Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Track Days at Buttonwillow January 17-18 2015

Viper event that will be taking place at Buttonwillow Raceway on January 17-18, 2015.

We are in the final stages of making this event become a reality. Our deadline to secure all funding and finalize the contracts is November 30th. In order to do this, we need to reach our minimum target of 55 Vipers to sign up and pay as soon as possible. If we do not reach the minimum by November 30th, 2014, this event will be cancelled and your registration fee will be refunded in full. If we reach our goal and sign the contracts to secure the event, there will be NO REFUNDS made. This event will be rain or shine, hot or cold and guaranteed to ROCK !

Once you have paid please fill out the following Registration form:

Please take a moment to register/pay via PayPal BEFORE November 30th, 2014.

For more information on the event, here is a link to the webpage: http://www.westcoastracinginc.com/VT/

We have a room block at the 4 Points Sheraton in Bakersfield. They have given us a special rate of $89.00/night
    Please call and make your room reservations early before they sell out. Call them at (661)325-9700 and tell them you are with the Viper Group.

Here are some of the highlights for the event:

VIPER TRACKS 2015
    ButtonWillow Raceway
    January 17-18, 2015
    A Viper exclusive driving event
    Viper specific driver education
    Skip Thomas will return to teach safety driving classes as well as advanced driving classes
    Four different run groups: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Race
    4 track sessions on each day
    In car instructors for all beginner group drivers
    Dinner banquet Saturday night
    Cost: $395

Viper Tracks 2015 is heavily sponsored by the following and without them we would not be able to have this event:

Dan Cragin - Specialty Performance Team 661-588-2882
    Dan will be performing required Tech inspections for the Vipers and we recommend that you have him do it prior to attending Viper Tracks 2015. This way any issues can be properly corrected before the event. Dan is renowned as one of the best in the Nation when it comes to Viper Techs and we are lucky to have him here on the West coast.

Mike Bell - Motor Village LA 877-849-0771
    Mike and his team at Motor Village LA have committed their efforts to support the Viper owners and help promote the brand. If you are looking for a new Dodge/Chrysler product in the So Cal area, visit Motor Village and see what they can do for you.

Paul Normandin - Normandin Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram 877-330-0391
    Paul and his team have been long time supporters of the Vipers up in the Bay area. It is great to have them recognize the significance of this event and help sponsor the event. If you are looking for a new vehicle, they will likely have exactly what you are looking for.

Todd Gomez - Bad Boyzz Garage 916-505-9026
    Toddy has a long history with the Vipers and has developed a great line of performance upgrades which are proven for the track. If you are looking to increase HP or performance, definitely call Toddy and see what he can do for you.

For more info on the Track
    http://buttonwillowraceway.com

1 John B.
    2 Robert B.
    3 Gary C.
    4 Stevan D.
    5 Rich E.
    6 Peter H.
    7 Scott H.
    8 Brad H.
    9 Ben K.
    10 Lance K.
    11 Al O.
    12 Greg S.
    13 Todd S.
    14 John W.
    15 Larry W.
    16 Jay M
    17 Brent K
    18 Glenn I.
    19 Randy B.
    20 Lee W.
    21 Rick H
    22 Jeff A
    23 John B
    24 Tom L
    25 Jay S
    26 Patrick M
    27 Keith A
    28 Mike C
    29 Andy H
    30 Jose A
    31 Anthony M
    32 Austin M
    33 Glen M
    34 Richard S
    35 Eddie R
    36 Bruce C
    37 Ante B
    38 Loyde I
    39 Tony M
    40 Roxana M
    41 Alan W
    42 Mike F
    43 Justin F
    44 Jennifer F
    45 Randy T
    46 Gentulio B
    47 Gavin G
    48 Chuck G
    49 Gerald W.
    50 James M.
    51 Ken A
    52 Raj C
    53 Eddie M
    54 Jonathan M
    55 Laurence G
    56 Kurt K
    57 Otto P
    58 Garry W
    59 Paul S
    60 Andeas E
    61 Michael S
    62 Chris H
    63 David A
    64 Madeline A
    65 Mike B
    66 Mike M
    67 Jim K
    68 Denis V
    69 Shannon A
    70 Rich P
    71 Vineet V
    72 John B
    73 John F
    74 Eduard C
    75 Elana S
    76 Mike M
    77 Josh J
    78 Ryan B
    Last edited by 1HOTV10; 01-10-2015 at 11:21 AM.

I'm in. This promises to be another great NorCal/SoCal track weekend, and an excellent way to kick off 2015!
    Last edited by rw99; 10-31-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Enthusiast
    Yes! And we also have Nevada and Arizona attending.

Enthusiast
    This will be a great event so don't miss out. The entrance fee will go up drastically to $595 on December 1st. so don't wait.

