Enthusiast

2015 Texas Viper Roundup Schedule of Events!

I was finally able to finalize the start time of the AutoX yesterday, so it's time to get the schedule of events out for the 2015 Texas Viper Roundup!

I also worked with the Texas A&M Sports Car Club and decided to have them layout a track that I had previously driven (and had video of) so that you guys could watch the video and memorize the track. Figured for those of you that have never autocrossed that this would be the best way to build some confidence even before you show up at the event.

We will have a morning drivers meeting and a track walk that morning so it's not like you'll be going into it blind.

So watch this vid over and over HAHA

Also I will be awarding a prize/trophy for first place for each generation of Viper. It's truly a special award and surprise that you will want to do your very best to win (honestly).

As for the schedule of events. I have contact numbers, addresses, and anything else you might need. We tried to book multiple events/on Sunday only to have several fall through so live and learn and I'll put something together with a little more substance on Sunday for everyone. Wolfies lunch on the lake though will be great after a morning cruise. Great Crawfish and an excellent view.

2015 Texas Viper Roundup Schedule of Events March 20-22

Friday: Event: Back Roads cruise through the National Forest
    Depart La Torretta: 2:00pm
    Return to La Torretta: 3:30pm

Event: Dinner, Papa’s on the Lake
    Depart La Torretta: 6:00pm
    Return: At your leisure

Saturday: Event: Texas Viper Roundup AutoX
    Cost: 20$ per car
    Depart La Torretta: 8:00am
    Arrive TAMU Riverside Annex: 9:30am
    Track Hot: 10:30am

Event: Lunch (Food Truck will be onsite at AutoX bring cash)
    Time: 11:00am – 1:30pm

Depart AutoX: 3:00pm
    Arrive at La Torretta: 4:30pm

Event: Southern Empress Dinner Cruise
    Depart LaTorretta: 5:45pm
    Return: 10:00pm

Sunday: Event: Optional Back Roads Cruise II
    Depart La Torretta: 9:00am
    Return: 10:30am

Event: Lunch at Wolfies
    Depart La Torretta: 11:00am
    Arrive: 11:15am

Organizers Cell Phones: See your email

Andrew Wheeler:
    Beth Sewell:
    Richard Sewell:
    Anthony Leidelmeyer:

Important Addresses:

LaTorretta: 600 La Torretta Blvd, Montgomery, TX 77356 Phone: (936)448-4400
    Papa’s on the lake: 14632 TX-105, Montgomery, TX 77356 Phone: (936) 447-2500
    TAMU Riverside Annex: Located at the intersection of HWY 47 and HWY 21 just outside of College Station TX. We will be entering the complex through the 5th Street Gate located off of HWY 47 at approx.: 9:30am **you will sign a waiver at this gate**
    Southern Empress: 7035 Kingston Cove Ln, Willis, TX 77318 Phone: (936) 588-3000
    Wolfies: 14954 Hwy 105 W. Lake Conroe, Montgomery, TX 77356 (936)588-8200

Parking at La Torretta and Rally point for all Hotel Departures will be in the La Torretta Conference Center Parking lot. We will have reserved parking onsite at the La Torretta Venue from Friday through your departure on Sunday.

*** Also I will have a static display of Gens 1-5 Vipers around this Circle at the Conference center after our back roads cruise on Friday. So from 3:30 until Dinner get out your cameras and snap a few pics ***
    La T Conference Center by mrandrewwheeler, on Flickr

LaT Conference Center Parking Lot by mrandrewwheeler, on Flickr

TAMU Riverside Annex Site Map & AutoX Instructions: We will be entering the Riverside Annex facility off of HWY 47 and coming in through the 5th street gate. The TAMSCC will have signs up that you will follow to reach the circled portion of the map below. Under no circumstances should you deviate from the marked route to “explore” the site. This is a shuttered airbase and we are allowed to use a small portion of it.

Viper Autocross by mrandrewwheeler, on Flickr

What to Bring: $20 Cash per Car (This money goes entirely & directly to the Students of the Texas A&M Sports Car Club who are running this event for us, on their Spring Break)

Helmet: Motorcycle Helmets are fine, and they will have some 10 or 15 “loaner” helmets as well.

GoPro: Bring your action cameras and document the course and your skill set.

We will start the event with a Drivers Meeting and a course walk through. I am working on some special trophies for the winner of each Generation Viper Class. This is a FOR FUN event and the awards are in that spirit so please enjoy yourself and have a great time, this is meant to be a fun intro to autox not an SCCA sanctioned event.

Untitled by mrandrewwheeler, on Flickr

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Thanks Andy!!

Let the cone killing begin!!!

Enthusiast
    Hey gang, hold steady, our Roundup will be happening come rain or come shine this weekend!

Yes Friday night into Saturday evening they are forecasting an impulse to move through the area. We are aware of this, you also need to be aware the club had to guarantee a block of rooms so you could have a place to stay, you cancel now the club will have to pick it up, so come on out and have fun with us, yes we will be there with our Vipers regardless. They don’t melt and you will learn a ton on a damp autocross course. The weather forecast has shifted a number of times since I have been watching it and I don’t think its done shifting. We have planned rain contingencies and this event has always been more about the people than necessarily the driving. We are really looking forward to spending quality time with everyone so don’t be scared off by a weather forecast.

Richard