Enthusiast

2nd place at Spokane Drag Strip.

Pacific Northwest Street Car Challenge 2015 at Spokane Drag Strip. 230 cars attended. Race cars were welcomed, but they ran in the Unlimited Class which was won by a Motorcycle. Fastest car of event was a ... DSM Eagle Talon!

I love spanking vettes and this event included at least 16 vettes with several 12.0 sec C7 Z06s! 3 vettes were advertised as being over 1000whp and there was to be a TT Viper there. I didn't know it was mine since I'd planned to take my Roe supercharged 2001 GTS and had added a Tranzilla transmission and a remote fuel tank system for my Nitrous Oxide system that I've never activated.

Unfortunately, a Deer hit my Sapphire Roe GTS and it's going to the local bodyshop to get the HOOD rebuilt (30% is smashed). Couldn't find any Viper experts to explain that the hood needs to be replaced though. I guess I'll be getting free hood paint jobs for life (warranty)?

I didn't have a good car to run the Vegas Silver State (my non Nitrous Roe Viper would have won 2nd in the standing mile) so I replaced the clutch HRB again and got my American Racing Technology 1999 Twin Turbo clutch operating and loaded the beast into my enclosed car trailer. Set at the lowest hp setting (1000whp) to run on 94 pump gas A friend and I drove the 800 miles to Spokane to kick some Corvette ASS! We went for fun as I never expected to be very close to the money. I invited all the west coast Vipers I could think of and Clint Shearer was forced to back out for an emergency at work. No one else was interested.

Arriving Friday there were so many corvettes and mustangs that they looked to have their own parking areas. My buddy Dave Morin and I parked next to what looked like a fast ZR1 vette's camp. There was a white Gen 3 Hennessey 650R there.

I ran the car with Toyo Proxy 888s to find out they should stay to the round tracks as I wheel hopped most runs. The wheel hop from my single 1/4 mile drag race wheel hopped into 3rd gear and I didn't even want to try that again. I think the wheel hop destroyed my Quaife posi as a couple runs later the car developed a bad shake over 80mph and I had to park the car to prevent serious damage.

We did get pics of a 10 sec EVO blowing his engine at the finish and smashing both walls destroying his car. I certainly didn't want to crash. It was my last Viper after the Deer hit my Roe Viper on Hwy 20 2 weeks ago.

I ran 9.3@163mph in the roll racing.

Drag racing I wheel hopped into 3rd gear (100mph) and went 11.4@144mph

I video'd the previous fastest Street Car in his final attempt to beat my 163mph that I'd run twice. His modified ZR1 (E85?) with a few hundred hp of Nitrous did get 1mph slower than mine! Unfortunately, there was a GTR that looked slow but beat my speed by a few mph. His was claimed at 1000+whp and being an automatic he did manage to beat me although he must have run forty times? LOL.

We had fun. Helped out a 2000 ACR and we spanked a lot of Corvettes and Mustangs. The new C7 Z06s GM built to replace the C6 ZR1 should go nostalgia since the fastest Z06 I saw was only 21.1 in the quarter and 11.9 in the roll race. There was several of them at this event.

230 cars and my Viper set on pump gas beat 227 of those cars. If I would have taken my wrinkle slicks I might have beat the race cars as well as the GTR on my pump gas tune. I bought a Motec to add traction control and dial a boost so that I don't need to reset the tune for a little more hp and so that I can eliminate the wheel hop. TT cars don't have much throttle control once the boost starts the power goes nuts and although you can lift your foot, it either stops accelerating completely or it goes off throttle.IMG_3747.jpgIMG_3747.jpg

Enthusiast
    Beat 227 out of 230. Awesome!!!!!

Enthusiast
    Good write up and sounds like a lot of fun.