Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Glad you got it back...I want to see the custom paint work...pics! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MalingatorGTS View Post
    Glad you got it back...I want to see the custom paint work...pics! LOL!
    Here's the lovely paint job they left behind, not pictured is the maroon induction scoop. They made damn sure they had really nice lines, however didn't seem to understand the concept of overspray. I was able to start getting some of it off using a gentle thinner mixed with water, a rubbing compound and clay bar. It's going to a buddy at a body shop tomorrow and should be completed this Saturday.

Enthusiast
    I'm glad you got it back but am just amazed/laughing at them stealing a very nice and expensive car and then devaluing it ten fold with crappy mods, poor execution, and poor taste. Why not steal a beater if you wanted to spray paint something... (I get they were probably trying to hide it, but wtf). Please post a photo of the maroon scoop!

Quote Originally Posted by stolen2002GTS View Post
    Here's the lovely paint job they left behind, not pictured is the maroon induction scoop. They made damn sure they had really nice lines, however didn't seem to understand the concept of overspray. I was able to start getting some of it off using a gentle thinner mixed with water, a rubbing compound and clay bar. It's going to a buddy at a body shop tomorrow and should be completed this Saturday.

WOW! I'm sorry man! That's awful! I'm glad you got your car back and I'm sure a good shop will get it looking right again. Did they find lots of Corvette posters in his garage? It might explain his rage in destroying such a nice car! Good luck man. Please post pics when she's all fixed!

Enthusiast
    Congrats. Nail him in civil court as well. Find a good (expensive) attorney. Ask for fees.

Enthusiast
    That's great to hear that you got it back. I hate thieves. Screw him.

Enthusiast
    Btw... u can offer up a reward for when the thief is in the big house if you know where he will be serving out his 3 square meals a day along with shower buddies..... 20 dollars for a hemorrhoid check up each night

Can I post this?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Patentlaw View Post
    Congrats. Nail him in civil court as well. Find a good (expensive) attorney. Ask for fees.
    Blood from a turnip and all

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    What a crime.... It pains me to see what they did to that beauty!... Hope it all works out.

I can't imagine what he was thinking!.... Then again... if he was a brain surgeon, he would not be a lowlife thief. 1

BTW.... when you get the call from the prosecutor asking if the thief can take a course to help in rehabilitation...trust me they will ask. To "help with prison population". SAY NO! Jail. Restitution. Sue him for mental distress. Go for the glory.... make his life hell. Make sure that you know when he goes up for parole.... then go in and say you have not slept since he violated you in your home and destroyed your trust of humanity.
    Luis V.
    Miami, Florida
    2002 Dodge Viper GTS - FE #298 & 2013 Dodge Viper GTS

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisv View Post
    What a crime.... It pains me to see what they did to that beauty!... Hope it all works out.

I can't imagine what he was thinking!.... Then again... if he was a brain surgeon, he would not be a lowlife thief. 1

BTW.... when you get the call from the prosecutor asking if the thief can take a course to help in rehabilitation...trust me they will ask. To "help with prison population". SAY NO! Jail. Restitution. Sue him for mental distress. Go for the glory.... make his life hell. Make sure that you know when he goes up for parole.... then go in and say you have not slept since he violated you in your home and destroyed your trust of humanity.
    Exactly, because when he gets out he knows where you live!

Enthusiast
    Glad it's resolved. Sorry you have to deal with the shitty paint job. I hope you can recover the money it takes you to repair the rattle can job. This person is an idiot, and getting any money from him might prove to be a challenge.

Maroon colour airbox pictures please

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Menace View Post
    +1 please

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Menace View Post
    +2 Please....

I have to see that!
    Luis V.
    Miami, Florida
    2002 Dodge Viper GTS - FE #298 & 2013 Dodge Viper GTS

What was the outcome of this? Did you ever catch the asshole?

Enthusiast
    What ever happened with this? Anyone know

Quote Originally Posted by poptarts View Post
    What ever happened with this? Anyone know
    He recovered the Viper, I merged the threads, and left them here in the Nevada section... If you hit reload the full story should be there
    Use the Report a post feature... It works!

Brackets in the thread title are hosing access again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorps View Post
    Brackets in the thread title are hosing access again.
    Fixed
    Use the Report a post feature... It works!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123