Enthusiast

IL April Meeting is soon... Is your Viper ready?

Just wondering who all is going to be ready for the monthly meeting. I honestly don't know if my Viper will be ready. I need to pick up a battery, get the Viper out of storage, put new tires on (current ones may disintegrate on the way home if I don't get them replaced!) and give it a wash.

Just wanted to ask since our section of the regional forums is pretty slow. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Ill be there but probably not in a Viper.

Enthusiast
    I'm there but have to bring the truck for some items i am dropping off and picking up

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Photog1 View Post
    Ill be there but probably not in a Viper.
    Represent brother

I plan on going.

Enthusiast
    Well... I didn't get anything done this weekend that I hoped. But, it snowed today anyways so I'm sure they'll re-salt here.

Chances are looking good that I'll either show up in a Ford or a Jeep that day. It'll be my first Viper meeting without having the Viper there!

I found out that Steve (I forget his last name) with the 2004 Black just picked up a Gen V this weekend and will have it there. Hopefully I'm not ruining any surprises so I'll leave the color combo as a surprise. He flew out to NJ and drove back.. I'm jealous.

Enthusiast
    My plan is to haul my Gen V down. Got the seat lowing kit in and want to show everyone how well it works. With the snow today, and the way they are throwing salt around, its going to take a month to make it go away.

I won't be able to make it. But if I was able to, the Viper would be ready. Been winterized all winter and loving every minute of it.

Hope to make it down but looks like rain so the new car may not make it down. It will be there for sure when the weather gets better.

Enthusiast
    Traveling for work, sadly. Had the car out and running on Saturday after a long winter's nap, then ordered the VOA PZero special and parts from Jegs to make oil cooler lines. Still need to replace the VEC with an SCT and get a proper cleaning and wax job done!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreBeer View Post
    Traveling for work, sadly. Had the car out and running on Saturday after a long winter's nap, then ordered the VOA PZero special and parts from Jegs to make oil cooler lines. Still need to replace the VEC with an SCT and get a proper cleaning and wax job done!
    What is the difference in price/effort between making your own oil cooler lines versus buying a premade kit from a VOA vendor?

Enthusiast
    Maybe someone up there can keep us informed of the salt situation? It looks like some rain is coming in over the weekend and Wednesday is supposed to be decent now. If stuff gets washed off, I'm thinking about driving the Viper up.

had a decent rain over the weekend, and a touch yesterday just north of there. roads are pretty good where I am at. I have put about 500 miles on my Viper already this year and she's stayed pretty clean. I will be in the Viper tomorrow.

Enthusiast
    Thanks for the info. I'm still waffling on whether or not to drive the Viper, but will definitely be there either way!

calling for sunny and 68 tomorrow how can you resist

Enthusiast
    It's tempting and a nice day tomorrow may take me over the top. My main issue is driving home in the dark for 3 hours. Still, though ....

Busted my butt to get the new air oil separators installed and some new venting on the turbo oil catch cans- get it all buttoned up today only to discover the turbo seals are leaking now! My fog machine will not be making it tomorrow. Tear it down and send the turbos out for rebuilds tomorrow. Damn! Should be very nice out tomorrow! See you there...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Greg View Post
    What is the difference in price/effort between making your own oil cooler lines versus buying a premade kit from a VOA vendor?
    Significant, but Not tooo much, kit from a vendor was $250-350 or so, and my spend was about $130 from Jegs.com, though I don't have AN wrenches or vice kits. I've always wondered how these hoses were made, so I opted to do it myself.

I found a pretty good howto for the SRT10 RAM, should be mostly the same but the lines are longer in the cars.

http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/...r-lines-11623/

http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/...d-lines-10668/

-mb