Enthusiast

40mm souvenirs installed ;-)

Last month I travelled to NYC. Being that close, I certainly stopped at Tator's, where I also picked up some souvenirs. Some of them, I have installed meanwhile...

The Motive power bleeder worked like a charm, can definitively recommend it to bleed the brakes. I purchased the version with the billet cap instead of the plastic one.

Enthusiast
    So how does the motive work?

I purchased a Mityvac and plan to use it for brakes among other things. Already used it to suck out the diff fluid.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    So how does the motive work?

I purchased a Mityvac and plan to use it for brakes among other things. Already used it to suck out the diff fluid.
    It's essentially a modified garden sprayer...fill it with fresh fluid, pressurize it, and it forces the old fluid out through the bleeders as fresh fluid feeds into the reservoir. It works very well to bleed brakes - it makes it a one man job, and you don't have to keep checking the reservoir to make sure you haven't pumped it dry. I've used one for years on my old Camaro, and with the correct adapters, on my Viper (both the brakes and clutch).

Enthusiast
    I need one of those!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    I need one of those!
    They are worth their weight in gold...Motive also makes pressure fluid pumps that makes pumping fluid into things like transmissions and differentials a piece of cake as well.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    ...I've used one for years on my old Camaro, and with the correct adapters, on my Viper (both the brakes and clutch).
    Which adatper do you use for the clutch reservoir? Thanks.

NICE. The rear brake upgrade is a big plus! That looks like a great tool to have in the garage! I just redid my complete braking system and this would have be a GIANT help! Sure beats having your 7 yr old pressing the brake pedal down for you LOL! Was great bonding time, and she loved to help but that is WAY more efficient!

Enthusiast
    Where did you purchase the bleeding equipment? I'm seeing like $45 for the main apparatus, another $20 for the clutch adapter, and probably more for the little catch bottles at the caliper. Does that sound about right?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by My98RT10 View Post
    Which adatper do you use for the clutch reservoir? Thanks.
    I had one custom made...I sent Motive a clutch reservoir cap (bought it from a salvage yard), and they modified it to make it an adapter.

I don't know what size the fluid reservoir is on a Gen 1/2, but for my Gen 4, they did not have a solution available, hence why I sent them one to modify.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Greg View Post
    Where did you purchase the bleeding equipment? I'm seeing like $45 for the main apparatus, another $20 for the clutch adapter, and probably more for the little catch bottles at the caliper. Does that sound about right?
    I ordered it at JEGS, it was 73 $US incl. the billet cap for the brake reservoir. Product# 0117 (Motive Ford Black Label Power Bleeder). The Standard Version with the plastic cap is somewhat cheaper. I forgot to order the Motive catch bottle so the one shown in the picture is one that I purchased locally in Germany (not Motive).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    I had one custom made...I sent Motive a clutch reservoir cap (bought it from a salvage yard), and they modified it to make it an adapter.

I don't know what size the fluid reservoir is on a Gen 1/2, but for my Gen 4, they did not have a solution available, hence why I sent them one to modify.
    I see, thanks for info!