I'm in and Paid

For more info on the Track
    http://buttonwillowraceway.com
    Last edited by 1HOTV10; 11-10-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Enthusiast
    Is there any issue running a vert with factory hoops?

Enthusiast
    Perhaps some one could give some details on the tech inspection, if there is one. I'd hate to make the trip from AZ to have to sit on the sidelines for a technicality!

Super excited for this, will be signing up soon!

Tech Team

Hi All,
    Thanks for the enthusiasm and support of this event. Viper Track Days will give all types of owners a chance to really feel what a Viper can do in a controlled environment, on the track. I really encourage those who have never done this before to give it a shot. You won't regret it. Groups are designed to match your skill level, there won't be any pressure to work outside your comfort level, plus we will have experienced Viper instructors to help you.

I will be posting a Tech sheet on line for all the requirements for the event. I encourage everyone to get this done before the event. Tech and support will be available at the track, but it's always better not to wait until the last minute. As we move forward, I will post some pointers on getting your car ready, plus many vendors on this site can help.

In regards to safety requirements for convertibles. We are still working with the West Coast racing on this, but hard tops or roll bars are currently required for convertibles. I am currently working with Autoform Development on some "loaner" hard tops. More information on this is coming. If you are interested in a roll bar, which is a good idea for a convertible, SPT and many of the other vendors here have options.

I should have more information in the next week.
    Last edited by Dan Cragin; 11-12-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Enthusiast
    Hotel reservations are filling up quickly. Don't wait much longer if you have signed up for the Track

We have a room block at the 4 Points Sheraton in Bakersfield. They have given us a special rate of $89.00/night
    Please call and make your room reservations early before they sell out. Call them at (661)325-9700 and tell them you are with the Viper Group.

Tech Team

Viper Tracks - High Performance Driving Event Tech Inspection

Specialty Performance Team is offering a free pre-event Tech Inspection to all entrants of the Viper Track - HPDE event January 17-18 at Buttonwillow Raceway.

Every car will receive a 60 point vehicle inspection with report and signed Tech Sheet (upon approval).

I highly recommend everyone have their car inspected before the event. Track Day inspections will be $15 and those who do not pass, may lose a chance to get on the track.

Attached is a link to the West Coast Racing Tech Sheet

http://www.westcoastracinginc.com/Tech.pdf

Everyone will need a Fire Extinguisher / fastened in the cockpit. These are available through VOA vendors and SPT. Some will be available at the track.

Helmets must be worn and have a 2000 Snell rating or better

Lap Belts must be working properly/ 4-5 and 6 point belts are recommended but not required.

Tires must be in good condition/ no cracks / under 8 years old (6 is best) and no tire plugs. A good street sport alignment will assure good handling and tire wear. Check your tire pressures and torque the wheel lug nuts.

You want to make sure your fluid services are current, on Gen 2-3 cars without modified oil pans, it's critical that you keep the oil level just above the full mark. Consider an oil pan upgrade if you do not have one and never run slicks if you do not. Brake and clutch fluid should be clear, not brown. It can boil and you will lose your brakes or clutch. Two year change intervals are suggested.

Brake pads should be at 40% or better, rotors should not have light surface cracks that go to the edge. Brake lines should be properly routed and have no cuts in the rubber. Stainless Steel brake lines are recommended for better pedal feel and safety.

Check for leaks, belts and hoses should be in good condition.

Make sure there are no loose items in the car or under the seats.

Convertibles will need either a hard top or roll bar. SPT will have a limited number of hard tops (Gen 1-2-3) and plug in roll hoops (Gen 3-4), I currently have a commitment for 3 Gen 1-2 Hard Tops, 1 Gen 3-4 hard top and 4 approved plug in roll hoops for Gen 3-4. I will have an exact count shortly (Please consider purchasing either of these options if you plan to track your car regularly. Think of it as insurance, it's not a problem until you need it!

We are looking forward to a fun and organized event. Feel free to call with any questions.

Dan Cragin

Specialty Performance Team

626-588-2882

Enthusiast
    Viper Tracks at Buttonwillow now has 67 Drivers. We're down to the last 24 hours to register at the discounted price of $395 for two race days and a Group banquet Saturday night. Don't miss out. Register here http://www.westcoastracinginc.com/VT/
    Last edited by 1HOTV10; 12-30-2014 at 08:00 PM.

And did we mention that Erich Heuschele will be joining us, along with Tommy Kendall? With a Viper TA and a Hellcat Challenger. On top of that, all registered VOA members will have a chance to win a full set of Pirelli tires in Gen III/IV/V fitment.

We're going to have a great time, and hope anyone still on the fence will decide to join us for our Viper invasion of Buttonwillow!

Enthusiast
    Just got my Viper Friday and I might be able to make it but it seems the Paypal link is not working if I decide to sign up. I need to get new tires and have the car inspected so that's putting me on a tight schedule.

Is there someone I can contact or a new link if I am able to finalize everything?

Enthusiast
    I just heard the final tally is 78 Vipers! Amazing job to everyone that is making this event happen. I am truly impressed at the numbers of attendees! This is going to be an incredible weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 1HOTV10 View Post
    Viper Tracks at Buttonwillow now has 67 Drivers. We're down to the last 24 hours to register at the discounted price of $395 for two race days and a Group banquet Saturday night. Don't miss out. Register here http://www.westcoastracinginc.com/VT/
    See ya up there!
    Last edited by catwood; 01-08-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Sorry for the late post, I had only posted it up on the SoCal site.

If anyone wants to caravan up from SoCal tomorrow, the main meet point will be 11:00 at Wood Ranch BBQ. There's a big parking lot for staples and Sport Chalet so there should be plenty of space for the trailers.

Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill
    Valencia Marketplace
    25580 The Old Road
    Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381

We will grab lunch then head out and stop for gas at the Chevron before the track where hwy 58 intersects hwy 5

Chevron
    20656 Tracy Avenue
    Buttonwillow, CA 93206

Then off to Buttonwillow Raceway to drop off the trailers and do a little prepping.

Buttonwillow Raceway Park
    24551 Lerdo Hwy
    Buttonwillow, CA 93206

The final destination will be the Four Points Sheraton in Bakersfield to check in.

Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield
    5101 California Avenue
    Bakersfield, CA 93309

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Thanks to Dan Cragin, I'll Be There as his guest !

Gonna close Friday and fly down for this GREAT event. Maybe add ButtonWillow to my resume? Never been....

One of my "Viper Heroes" is Skip Thomas, and Ship will be teaching and speaking, just like the Olden Days ...

SEE U THERE.......

JonB

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_eddie View Post
    Just got my Viper Friday and I might be able to make it but it seems the Paypal link is not working if I decide to sign up. I need to get new tires and have the car inspected so that's putting me on a tight schedule.

Is there someone I can contact or a new link if I am able to finalize everything?
    HI Eddie

Were you able to sign up for Viper Tracks or are you planning to come out and spectate?

Glenn

Enthusiast
    Well that was certainly a lot of fun. I wish I could've gone to both days but Saturday was a blast. Even the fog couldn't dim the enthusiasm. It's also interesting to note that a lot of the Vipers were driven hard, which is the way God intended it to be. I certainly drove my 2014 GTS fast enough to be highly entertained and if I slowed down any of the race cars in the Red group just know that I was pushing the stock Zero's as hard as I could. Next year I promise to step up my game with a fresh set of Corsa's and, believe me, I'm looking forward to them.

Enthusiast
    I've been to literally 100+ Viper track-day / strip day /Auto-X events since 1993. So I can attest to the fact that Viper Tracks I {VT1 for short} was a great event! 28 Greenies, with huge grins on their faces. 50 other owners who had a fast, safe, fantastic time. [Only 1 splitter munched on a full-race car, no biggie.] At least a dozen other Vipers/owners came out to spectate, see Dan Cragin work his SRT Roll-Bar and other Viper magic, {45 minute roll bar ?!?!} ....and see BaddBoys new header setup.

The Sat Afternoon Viper Parade Lap, TA-paced by Tommy Kendall and by Alana from Hot Rod Magazine probably had 90+ Vipers! Beautiful to behold, and to HEAR. The View from the Pace Car looking back was awe-inspiring. The LAST car had the BEST view!

SRT brought TA and Hellcat and Tommy Kendall and Eric Heuschele gave rides both days til the long rider-lines dropped to zero....

THANKS to Dan Cragin for inviting me down to be part of his tech-inspection crew; To Lance and Scott for the honor of having me introduce Skip Thomas at the banquet; To the dozens who went along with the "Hellcat Gas Money Gag" on Eric H.......it was hugely funny. To Paul Normandin for pit-paddock hospitality; and to Jim Saxton and all the participants who let me play 'pit-boss' for the bazillionth time. I did not know you could get sunburned thru soupy fog, and NO visible sun! Welcome to SoCal...

til VT2 then..............
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 01-19-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Just got this emailed to me. That's me in the TA, I got to chase my friend Richard around all day, I just could not catch him (those ACR's are fast).

Great event I need to do this more often.

Enthusiast
    C'mon guys - where's the pics and videos so we can live vicariously through you?

Sounds like it was a blast.
    No pictures or Video means it never happened

Enthusiast
    Lots of pix on Facebook at Viper Tracks and JonB PartsRack

V1P3R
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    C'mon guys - where's the pics and videos so we can live vicariously through you?
    Agree, I need to live through you guys during these amazing winter months!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast