Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Thanks for watching gents.

Junkman excellent series. Regrading towels, have you found cheaper alternatives to the Blonde? The Rag Company is local to me. What should I get from them?

Enthusiast
    I will actually be buying an orbital soon. I was scared to but junkman has a video where he lets his 10 year old daughter at his car with an orbital. So, I figured if she isn't scared of it, perhaps I shouldn't be.

Thanks for the videos, as always. I will carefully watch them later.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACR View Post
    Junkman excellent series. Regrading towels, have you found cheaper alternatives to the Blonde? The Rag Company is local to me. What should I get from them?
    ACR, check out this thread JM posted telling us of the best detailing towels from the Rag Co.

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads...-on-the-Dollar!

Quote Originally Posted by Slithr View Post
    ACR, check out this thread JM posted telling us of the best detailing towels from the Rag Co.

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads...-on-the-Dollar!
    Thanks!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    I will actually be buying an orbital soon. I was scared to but junkman has a video where he lets his 10 year old daughter at his car with an orbital. So, I figured if she isn't scared of it, perhaps I shouldn't be.
    Yes, and she has little noodley girly arms. Surely you can bench press at least 2 of those polishers.
    Last edited by Junkman2008; 02-09-2021 at 12:06 AM.

Enthusiast
    I'll start with one and do reps. I wouldn't want to attempt 2 without a spotter. : )

Actually, I grew up with rotary buffers that people regularly burned through paint wih and it built up a fear like electroshock therapy that I now have no reason not to get over with these new orbitals. And products. There are gentler products and aggressive products. So you don't have to go with an ultra aggressive compound if you don't want/need to. Not like it used to be. I look forward to doing some slight correction shortly.

Enthusiast
    Let me bump this old thread for the new guys who have joined since they were posted and have never seen these videos. Paint correction made simple. So easy a caveman could do it. The information has not changed in all these years and they are still my most watched videos.

Enthusiast
    Hey everyone, the videos that were originally in my initial post were accidentally deleted but I was able to recover them and combine all 5 videos into ONE video. After all these years, people are still watching this video series (they let me know BIG TIME when it disappeared and it has over a million views!). So I have fixed the initial thread and made the series even better by adding annotations to the video. If you can't fix your paint with a machine after watching THIS video, you never tried!

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    Hey everyone, the videos that were originally in my initial post were accidentally deleted but I was able to recover them and combine all 5 videos into ONE video. After all these years, people are still watching this video series (they let me know BIG TIME when it disappeared and it has over a million views!). So I have fixed the initial thread and made the series even better by adding annotations to the video. If you can't fix your paint with a machine after watching THIS video, you never tried!
    I'm still not understanding the whole process. Maybe you could travel 70mi and demonstrate. da959c72-0d8e-4491-a2af-9595ef682ae5_1749094817768.gif

Enthusiast
    Are you in Lexington?

Are you in Lexington?
    Yep! Met you over a decade ago at a viper meet just outside Louisville,where you were the star attraction. Recently got back into a viper. Still have the equipment,and made some recent purchases at the Rag Company.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grcforce327 View Post
    Yep! Met you over a decade ago at a viper meet just outside Louisville,where you were the star attraction. Recently got back into a viper. Still have the equipment,and made some recent purchases at the Rag Company.
    Well first off, that would be SEVENTY-THREE miles! Every time the Wildcats and Cardinals tangle, the TV broadcast love to make that crystal clear!

Yes, I definitely remember that meet! We had a good time and you guys brought out some sweet wheels. Man, once this pandemic is over and the heat comes back, we could always do that again. Just let me know, I'm always game for hanging out with some good car guys!

Well first off, that would be SEVENTY-THREE miles! Every time the Wildcats and Cardinals tangle, the TV broadcast love to make that crystal clear!

Yes, I definitely remember that meet! We had a good time and you guys brought out some sweet wheels. Man, once this pandemic is over and the heat comes back, we could always do that again. Just let me know, I'm always game for hanging out with some good car guys!
    ResizedP_48d23693-885d-40ca-b594-98f51302b791_31976525845040.gif

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
    Hey Junkman just now seeing this video, going to watch this whole thing and learn to get the swirls out now and start doing your drying with water technique, thanks again..

Enthusiast
    Welcome to the swirl-free party. If you have any questions, let me know. I've touched my fair share of Vipers over the years. Here's one that I had to wetsand a scratch out of.

thompson_clinic19.jpg

thompson_clinic22.jpg

thompson_clinic20.jpg

thompson_clinic23.jpg

Nothing but a relection of the ceiling left on that puppy.

thompson_clinic24.jpg
    Last edited by Junkman2008; 01-02-2023 at 01:22 AM.

Enthusiast
    Perfect!!!

Enthusiast
    It was a good time too. Viper owners are good car guys to hang out with.

Enthusiast
    WOW well ive watched your video 2x now and it doesnt seem too hard.. i cant even begin to understand why i was so scared to do it, id much rather do it myself now that i know it can be done pretty easily and with time.. i understand why detail shops charge so much with the time involved but it seems like it will be great to of done it myself gives that self satisfaction! ordered all the parts you said to get and the meguirs stuff you was right you cant buy that crap at the store.. what a shame..

Enthusiast
    There are faster ways to do this stuff but the catch is, it's way more dangerous to do it the faster way. Since I enjoy spending time with my car, I don't care how long it takes. It's really simple to do if you understand everything you watched and what I said. I take the rocket science out of this stuff because when it comes down to it, it's not rocket science.

Enthusiast
    i love my car man dont mind spending the time especially knowing its effective and safe! Got all the stuff in today and looking forward to maybe starting on a rear quarter or trunk a bit tomorrow and see how it goes.. i feel pretty confident. i def wouldnt want to do the fast and not safe way i would be sure to mess it up im good at screwing stuff up! dont mind taking the long and hard way i love my ride!

Enthusiast
    Make sure you watch that video again before you start. TAKE NOTES. Also, remember one of the most important things I say about doing this for the first time. Perfect one spot before even thinking about doing the entire car. If you can't fix one spot, there's no need to even bother with the rest of the car. You'll just end up disappointed and frustrated. I have taught kids to do this at car shows and I even allow them to work on MY car.

carlisle14a.jpg

c5fest6a_zpsafd0b3d6.jpg

angelin_buffer.jpg
    Last edited by Junkman2008; 01-14-2023 at 12:34 AM.

Enthusiast
    For the question about doing tight or small areas on your viper, here's one solution. The 3" pad (technically a 3.5" pad). Now this pad is tricky to use because it will stop rotating and be useless if you apply TOO MUCH PRESSURE. So you have to pay special attention to the amount of pressure than you use in order to ensure that it continually rotates and occilates. It takes a little practice but if the pad isn't rotating AND occilating, you're wasting your time. You won't get any satisfactory results.

3 Inch Pads.jpg

The other solution is to do it by hand, which blows. But if you want to address these tight areas by hand, here's a link to some pads you can use.

If you would rather use a machine, here's a link to these pads on Autogeek. They are not the Hex-Logic style that the pictures shows but they will work too. If you can find a 3.5" Hex-Logic version, buy them.. You can also find single pads for compounding or polishing instead of a kit if you look around long enough. The black pad is used to apply wax, although I never use the black pad. I apply wax by hand. Keep in mind that you also must have a 3" back plate to use this size pad.

WARNING!!! Do NOT use these pads on a drill! You will immediately wipe the paint off the car in a instant and be standing there pissed as hell!
    Last edited by Junkman2008; 01-14-2023 at 09:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast