Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Exclamation RSI/Racing Solutions Experience F-

It has been brought to my attention I have not posted on this forum about my experience with RSI/Racing Solutions with a Gen V TT Build

I have inserted a link to a blog that I created to document.

Feel free to share; lets keep it clean as we do not want this to go away and possible future victims getting involved.

RSI'ed -The Gen V TT Story----Click Here
    Last edited by nastygts; 01-24-2015 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo

This should be a sticky

Texas Tuners are known for Taking you Money unless you live in Texas. People are Suckers
    just like others have said. If a company requires your funds up front run. I don't care what your profession is
    if you have a customer pay up front for you to do the work there is no incentive to complete the job. Your
    already paid.

I've been screwed by others also. Now when a company gives me a contract to sign, i politely take their agreement
    to my attorney, we make changes (especially transfer the state, city, county venue where any action can take place)
    If they want my business they agree if not too bad....

F- lol. What's sultions? Sorry, I can't help it...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybil TF View Post
    F- lol. What's sultions? Sorry, I can't help it...
    Fat fingered it on my phone....oops. Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by nastygts View Post
    Fat fingered it on my phone....oops. Carry on
    I figured. Just messing with you.

Enthusiast
    Nasty, I'm impressed with your self-control when dealing with Will's nonsense. Glad to hear your Viper is running, and thanks for posting this info. Hopefully it will save others from a similar cluster.

Enthusiast
    Westchester, New York/North myrtle beach SC
    Do people give RSI thousands of dollars with out doing any research,sound foolish,I do feel bad for those who have lost $.

Reading your story, here is how I see it. They sold you a TT system for a new platform that was not worked out by them prior to selling it to customers. They couldnt figure out the bugs and just wanted the sale and promised you it would work, when it wouldnt. I owned a performance shop and understand the "bugs" and missing deadlines part, in fact I spent 2 weeks diagnosing an issue on a customers TT build and figured it out to be an issue with the clutch and flywheel the customer supplied, not working properly with the crank trigger on the ECU we were using. I spent hours and hours of my own time cause the guy was a personal friend of mine but figured it out.. So I get that part.

That being said, I never promised the world when we didnt have it figured out on our own shop cars first, or a sponsored car of a customer, usually a friend of ours who let us keep the car till testing was complete.

when you run a business you can not ever:

1) make promises you cant make good on

2) lie to or mislead a customer

3) bite off more than you can chew

To me it sounds like RSI often bite off more than they can chew and get in over their head, then resort to lies and BS to cover it up. They put off your "paid in full" job and set it on the back burner and keep taking in more and more work to cover the overhead. Your big mistake was paying in full before the car was 100%. (well besides taking to them in the first place) Now that the job is paid in full, what motivation does Will have to get your car running the way it should be? None...

Sorry to hear your horrible experiences man, I hate seeing shops take advantage of people or mislead them.. Good luck getting it resolved.. I hear good things about Calvo Motorsports and Gen 5 tuning..

You would figure the people who can afford to buy a Gen 5 Viper then sink another $50,000-$75,000 into it would be better informed when stepping into a deal like that..

Oh and PS, those cut and burnt exposed wires would cause all sorts of havoc that you describe on a CAN bus system modern car..That is just horrible work on their end.
    Last edited by Dajerseyviper; 01-25-2015 at 05:15 AM.

OP any updates on getting the car up to 100%???

Since I'm not into mods, this is not the type of thread I usually read. But I read the whole story in the blog and all I can say is WOW. What an ordeal.

Bill

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    ...Texas Tuners are known for Taking you Money unless you live in Texas. ...

Obvious recent TX offenders aside, Old Fart that you are, you are probably also recalling TX tuners McClure Motorsports, who suckered a bunch of owners on Gen 1 superchargers, and then David _______ ? who set up shop in TX to do the same? Ended up in a coke ring bust with some Dallas Cowboys in that scandal, and suckered them out of their dope $$ too. What was his last name?

