Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Viper Registry

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    FWIW, I'm up to 1,000 for a production count for 2013
    keep the data coming

Enthusiast

2009 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 TWO DOOR COUPE - Viper Race Yellow Clear Coat / Dual Silver Painted Stripes 3 each
    Nice way to answer.
    Let me help you out. 2 Coupes, 1 Aero coupe.

Enthusiast
    Guess I misunderstood your question

apologies
    I have the break down from SRT on the 09's. I would gladly send it to you if it would help you in your quest for knowledge

Wow, who pissed Jeff off so much that he deleted all the info??

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrenzo View Post
    I heard he's cozied up with the VCA now.

Enthusiast
    Is there a Sapphire registry?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrenzo View Post
    Most of it's covered, a bunch of Viper magazine pages have been posted for Gen IV, I posted some other lists in the appropriate sections and there are a few years I haven't completed. Most of the lists were posted on the Viper Garage. I attempted to share with the VCA the same way I did here. I actually started trying to help the VCA back in 2012... then.... We Welcomed the VOA and drama was the word of the day. Because I made that initial offer to the VCA, I felt it important to follow thru with the new leadership of the VCA, exchanged a few messages and emails with Greg (NSane1) and then the Magazine thing happened and well, until Greg responds to the last message, it is what it is.

Here was an entirely different set of circumstances. There was serious heat over the involvement of non Viper owning contribution. As a non owner, I took a huge step backwards, let membership items and other important VOA concerns play out. There was no rush on my part. There is still a little backlash with the data I have for a variety of reasons to include the fact that my data is VIN based instead of guess based. I'm still in no rush, however, if there is a question you might have and I can supply the answer... just PM me. I will give you the best answer I can. Other than that, there is the IVR. If you look closely you will see a number of estimates and incomplete documentation (mines not done either so I'm not throwing stones). Even when I do find errors in the data posted in the IVR or magazines, it will be hard to convince anyone of that error after my 2003 post were I messed up the entire post (being human can suck).

As far as being pissed off, no, I'm not. There is really nothing to be pissed off about. Just a Viper fan doing what I enjoy

Cheers
    Jeff
    Last edited by ViperJeff; 03-26-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadfootRT10 View Post
    Is there a Sapphire registry?
    Do you really want one?

If so, let me know what your thinking and maybe I can help.
    Vj

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I heard he's cozied up with the VCA now.
    That is low and disingenuous.

Enthusiast
    Shooter should be able to voice his opinion and I don't mind. it's just a list
    Vj

Enthusiast
    Vj
    So, maybe I'm just ignorant of some obvious things, but why delete all the date and information out of the opening post that can be used by forum users? Why not just leave the data?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRon View Post
    So, maybe I'm just ignorant of some obvious things, but why delete all the date and information out of the opening post that can be used by forum users? Why not just leave the data?

see:
    http://driveviper.com/forums/threads...uction-Numbers

Enthusiast
    Vj
    It wasn't an opinion. It was really what I heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sybil TF View Post
    That is low and disingenuous.
    See my reply above before you jump.

Enthusiast
    It wasn't an opinion. It was really what I heard.

Being an Independent I'm not corralled by the "us or them" criteria. Which begs the question, why would anyone even care who I talk to. If the VCA would like to try and bring the IVR current with my help, that is up to them. At this point I'm fairly certain the VCA wants to bring the IVR current. My bet is they are looking internally to get that done and have found that they nether have the time or resources to do so, which means... the IVR will stay like it is for the foreseeable future.

Make it a Better Day
    Vj

Enthusiast
    Do you really want one?

If so, let me know what your thinking and maybe I can help.
    Vj

Teach me your ways master *bows*, and i'll create it for you.

Enthusiast
    Here's some 2001 Sapphire data, enjoy!

Deleted for Shooter
    Last edited by ViperJeff; 10-15-2014 at 09:41 AM.

I

See my reply above before you jump.
    Ok so you used some lube beforehand. How sweet. My bad(cya)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybil TF View Post
    Ok so you used some lube beforehand. How sweet. My bad(cya)
    Just getting back from Kalifornia... You know it doesn't really matter. It's obvious to me there is no real interest in this kind of stuff, well except for the hand lube. That seems to be a premium service.

Currently getting ready for my new endeavor and by May 1st it will be in full swing and the best part ... It has nothing to do with vehicles.

