New shoes and tags...my work in progress!

Well after some horse trading, the snake has some new shoes and soles. Gone are the front 18's and rear 17's CCW more suited for the strip and now sitting on 18 fronts and 19's rear. Sorry for the crap pics but the car is trapped in the garage. I have some serious detailing to do come spring but had to post pics.

Fronts

Rear

Rear lip! I love a fat lip LOL!

Sorry for the crummy in garage pics. The hood is open for my battery tender but you get the idea.

New tags

Up next, new pads / rotors and a drop!

Enthusiast
    Westchester, New York/North myrtle beach SC
    Looks evil!

Enthusiast
    In the second pic (rear wheel?), where is the rear caliper? all lthat shows is parking brake caliper.... really can't go wrong with a clean six spoke, wheels are tuff :-)
    Last edited by Space Truckin; 01-21-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Enthusiast
    Love the way CCW six spokes look. Nice wheels.

I also did steel lines and changed the fluid on mine last year (in addition to pads and rotors). Made a big difference.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Truckin View Post
    In the second pic (rear wheel?), where is the rear caliper? all lthat shows is parking brake caliper.... really can't go wrong with a clean six spoke, wheels are tuff :-)
    That is the rear stock caliper on a Gen II. The parking brake is integral. This is one of the reasons people move the front calipers to the rear and install the SRT calipers up front with an additional rear parking park caliper. Dave Big Brake kit.

Quote Originally Posted by 00VPRGTS View Post
    That is the rear stock caliper on a Gen II. The parking brake is integral. This is one of the reasons people move the front calipers to the rear and install the SRT calipers up front with an additional rear parking park caliper. Dave Big Brake kit.
    Thanks..just was going to type that lol. The car has Tom's 40mm brake conversion done to the rears which makes a big difference. As I don't see me tracking the car I think I should be ok. If it needs it down the road, I will do a full upgrade. I'm thinking some stainless lines, good slotted, drilled rotors and pads should make a big change for the street.

Enthusiast
    I have Toms 40mm Rear brake caliper upgrade too, I do lots of charity joy rides / Track days and that rear brake caliper works just fine

One thing that would look better though is for you to get some rear caliper covers like this

These cover plates screw onto the holes in the brake pad so they float back and forth when pressure is applied.

I noticed now that the Viper Store has some new chrome bling caliper covers that attach to the caliper itself, I would not recommend those as the heat in the caliper body would not be allowed to disperse, which may boil your fluid and cause lack of braking!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    I have Toms 40mm Rear brake caliper upgrade too, I do lots of charity joy rides / Track days and that rear brake caliper works just fine

One thing that would look better though is for you to get some rear caliper covers like this

These cover plates screw onto the holes in the brake pad so they float back and forth when pressure is applied.

I noticed now that the Viper Store has some new chrome bling caliper covers that attach to the caliper itself, I would not recommend those as the heat in the caliper body would not be allowed to disperse, which may boil your fluid and cause lack of braking!
    I've been looking for that set. I found the BLING ones, but not a chrome guy. The hunt continues. I think once I detail the suspension and switch rotors (and add Viper letters) to the fronts.
    Last edited by MalingatorGTS; 01-22-2015 at 07:38 AM.

Call Jon B at partsrack

You could also get some stick on hood vents and air scoops. Sorry man but no go on the caliper covers, very poser looking. Its a Viper not a Civic, do it right or just drive as is and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooRob View Post
    You could also get some stick on hood vents and air scoops. Sorry man but no go on the caliper covers, very poser looking. Its a Viper not a Civic, do it right or just drive as is and enjoy.
    Now that was funny! I get your point but didn't think they were that bad lol! Ouch!