Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Well Im no expert, and only know that the speaker kit will work with the installed amplifier. I also know the same has worked for others, and the amplifier will play them. I dont know if there's an upgraded amplifier available.

I could guess the 1800 dollar upcharge could be the Porsche style, get their margins in the options trick...... or they could really change the amplifier. I dont know.

A quick check could be to call the dealer for a replacement amp using a 12 speaker cars VIN, then look for an amp using an 18 speaker cars VIN

By the way, the only reason I even added the 18 speaker upgrade kit to my 12 speaker was because as soon as I realized there were blank plates in the doors where speakers should be, the plates annoyed me. Lol
    Last edited by darbgnik; 11-04-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSnake View Post
    Did some digging and came up with this for the 18 speaker system amp

http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/p...8224519AD.html
    I have the 12-speaker system and just ordered the speaker upgrade. My amplifier P/N is listed in the part numbers of the 18-speaker amplifier you linked to, note the Logic 7 emblem. Amplifier is just to the right of the battery in the back of my car, just pop the hatch and lift the access panel to see what you have.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wrh3; 11-04-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Enthusiast
    Well if the amps are all the same, voltages are all the same and it is just the extra speakers and a dealer reflash to get to 18 from the base system, sure seems excessive to pick up the factory 18 speaker option at that cost when you can save $1,400 bucks by ordering the speakers afterwards. There has to be more to it than that. If not, there is almost a case to just have 18 speaker system as base system and no stereo options. Why piss around with it, unless they figure most won't care to pay more money for nothing but an install.

thanks wrh3, that pic helps a ton. wonder what is in the acr from the factory.

Enthusiast
    I'll be doing this to the TA, need more sound!

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Set your base to max in the equalizer, turn the volume to 18+, and pull up your favorite rock song via USB. If it's not kicking you in the back through your seat then something didn't take with the software.

I had another dealer go through the same steps all over again and the 2 new rear subs are still not working. This isn't a software issue, there is something else at play here. I am suspecting the amplifier as of this point. It is one of the listed part numbers of applicable amps posted on page 2, but it has to stem from that as I watched the dealer perform the steps. I have also verified that the subs are 100% connect correctly(plugged in with a click).
    Last edited by 1.8t; 12-06-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by wrh3 View Post
    I have the 12-speaker system and just ordered the speaker upgrade. My amplifier P/N is listed in the part numbers of the 18-speaker amplifier you linked to, note the Logic 7 emblem. Amplifier is just to the right of the battery in the back of my car, just pop the hatch and lift the access panel to see what you have.
    Hey thanks for taking the picture. I wonder why SRT calls it two different things... A base 13 speaker system and a 800w 18 speaker system if it only just a few hundred more to buy the speakers after the fact... Got to be more to this than that.
    This is mopar we are talking about... factory option for the 18 radio is $1400 so the Mopar version for a couple of generic speakers should be $2000! or some shit like that.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by wrh3 View Post

They have been through a few versions of this amp! Mine is 68224519AF in a 2015 TA2.0

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by donk_316 View Post
    I posted it earlier in this thread. The HK amp is a 32v output amp (I have no idea what that means) the 13 speaker system is not.

Google dude.

Yeah the speakers are advertised as the same speakers as the HK system... Doesn't say anything about the amplifiers. Reread the description.
    Looks like amps are same. Here is from HK themselves: http://www.harmankardon.com/content?ContentID=viper-srt

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTonka View Post
    Looks like amps are same. Here is from HK themselves: http://www.harmankardon.com/content?ContentID=viper-srt
    Hey buddy thanks for the link. That is only describing the 18 speaker system run off the 12 ch 800w amp.

It could be the same, I can't find any evidence besides the descriptions but I'm still not convinced the amps are the same for each package

Enthusiast
    Hey buddy thanks for the link. That is only describing the 18 speaker system run off the 12 ch 800w amp.

It could be the same, I can't find any evidence besides the descriptions but I'm still not convinced the amps are the same for each package
    http://www.huntingforparts.com/oe-mopar/68224519aa

This website shows the same amp for base SRT and for GTS. Don't all GTS have the 18 speaker standard? I am 99.99% positive the same amp is used in both the 12 and 18 speaker systems. Not sure about the 3 speaker ACR but it would not surprise me if it was the same as the 18 speaker amp.
    Last edited by TexasTonka; 01-03-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Enthusiast
    The 12 speaker amplifier has the speaker outputs for the two additional subs to get on the way to 18, I verified the wiring pinout when I added an aftermarket sub to mine.(I used one sub sub signal out of the four choices available)

20150618_165129.jpg20150618_163306.jpg
    Last edited by darbgnik; 12-06-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Enthusiast
    haha! I pretty much have my fingers in my ears now saying "I cant hear you! I cant hear you!"

