Gen 2 fog light openings

I have no fog lights as it's an acr and my car came with no covers for the openings. So I'm thinking of making a black mesh grill to cover the opening.

Something like this but obviously in the dimensions that fit the viper
    mesh-foglight-covers-250x250.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 2.38.02 PM.jpg

Can some give me the specs for the bolts/screws that mount the fog light? The specs I found online were wrong. Thanks

Enthusiast
    But why?

Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    But why?
    The same reason most cars have it... to keep shit like leaves out and to mask the opening so you aren't seeing the inner workings of the fascia. This is going to lay flush with the inside of the opening.

Because... RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by NetkoGTS View Post
    Because... RACECAR
    I'd buy the acr covers @ $50 a pop ...but
    e494b9a2e7efda6f083f794f3bbe41f6.jpg

Enthusiast
    I think that will look really nice. You could even duct the incoming air from the fog light openings to your brakes. Function AND Form.

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    The Gen 2 Clear OE Fog covers can easily be 'siliconed' onto those void holes.

Paint em inside and out, and chips wont be seen

PartsRack has em in stock with new gaskets at $115/pr. jonB@PartsRack.com

Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    The Gen 2 Clear OE Fog covers can easily be 'siliconed' onto those void holes.

Paint em inside and out, and chips wont be seen

PartsRack has em in stock with new gaskets at $115/pr. jonB@PartsRack.com
    If you're talking about these ->Viper1FLG270.jpg It's not the look I'm going for. I want them to be on the inside, retaining the ACR look

Look I want
    2001_dodge_viper_coupe_acr_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

OE fog cover look
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe Picture - front angel view.jpg

Any know the specs on the mounting screws?
    Last edited by GhostStalker27; 04-17-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Enthusiast
    What specs exactly are you looking for? The bracket, screw size/thread? I can go measure and take pics if needed. I have the front suspension off of my car so I have easy access.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACR_Matt View Post
    I think that will look really nice. You could even duct the incoming air from the fog light openings to your brakes. Function AND Form.
    I've read on the forums that the foglight location has a poor pressure profile such that it is not a good place to try to use for brake ducting intake. It would look cool though.... Because Racecar.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    I've read on the forums that the foglight location has a poor pressure profile such that it is not a good place to try to use for brake ducting intake. It would look cool though.... Because Racecar.
    I've read that too....forgot where though. I wonder what they are expecting.... they are in the front fascia and any air into the wheel wells has to help...

I'd love to see how they came to that data...did they measure this?... better yet....where is it on the old GTS race prepped cars?
    Luis V.
    Miami, Florida
    2002 Dodge Viper GTS - FE #298 & 2013 Dodge Viper GTS

Quote Originally Posted by ACR_Matt View Post
    What specs exactly are you looking for? The bracket, screw size/thread? I can go measure and take pics if needed. I have the front suspension off of my car so I have easy access.
    Screw size/thread, I appreciate it Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Luisv View Post
    I've read that too....forgot where though. I wonder what they are expecting.... they are in the front fascia and any air into the wheel wells has to help...

I'd love to see how they came to that data...did they measure this?... better yet....where is it on the old GTS race prepped cars?
    I heard the same, I also heard there's really no good way to pass the duct through to the brakes from there

Enthusiast
    10-4. It will be this evening at the earliest before I can get back out to my shop, but Ill get that info for you.

Hello GS27. Looks like my post is a year too late but I'll add it anyway in case others are looking at this and can benefit from the information. I just took a picture of the inner Fascia off a 1997 GTS. With the Fascia removed you could very easily mount a piece of brushed or polished aluminum to the fog light bracket. The actual outside diameter of the inner fog light form is 6". I'd cut the aluminum to 6.5" and connect it to the original fog light bracket holes with 3 machine screws. I'd also suggest running a bead of clear silicone around the fascia OD to aluminum lip to provide a water tight seal. We have a bunch of scrap Aluminum in the shop if your interested in some. I could cut you 2 blanks and send them to you. Let me know and good luck with your project. As an aside . . . I have the brake duct cooling vents installed in the fog light holes of the fascia. It looks great. 3" diameter x 5' OAL Silicone tube is used to get the air to the brakes. You can purchase all of this from Cory Gehling at Collectors Choice - 608-770-1439. On the tube run . . . you need to cut a 3" diameter hole in the inner sides of the radiator support frame in order to route the hoses to the A arms. The tube is held in place with stainless zip ties and a bracket at the termination point and connection at the A arm. No idea about the physics, pressure and airflow . . . but it cant hurt and again and it looks great. It would be a pretty cool project to tee in a pressure tape in the silicone tube and measure the static. If I do this I will report back to the group. I'm new to this forum, but not new to car world and fabrication. Let me know how I can help. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Johnny the K; 09-05-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny the K View Post
    . I have the brake duct cooling vents installed in the fog light holes of the fascia. It looks great. 3" diameter x 5' OAL Silicone tube is used to get the air to the brakes. You can purchase all of this from Cory Gehling at Collectors Choice - 608-770-1439. On the tube run . . . you need to cut a 3" diameter hole in the inner sides of the radiator support frame in order to route the hoses to the A arms. The tube is held in place with stainless zip ties and a bracket at the termination point and connection at the A arm. No idea about the physics, pressure and airflow . . . but it cant hurt and again and it looks great. It would be a pretty cool project to tee in a pressure tape in the silicone tube and measure the static. If I do this I will report back to the group. I'm new to this forum, but not new to car world and fabrication. Let me know how I can help. Good luck.
    There are old posts in the other club forum that say that the foglight holes are in a low pressure area and not a great way to get cooling air. The Gen II track guys generally get their brake air from the large central opening in the fascia. Search for Viper Cone brake duct . Since the folks that created that and DIY versions of it are based here now; it might be good to have a DIY on the VOA forum.

edit: Looks like Viper Parts Rack might even have a kit available again. (The kit was not available for a while there when I decided to do it.)
    Last edited by AZTVR; 09-06-2015 at 12:09 PM.