Adjustable Pedals

The knob no longer adjusts the pedals, for whatever reason the cables are locked up. Is there another way to manually move the pedals to a set position? I want to move them forward if possible. Thanks

Enthusiast
    Pull off adjusting knob. Remove knee panel. Unscrew adjusting mechanism lock nut. Remove mechanism from dash panel- you'll have to wiggle it a bit because the cables are a stiff. The three cables each have a locking push-on disc that you can pry off with small screwdriver. If you pry a little on each side, it will take only 15 sec per cable. Once each cable is loose from the adjusting mechanism you can twist each cable in the sheath to move each cable individually.

Enthusiast
    Very easy just did mine a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom, F&L GoR View Post
    Pull off adjusting knob. Remove knee panel. Unscrew adjusting mechanism lock nut. Remove mechanism from dash panel- you'll have to wiggle it a bit because the cables are a stiff. The three cables each have a locking push-on disc that you can pry off with small screwdriver. If you pry a little on each side, it will take only 15 sec per cable. Once each cable is loose from the adjusting mechanism you can twist each cable in the sheath to move each cable individually.
    Thanks Tom, I tried this though. I twisted them individually and they didn't move. I went in both directions to make sure it wasn't locked out one way or the other. The foot box had a little pin hole (that I've since fixed) and it looked as tho some water seeped through and got the cables a little rusty. Is there a work around where I don't need the cables?

Enthusiast
    Ugh. I would try to pull and push on the cable to loosen them from the shield or carefully aim WD-40 into the sheath. Wiggle each part of the sheath you can reach to break it loose. If you remove the other end, I suspect there is nothing to keep the adjuster in place anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom, F&L GoR View Post
    Ugh. I would try to pull and push on the cable to loosen them from the shield or carefully aim WD-40 into the sheath. Wiggle each part of the sheath you can reach to break it loose. If you remove the other end, I suspect there is nothing to keep the adjuster in place anymore.
    I WD40'd her but still couldn't break her loose. I'll have to keep working them, I dunno maybe they just need to be replaced...
    Last edited by GhostStalker27; 01-07-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Enthusiast
    PB Blaster maybe?

Enthusiast
    Use some liquid Kroil...if that doesn't do it, you'll probably need to call one of the Viper breakers (Scharf comes to mind) for parts. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by OnceBitten View Post
    PB Blaster maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J View Post
    Use some liquid Kroil...if that doesn't do it, you'll probably need to call one of the Viper breakers (Scharf comes to mind) for parts. Good luck.
    Alright thanks, I'll give those a shot. I think the problem is somehow they rusted inside the plastic tube surrounding the cables and are unable to move freely. Not sure if I'll have to remove the casing or not.. Would it be to much to remove the whole pedal assembly? as you probably know its a bitch trying to work in the foot well.

Enthusiast
    If you remove it, I would love to see it in person. I would like to understand if it's possible to further change the pedal ratio/effort like I did on my Gen 1.