You might be right... might be the same amp. SRT is just ripping everyone off for a "stereo upgrade" at $1400 when they sell the kit separately for $500.

Enthusiast
    haha! I pretty much have my fingers in my ears now saying "I cant hear you! I cant hear you!"

You might be right... might be the same amp. SRT is just ripping everyone off for a "stereo upgrade" at $1400 when they sell the kit separately for $500.
    Won't be applicable to your 2016 anyway, lol.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    Won't be applicable to your 2016 anyway, lol.
    haha, well I ticked the stereo upgrade box anyways... whatever! totally useless upgrade for a guy who drives 50km/hr and listens to AM radio.

Enthusiast
    Bringing this thread back from the dead; do we know for sure whether you can upgrade a TA's speakers to the full GTS optional system and have it work?

Thanks,
    Andi

Do you have a diagram or can you take a picture of your amp that shows the wiring pinout where the speaker outputs for the subs are in the wiring harness? I have the 12 speaker stock, added the 2 additional 6x9 subs, went to the dealer to enable the 18 speaker option but the last 2 6x9 subs are not working at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    The 12 speaker amplifier has the speaker outputs for the two additional subs to get on the way to 18, I verified the wiring pinout when I added an aftermarket sub to mine.(I used one sub sub signal out of the four choices available)

20150618_165129.jpg20150618_163306.jpg

^ As I have stated numerous times across many threads, yet my posts seem to get ignored. The 2 additional subs will not work through the software update at the dealer the way the instructions dictate. Hopefully we can figure out how to get them going as I feel like the added base would balance out the system.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.8t View Post
    ^ As I have stated numerous times across many threads, yet my posts seem to get ignored. The 2 additional subs will not work through the software update at the dealer the way the instructions dictate. Hopefully we can figure out how to get them going as I feel like the added base would balance out the system.
    What part number is your Amp? What year car do you have and what sound system option did you have selected?

I have not installed this yet on my 2015 TA2.0 with the 12 speaker option but some that have it has worked as the instructions say. I'm trying to get amp and configuration info from them as well.

My theory is this was a upgrade from the 9 speaker to 18 speaker system, basically for 2013 cars. It may be possible that in 2013 it was just a software flash and adding these extra speakers but in 2014 when they went to 12 speaker systems they enabled the full 18 speaker flash across the board (hence the reason why the door tweeters work immediately) but installed a jumper of some sort for the added rear base speakers, much like they did on the ACR.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I had this done on my TA by Roanoke and I'm certain it's working. Base hits so much harder than before I can feel it in my back. Combined with the additional door tweeters I now have to turn the music down if I want to hear the exhaust.

One note - 95% of what I listen to is from my iPhone via USB. Radio itself is weaker and I didn't renew Sirius when it expired.
    Could you verify your amp part number? I wonder if Roanoke replaced your amp as well as installed the added speakers is what I'm getting at. Would you review your invoice amount and tell us cost and amp part number please?
    Also I assume you did this to a 2014 TA?

I Did The Upgrade On My 1OF1 ACR , Got The 12 Speaker, Then Added The Speakers , Subs No Power, My Amp # Is 05035418AC. And No Logic7 Stamped On The Sticker .

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1koolasp 14TA View Post
    I Did The Upgrade On My 1OF1 ACR , Got The 12 Speaker, Then Added The Speakers , Subs No Power, My Amp # Is 05035418AC. And No Logic7 Stamped On The Sticker .
    On the ACR speaker upgrade thread I saw where there is a jumper wire under the dash keeping all the speakers from playing but it also fried a radio of someones.

I do not think the GT, SRT or TA has this jumper wire. Thanks for posting amp info though. I am almost certain all Logic 7 stamped amps are 18 speaker capable.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTonka View Post
    What part number is your Amp? What year car do you have and what sound system option did you have selected?

I have not installed this yet on my 2015 TA2.0 with the 12 speaker option but some that have it has worked as the instructions say. I'm trying to get amp and configuration info from them as well.

My theory is this was a upgrade from the 9 speaker to 18 speaker system, basically for 2013 cars. It may be possible that in 2013 it was just a software flash and adding these extra speakers but in 2014 when they went to 12 speaker systems they enabled the full 18 speaker flash across the board (hence the reason why the door tweeters work immediately) but installed a jumper of some sort for the added rear base speakers, much like they did on the ACR.
    The car is 2014 TA and it came with the standard system, which is guess is 9 or 12? I will post the amp info tonight.

My AMP part number is 68224519AB

Enthusiast
    Now I just need a '14 or 15' GTS with the 18 speaker system to chime in and we can compare part numbers. I have a feeling it is the exact same number.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast