Enthusiast

Bluetooth Audio Skipping

Does anyone else experience the stereo stopping, skipping, etc. when using Bluetooth Audio (Media) from your iPhone? It's really annoying, and the only other solution is to use an auxiliary input or plug in through the USB, but Spotify doesn't have the same capability when using the USB cord (can't go backward or repeat a song). Not sure if this is a problem with mine specifically, or all of them, and wanted to confirm before taking it in for service. Was an issue with my iPhone 5, and also my iPhone 6, so it's not the phone. My 2013 Lexus has never experienced any issue with Bluetooth audio.

Enthusiast
    I listen to audiobooks via Audible.com app on my iPhone 5 and it skips to the next chapter on occasion. I have to reboot the damn phone to fix it, then it'll decide to do it a couple days later. It does this in both my Ford Flex and my Viper. My other music apps work fine.

Enthusiast
    UConnect in general is garbage

Enthusiast
    I have some "dead spots" of hundredths of a second when Bluetoothing internet or HDD audio to the car. Enough to be annoying, but not enough to be a dealbreaker. I just figure it's the connection coming and going, or not being able to keep up with the data transfer rate.

Now that I'm bothering to look it up, Bluetooth 2.0 can transmit around 3.0 Mbps, and Pandora One transmits at 0.192 Mbps, so that shouldn't be a problem.

This forum post here suggests that if you've got your phone paired with the car and are also using the Bluetooth connection to stream, the car is trying to share the connection for both functions and it stutters.

Not sure you can pair the music without the phone, and I'm too lazy to worry. Food for thought, though.

Enthusiast
    Bryan, I read through the link, but I have no issues on my Lexus doing both bluetooth phone and bluetooth audio, and the same with my brother's car which happens to also be a Lexus. I guess I will contact the dealer next.