes, anything else needed to get on the track? pads? stock ok?
    I ran my 2013 with no problems, stock fluid and pads, on Hoosiers. My clutch line, CO2 sensors etc, heat wrapped.