Make it a better day and Sybil thanks for all the smiles and can you believe, the reduction process is in full swing

Cheers
    Vj

Commifornia? Nice.lol

Enthusiast
    Viper Registry Update

As some know, on 10/01/2020 a large portion of the Viper Registry was closed and I no longer Register Vipers into the database. On 10/01/2021 I will be closing another portion of the Registry. I no longer will be providing Build data to include build numbers where I have them, on a regular basis. I might work on those request once a quarter to twice a year. I've kinda moved on to another hobby and there isn't much time for this one.

Humbly
    Vj

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Viper Registry Update

As some know, on 10/01/2020 a large portion of the Viper Registry was closed and I no longer Register Vipers into the database. On 10/01/2021 I will be closing another portion of the Registry. I no longer will be providing Build data to include build numbers where I have them, on a regular basis. I might work on those request once a quarter to twice a year. I've kinda moved on to another hobby and there isn't much time for this one.

Humbly
    Vj
    Jeff-

Thank you for your dedication and time consuming work over the years.

The Viper Nation owes you a great deal of gratitude. Your work will live on decades and centuries from now.

Brian
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Viper Registry Update

Humbly Vj
    Jeff, speaking as a self-appointed Viper Hisssstory buff, I have to acknowledge your giant expertise in the documentation of our cherished Vipers. Your labor-of-love-passion in this regard is / was second to none.

I wish you well and hope you will continue to curate this important data for a long time....

Jon Brobst
    IVR Charter Regional President - 1993
    VCA Co-Founding Regional President 1995
    VCA Past National Secty-Treasurer 95-99
    VCA Past Regional President. 95-01
    VCA Proud Sponsor 1996-2010
    VOI 1-11 Attendee / sponsor
    VCA BANNED / Underground 2020-13
    VOA Sponsor 2013 - present

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    Jeff-

Thank you for your dedication and time consuming work over the years.

The Viper Nation owes you a great deal of gratitude. Your work will live on decades and centuries from now.

Brian
    I think most would know me as a PITA and I'm certain I was. I was so focused on gathering the data, I never really took into account that some might not like what I was assembling and what data about their own Vipers may be public. It was a mess. Living on, well, there are a few sites that show a variety of information. It was hard to call out the inconsistencies as it meant someone had to be wrong. 15 years from now when the super car crowd will be driving 0-60 in 2 seconds electric super cars, the Viper will be forgotten except for that small group that still loves the smell of oil and gas, the loud exhaust and burning rubber. The excitement of barn finds and restoration garages bringing back what we all love about the Viper. In all that, the numbers won't make a big difference due to the extremely low production of each year and that basic information is known, the 1 of 1 stuff in 15 years won't mean a thing because of the poor documentation. You won't be able to tell what the original color of a Special Paint Viper is, with that paint code on the VIN tag, you could paint it anything you wanted and no one would know.

If I had been able to complete the documentation, then my work would have had some real value, as it is 95% is common knowledge that can currently be found on the web.

Enjoy those Vipers now, who knows how much {Premium} gas will be in 2035, and they all might be million dollar cars in 2035, who knows

Cheers,
    Vj

Oh, that new project is a 1952 3 window Chevy Truck, see you on the streets, someday.....

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    Jeff, speaking as a self-appointed Viper Hisssstory buff, I have to acknowledge your giant expertise in the documentation of our cherished Vipers. Your labor-of-love-passion in this regard is / was second to none.

I wish you well and hope you will continue to curate this important data for a long time....

Jon Brobst
    IVR Charter Regional President - 1993
    VCA Co-Founding Regional President 1995
    VCA Past National Secty-Treasurer 95-99
    VCA Past Regional President. 95-01
    VCA Proud Sponsor 1996-2010
    VOI 1-11 Attendee / sponsor
    VCA BANNED / Underground 2010-13
    VOA Sponsor 2013 - present
    Thank You Sir

I'm putting everything I have in reference books, even went as far as getting ISBN's. The editing will take me years but in time, I'll have a complete set in my library (of 4,500 books, yea I read too much), I hope my family doesn't toss them when they inherit them LOL

Viper Registry Update

Humbly
    Vj
    Thank you Jeff for all your efforts. You have 2 or 3 of my vehicles in your database and I have always appreciated your unending willingness to help all comers with information. Good luck building a beautiful pickup. Wishing you all the best.

john

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast