My first HPDE - video

This past september I finally participated in my first HPDE. I had a great time, an awesome instructor (Rich from SCDA), and was told I did well (lapped the field on each run . ...granted I was in a Viper). I dunno if any of you use driving simulators, but I do and have since I was a kid. I think it gave me an advantage over the other novice drivers.

My first HPDE - Thompson Speedway, Thompson CT
    Last edited by GhostStalker27; 04-15-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Enthusiast
    Looks like fun. Props to your camera guy who captured so many different vantage points. Makes for a much more interesting video imo. Viper sounds great too.

Quote Originally Posted by witz323 View Post
    Looks like fun. Props to your camera guy who captured so many different vantage points. Makes for a much more interesting video imo. Viper sounds great too.
    Thanks man, yeah he's great - it's good to have a friend willing to do all that for you. And yes it was a lot of fun, I plan on going it once a year until I can afford to do it more . There are a handful of tracks within a 1-2 hour drive which is nice.

Love the video. It's great how you don't hear a sound until the ACR comes around the corner! Ps: I think you scared the sh*t out of the other drivers

Enthusiast
    Great video!

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousOne View Post
    Love the video. It's great how you don't hear a sound until the ACR comes around the corner! Ps: I think you scared the sh*t out of the other drivers
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    Great video!

Thanks, some people in my group seemed a little surprised that a novice was in a viper. I guess the idea is you should work your way up to it. I think the notion that the Viper is difficult to drive is overrated - to me it's a pure drivers car.

Enthusiast
    Very Nice! Can't get enough track videos! Love the Gen II ACR!