Then the 2 brothers that got sued for leaving Henny and setting up their own shop, which also deteriorated into lots of lost customer dollars. I am drawing a blank on their name...they were the 'brains' behind many early Henny products.....

"Everything's Big in Texas" including Viper scams!
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 02-09-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    Obvious recent TX offenders aside, Old Fart that you are, you are probably also recalling TX tuners McClure Motorsports, who suckered a bunch of owners on Gen 1 superchargers, and then David _______ ? who set up shop in TX to do the same? Ended up in a coke ring bust with some Dallas Cowboys in that scandal, and suckered them out of their dope $$ too. What was his last name?

Then the 2 brothers that got sued for leaving Henny and setting up their own shop, which also deteriorated into lots of lost customer dollars. I am drawing a blank on their name...they were the 'brains' behind many early Henny products.....

Wilks?

Enthusiast
    You sir are an extremely patient person. Kudos to you. Inspirational on that front.

On another note- hope the car makes you happy and glad it worked out with your other group in the end

Enthusiast

Yeah. Screwing people over in a drug deal. They will have to let me know how that works out for them.

Man what is it that there have been quite a few Texas based tuners accused of being rip-off artists? And the accusations aren't just standard lazy build or over-charging accusations. Numbers upon numbers of people have accused these tuners, RSI and before that H***essey of taking their money and not only did they fail to build the car. It ended up looking like whey were using it like a victim for their twisted experimentation. Taking them apart, crossing wires, putting the parts from one car into another. And I can remember people talking about it being important parts too. I mean, not just an ash tray but serial numbered parts that would extremely devalue a car. It's like they enjoyed watching the car suffer. They didn't just want it gone. They took their time. They enjoyed hearing the engine and transmission scream in agony. It is like the movie "Saw" but for cars. It's awful. The horror is unimaginable that these cars had to suffer.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGTS View Post
    Wilks?
    Give that man a Cee-gar !! Wilks it was..... Now what was the name of the 2 brothers that departed Henny and sold Viper stuff (good headers) from TX for a while?

Was that TNT Jon?

Enthusiast
    Yes, TNT but I cannot remember the brothers names.... Terpstra? Roy and ?

Enthusiast
    Or was it SVS? I seem to recall a few owners having build quality issues with them before they folded.

Isn't Hennessey also from Texas? Lol, JonB is right on the money.

Having read about RSI in Alley, I have no idea why they are still getting business from Viper owners. Surprised these owners who've gotten ripped off have not banded together to start a class action lawsuit.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    Or was it SVS? I seem to recall a few owners having build quality issues with them before they folded.
    SVS Super Viper Systems was Ron Misjak Sr and Jr, from IL. I don't recall any 'ethics' issues with them at all....but they did have an ugly turbo problem with a vocal customer issue, as well as a fire-meltdown at an open road race.

However, TX sounds like the perfect 'future home of steve p and vipe-air'!
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 02-11-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dajerseyviper View Post
    OP any updates on getting the car up to 100%???
    Everything is going great; had a few issues with the charging system but is now resolved. D3 has worked their asses off to ensure a 100% functional package.
    Last edited by nastygts; 02-11-2015 at 05:24 PM.

Enthusiast
    SVS Super Viper Systems was Ron Misjak Sr and Jr, from IL. I don't recall any 'ethics' issues with them at all....but they did have an ugly turbo problem with a vocal customer issue, as well as a fire-meltdown at an open road race.
    Oh that's right, I remember Ron and correct no ethics issues with them. In fact, I still have their shifter installed on my Gen2. Not sure about the other sucker vortex you speak of.

Enthusiast

However, TX sounds like the perfect 'future home of steve p and vipe-air'!

Didn't Mr Vipair close up shop in California? I had heard from people in the neighborhood that his house had been emptied and everything gone. Not sure if the house was emptied by choice or at the bank's...ahem...request. But is that company no longer pseudo-producing parts out of California? Maybe they could rent a bay at RSI and "work" together.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast