Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGTS View Post
    Within 1 sec. of the lap record which was set on Michelins. We were on used Pirellis.
    Damn, that's wheelin'! Nice run.

Agree on working with Peter Krause, exceptional experience for me. Top notch advice, set up, and after-the-sale customer service. Also a big fan of the Aim systems, just what I was looking for.

Moved this thread to the track forum with permission from OP. A redirect is in place for one month.
    Janni called me a smartass.......I feel honored and humbled.......

Ron Wasserman, Jerome Sparich, Normand Chouinard, Paul Mumford, Chase the wind, feel the turn,

Enthusiast
    I want to thank VOA members for their support. This is a great group and these are great cars!

I do have a few more integrated Solo DL/SmartyCam HD systems in stock, ready for delivery before Buttonwillow... <grin>

Enthusiast
    Thank you, Matt! Have fun and can't wait to see the videos!

Quote Originally Posted by MTGTS View Post
    Big thanks to Peter for helping with the configurations tonight. Looks like next video will have a working tach along with some other info that can be pulled out of the ECU via OBD.

If anyone is looking for a camera system this is it. Its so easy to use, you don't even have to touch it all day at the track. Two friends that have seen mine went out and purchased already. Give Peter a call and he will set you up!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCoach View Post
    I want to thank VOA members for their support. This is a great group and these are great cars!

I do have a few more integrated Solo DL/SmartyCam HD systems in stock, ready for delivery before Buttonwillow... <grin>
    Peter, I'm taking my setup to COTA this weekend. Expect some phone calls next week

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by XSnake View Post
    Peter, I'm taking my setup to COTA this weekend. Expect some phone calls next week
    I just talked to Peter and ordered the Solo DL/Smarty Cam! And I'll have it in time for COTA on February 7th!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by esm_viper View Post
    I just talked to Peter and ordered the Solo DL/Smarty Cam! And I'll have it in time for COTA on February 7th!
    Congrats! You'll love it

Enthusiast
    Thanks and thank you for posting your video! I've been watching it trying to get more familiar with the track.

Enthusiast
    Thanks and thank you for posting your video! I've been watching it trying to get more familiar with the track.
    The COTA vids? No problem

Enthusiast
    It is such a great tool. I reviewed my data from Laguna Seca and learned a bunch of things. This is really fun. I hit 139 mph on the Laguna Seca straight, which felt good until I read that Randy Pobst hit 143 mph on his record run, lol. The other thing I learned- I was on pace for a mid-1:33 lap before I hit traffic. Still happy with my 1:34.1 lap, but it is fun to look at the data. The best part is if you hire a pro coach (not just an HPDE coach, I'm talking about a top racer and professional coach) and overlay his baseline lap with yours. Then he can coach you based on where you need to improve. Very powerful tool. Plus, the SmartyCam is so easy to use. Data is overlayed on the video automatically. Just pop out the SD card and watch your vid. Enjoy.
    Last edited by VENOM V; 01-04-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Enthusiast
    Subscribed. Need one soon.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by XSnake View Post
    The COTA vids? No problem
    I assumed this was your car?
    https://youtu.be/XJ3QGNT6c7M

Tech Team

I had real good luck with the Racekeeper System. I always had issues with the Smarty Cams.

Enthusiast
    Had my Solo DL and Smartycam GP HD for more than a year in some pretty hot environs here in Texas and so far no problems at all.

Richard

Enthusiast
    I assumed this was your car?
    https://youtu.be/XJ3QGNT6c7M
    Yes it is

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by VENOM V View Post
    It is such a great tool. I reviewed my data from Laguna Seca and learned a bunch of things. This is really fun. I hit 139 mph on the Laguna Seca straight, which felt good until I read that Randy Pobst hit 143 mph on his record run, lol. The other thing I learned- I was on pace for a mid-1:33 lap before I hit traffic. Still happy with my 1:34.1 lap, but it is fun to look at the data. The best part is if you hire a pro coach (not just an HPDE coach, I'm talking about a top racer and professional coach) and overlay his baseline lap with yours. Then he can coach you based on where you need to improve. Very powerful tool. Plus, the SmartyCam is so easy to use. Data is overlayed on the video automatically. Just pop out the SD card and watch your vid. Enjoy.
    1:33 is pretty fast. Congrats. And your not even used to the car yet. Only going to get faster.

Enthusiast
    Sorry to bring this thread back. Anybody have procoachs contact information? I messaged over the forum but no response. Thanks!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by docwviper View Post
    Sorry to bring this thread back. Anybody have procoachs contact information? I messaged over the forum but no response. Thanks!
    PM'd you his email.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cragin View Post
    I had real good luck with the Racekeeper System. I always had issues with the Smarty Cams.
    Is that an HDX2? Where did you mount the box? Did you get data through CAN or OBD2?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cragin View Post
    The new R-K HDX2 is terrific, but big and bulky. I've been a dealer for half a decade and they're very good (and relatively local).

They get the standard OBD-II stream, coolant temp, RPM, throttle and that's about it, just like the AiM. We're working on expanding that within the AiM protocol in the future, but no guarantees.

No secret that the early SmartyCam standard definition versions suffered a LOT of teething pains. There have been more than twenty-five revisions since that time and four completely new hardware releases.

What most folks want, at least from me, is to come back in, pull the card in thirty seconds and without opening Comparo or any other program, play an HD video with throttle, RPM, speed, g's and lap times all already on it.

Only other system that will do that is the standard def Video VBOX (and the new HD2 version, due out by Q3 2016), and I'm a dealer for them, too!

Thanks to VOA members for all the support and kind words!

Enthusiast
    Here's the video from COTA February 7th! This was my last session of the day, the camera and Solo worked perfect! Not sure why the track map didn't show up, I'll have to mess with that. I love the set up, thanks again Peter!!!

https://youtu.be/iv3ejNBux3c

Enthusiast
    What configuration should I be using for a Gen V using the Solo DL?

Thanks,
    Andi

Where do you have the camera mounted? Hanging from the rear glass?

Here's the video from COTA February 7th! This was my last session of the day, the camera and Solo worked perfect! Not sure why the track map didn't show up, I'll have to mess with that. I love the set up, thanks again Peter!!!

https://youtu.be/iv3ejNBux3c

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    What configuration should I be using for a Gen V using the Solo DL?

Thanks,
    Andi
    ECU Make:OBDII
    ECU Model: CAN

You will need to unplug the OBDII cable from the receptacle under the dash overnight to allow the system not to trigger the vehicle CAN and run the battery down. No problem leaving it plugged in each day. Working on a solution for that.

Enthusiast
    I have not tested this in my viper but I am sure it will work. A Garmin Virb XE works great as a lap timer, and data acquisition. Its cheap, setup is easy, and you can swap it between cars or other motor vehicles easy. You can overlay the data to the video so easy, have different overlays for different applications live track/autoX/Back roads.
    this is a video in my S2000.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2wfGQtGvr0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast