Garage Space in NY/NJ/CT

I am looking for some advice around car storage. I've got a few cars stored at various locations in the north east, mainly because they're there for free. But I'd like to have them all in one spot, so I'm looking for some space within probably 30-45 minutes of NYC to store a few cars in one place and just have a place to work on them, store them and some other things.

My options I guess are to just straight up buy a shop or space or rent space at an established garage or something.

For renting, I've seen some of the garages out on the island in New Hyde Park and up in Westchester but feel like it's a bit more than I need and more expensive than I'd like to pay just to have access to them.

I really like the idea of buying but have no idea what that entails and I can already tell that would be a significant investment, but not totally unrealistic.

Any advice or pointers on where to look?

Enthusiast
    Westchester, New York/North myrtle beach SC
    I'm in westchester I'll keep an eye out for you, how many cars?

Enthusiast
    I know of a few private storage areas that might be good fit in Hamden, CT and Naugatuck, CT. Let me know if you're interested (even though it's further than 45 minutes from
    NYC) and I'll get some contact info for you.

3 at the moment, but who knows what the future holds

- - - Updated - - -

For sure, happy to explore a bit even if it's just to get an idea of what's realistic.

I keep some cars and my transporter in Ramsey NJ just off rte 17. Its an indoor climate controlled , the owners are car guys and racers. (I have a bunch of buddies storing Porsche, Vipers and Ferrari's there all high end stuff. Prices are very reasonable and totally safe and secure spotless place.

http://www.celticspeed.com/

Matt is the owner just tell him you are a buddy of mine (Steve Katz)

Have you looked into a small warehouse space? I have no idea on your actual price range but lots of guys get a small warehouse or part of one and store their cars there. Warehouses are going up left and right around here and some of them have been sitting for quite some time. There's always something for sale with multiple sq/ft. options.

Thanks Steve, just shot them a note, I appreciate the referral!

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Have you looked into a small warehouse space? I have no idea on your actual price range but lots of guys get a small warehouse or part of one and store their cars there. Warehouses are going up left and right around here and some of them have been sitting for quite some time. There's always something for sale with multiple sq/ft. options.
    That's kind of what I was thinking, but know zero about personal/commercial real estate like that. Where would I even begin to look?

If you have not found anything yet I have a friend giving up a three car garage with two lifts so you can get 5 in there just off 208 in NJ. About 20 min from the GW bridge.