Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Riley to continue GT3-R Program in the Tudor Championship

Some good news for viper racing. Looks like Riley Motorsports and Ben Keating are to run the #33 for the full season next year in the Tudor championship. They recently tested 2 cars (the one that burned at Sebring is back and running again). The 2nd car isn't confirmed for the full season yet and could just run the 4 endurance rounds in the championship, although they are working on making both cars a full season effort. Marc Goosens and Kuno Wittmer were also at the test and are at the front of the list (as well as Dominik) for potential drivers if more cars are entered.

It's also good to note that a PWC spec 3rd car was tested too. Hope that means that they might be gearing up for a PWC effort as well.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ri...r-gtd-program/

Well, a bit of a silver lining. It would be fantastic to have a pair of Vipers in GTD, especially if the pro for car #2 was Kuno or Dominik. Which brings up the question: who's the best "gentleman driver" for a GT3-R, outside of Keating? And would that person have to carry a huge wallet?

Large Wallets are a must. I'm sure that if the pros take the ride there will be lots of advertising dollars.
    All it takes is Money

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    Large Wallets are a must. I'm sure that if the pros take the ride there will be lots of advertising dollars.
    All it takes is Money
    This. Anything else is a pipedream. Takes money.

Enthusiast
    Thanks for the information, I wish the teams well, Gentleman Driver? Mmmmmmmm, Can I have a go

Sorry, no wallet though

Enthusiast
    How long till they make the Viper carry extra weight because they are embarrassing all the other cars?

Really awesome news to hear. THANKS BEN and ViperExchange for carrying the racing torch for Viper. You guys rock!!!

Enthusiast
    Thanks for sharing ! I'll be sure to get out and cheer them on !!!

Enthusiast
    You beat me too it as I was just going to post this great news !!!!!! Have tickets to the 24 and cannot wait to get there.

Enthusiast
    Wow AWSOME!

Enthusiast
    That's great news. I look forward to cheering them on in 2015! Thanks Ben and Riley!

Enthusiast
    Great news!

Here's the official word from Ben Keating and Riley Technologies on this season. Looks like they will be running 1 car for the full season and enter a 2nd for the Endurance Cup rounds (includes Daytona 24, Sebring 12 hour, Watkins Glen, and Petit Le Mans). Dominik, Kuno, and Marc are all at Daytona testing and may join Keating, Bleekemolen, and Al Carter as officially entered drivers. Go viper exchange go!

Also to note, after today's first first test sessions for the Roar Before the 24, the vipers are 1st and 2nd quickest. Still several days of testing, but they are hot off the trailer. I only hope they don't slap too many more restrictions on the cars come the race weekend later this month.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ri...naec-programs/

Practice 1 results: http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...tice%201_0.pdf

Practice 2 results: http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...che=1407465270
    Last edited by Solid Red 98; 01-09-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Enthusiast
    So NOT the Le mans 24hrs at this stage.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    So NOT the Le mans 24hrs at this stage.
    Domestic series only so far. The forecast looks a lot warmer than past years and hope it stays the same. Froze our arses off last year when out of the infield coach. That wind at night can be a beeatch.

Enthusiast
    Awesome! Hats off to Riley and Viper Exchange for continuing to support the Viper in racing.

Enthusiast
    I'm very excited, very happy that Riley and Viper Exchange are carrying the torch. But between GTLM, GTD and the growing popularity of WC I'm starting to see more teams evolving into the GT3 category this year. I think it'll continue to grow too only because of the rules in place of the GTD class are probably a little more lenient than GTLM. Besides, what better than that motor in the GT3-R being so similar to a street Gen V motor. Kinda a bigger deal for manufacturers I think.

Also, I'm glad to see Kuno, Dom and Marc down there in Daytona helping out. That's a big plus. Another big plus is having Cameron Lawrence on the team. Cameron is a two-time Trans Am champion with the Challenger SRT getting the title last year. Kids pretty dominant, like the Jeff Gordon of sports car racing. Very down to earth too.

As for LeMans, will just have to see how things pan out but it's looking more positive everyday!

--RS

After the 3 day test session, the Riley vipers were 1st and 2nd quickest in GTD. A little bit worried about how much faster they were...... might lead to some more BoP.

Overall results: http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...ed%20P1-P8.pdf

Enthusiast
    Riley Viper's will easily have the best driver lineup in the GTD class. They have all the Pro or "Gold" drivers from the factory cars last year. I'm not sure who the amateur is gonna be for the #93 car. Ben will be in the #33.

^Definitely. According to the 2015 official FIA driver ratings (which rates drivers bronze, silver, gold, and platinum) the Riley Motorsports drivers are as follows:
    Ben Keating: Silver
    Al Carter: Bronze
    Dominik Farnbacher: Gold
    Marc Goosens: Platinum
    Kuno Wittmer: Platinum
    Jeroen Bleekemolen: Platinum
    Sebastiaan Bleekemolen: Silver
    Cameron Lawrence: no official rating but I expect him to be bronze or silver (he is a SCCA TA2 champion and ran in the SRT supported Challengers last year)

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Red 98 View Post
    ^Definitely. According to the 2015 official FIA driver ratings (which rates drivers bronze, silver, gold, and platinum) the Riley Motorsports drivers are as follows:
    Ben Keating: Silver
    Al Carter: Bronze
    Dominik Farnbacher: Gold
    Marc Goosens: Platinum
    Kuno Wittmer: Platinum
    Jeroen Bleekemolen: Platinum
    Sebastiaan Bleekemolen: Silver
    Cameron Lawrence: no official rating but I expect him to be bronze or silver (he is a SCCA TA2 champion and ran in the SRT supported Challengers last year)
    Very interesting. Dominik is not Platinum? Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by rw99 View Post
    Very interesting. Dominik is not Platinum? Huh.
    Yeah I was surprised about that too. IIRC the ratings aren't only about straight pace, but also championship success, previous experience, etc. I would still think Dominik would be a platinum driver though.....

Enthusiast
    Would the ex factory car keep the red /white livery in the new series? It just looked stunning in those last few races.

Enthusiast
    Would the ex factory car keep the red /white livery in the new series? It just looked stunning in those last few races.
    The 93 is not the ex factory car. The #33 car is the original #1 chassis that burned at Sebring last year. The #93 car was the car they finished the season with which is chassis #4.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGTS View Post
    The 93 is not the ex factory car. The #33 car is the original #1 chassis that burned at Sebring last year. The #93 car was the car they finished the season with which is chassis #4.
    Got it, I think.....So the two Red White Factory Dodge SRT cars will remain parked? (car 91 and 93).

Got it, I think.....So the two Red White Factory Dodge SRT cars will remain parked? (car 91 and 93).
    Yah. Riley's running GT3-Rs in the GTD class.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast