Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCoach View Post
    GP version is separate bullet camera/recorder body version. Same components as all in one, just packaged differently. Usually recommended for formula/sports racing
    cars but I have a lot of folks that like the separate version in a GT car. $100 more than the all in one.
    ahhh, I'm looking for the all in one. If you had any of those I'd be interested. Might be worth it to wait for the updated version though.

Enthusiast
    I have a few new all-in-ones, but they're only sold with other components in systems until I get the new batch. I have MANY GP versions, brand new.

I have some slightly used demo versions (still have the plastic protection over the preview lens, all have NEW optical lens covers, all have the latest firmware updated and have a free 32 GB Class 10 UHS-1 card included and FULL warranty from date of purchase, I am one of the largest authorized dealers in the country) for $200 less than new. In a closed car, the sound is fine.

I'd be glad to help, if I can.

Enthusiast
    I have a few new all-in-ones, but they're only sold with other components in systems until I get the new batch. I have MANY GP versions, brand new.

I have some slightly used demo versions (still have the plastic protection over the preview lens, all have NEW optical lens covers, all have the latest firmware updated and have a free 32 GB Class 10 UHS-1 card included and FULL warranty from date of purchase, I am one of the largest authorized dealers in the country) for $200 less than new. In a closed car, the sound is fine.

I'd be glad to help, if I can.
    Thanks but I'm not interested in the GP setup

Enthusiast
    Just got my AIM system installed. A big thanks to TC Design..

Enthusiast
    Great install! If any part of that mount base is plastic, you might want to put a tether on that metal ring under the GPS connector ring nut.

If possible, that antenna should be as high as possible with a view of at least 180 degrees of the horizon.

Do you have an external power cable (cigarette lighter plug) or are you using an ECU Bridge?

Just got off the phone with Adrian and I am NOW a VOA Forum Sponsor!
    Last edited by ProCoach; 09-10-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Enthusiast
    Guys,

I've ordered a SmartyCam HD and a Solo DL for my Viper from Peter Krause. Big thanks to RSNAKE, Dusty1 and V10LEE for your help on this, and connecting me with Peter Krause "ProCoach." This will be a simple portable system on suction cups.

Peter is not just selling me the stuff, he's pre-programming them with all of my tracks and other details at no charge!

I'll do a full write-up on how Laguna Seca 9/21 goes with this set-up.

I plan on doing something more sophisticated with Peter for my Camaro, which needs detailed data and alarms/LED warning lights for oil pressure, oil temp and brake pedal pressure.

Stay tuned!
    Last edited by VENOM V; 09-11-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by VENOM V View Post
    Guys,

I've ordered a SmartyCam HD and a Solo DL for my Viper from Peter Krause. Big thanks to RSNAKE, Dusty1 and V10LEE for your help on this, and connecting me with Peter Krause "ProCoach." This will be a simple portable system on suction cups.

Peter is not just selling me the stuff, he's pre-programming them with all of my tracks and other details at no charge!

I'll do a full write-up on how Laguna Seca 9/21 goes with this set-up.

I plan on doing something more sophisticated with Peter for my Camaro, which needs detailed data and alarms/LED warning lights for oil pressure, oil temp and brake pedal pressure.

Stay tuned!
    I have to thank you guys as well. After discussing the vbox and aim systems I ordered the same setup for my Viper from Peter as well. Definitely want to have it rigged up for COTA in December.

Enthusiast
    Cool, see you at COTA in December!

Richard

Enthusiast
    I'll bring mine in Dec as well. Just won't have my car with it. That's one of the things that have me sold on the all in one version as well. Suction it on to any car just like you would a Go Pro.

Enthusiast
    Received my new all in one Smartycam HD today. VERY nice unit. I'll be testing it out at Sebring in a couple of weeks. Trying to figure out the best way to mount this thing to the cage

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGTS View Post
    Received my new all in one Smartycam HD today. VERY nice unit. I'll be testing it out at Sebring in a couple of weeks. Trying to figure out the best way to mount this thing to the cage
    Sweet! Can't wait to see your video onboard the ACRX!

Enthusiast
    Man I am envious of you guys with these setups. I just don't get on track enough to invest that kind of money into it yet. Still using my gopro but might need to stepup to an actual telemtry system in the future.

Enthusiast
    Fellows, the new Revision 2 SmartyCam HD is now available, the chief benefit being the ability to connect an external mic to the all in one version of the SmartyCam HD. Let me know if I can help!

Enthusiast
    Fellows, the new Revision 2 SmartyCam HD is now available, the chief benefit being the ability to connect an external mic to the all in one version of the SmartyCam HD. Let me know if I can help!
    PM sent thank you..

Enthusiast
    That's what I got

Enthusiast
    link to video from yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIXE...hp_Jo2gzKnWKZw

I'll have to play with the setting to see if I can get the brake/throttle and the RPM displays to work. Very happy with video quality and the ease of use. Never had to think about the camera all day. Auto on & auto off. One less thing on your mind when strapping in.

Enthusiast
    Matt, be glad to help you do that easily and quickly, just send me an email at the addy on the bottom of my homepage under my profile and I'll walk you through it.

Enthusiast
    Matt, be glad to help you do that easily and quickly, just send me an email at the addy on the bottom of my homepage under my profile and I'll walk you through it.
    Thanks and sent!!

Enthusiast
    link to video from yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIXE...hp_Jo2gzKnWKZw

I'll have to play with the setting to see if I can get the brake/throttle and the RPM displays to work. Very happy with video quality and the ease of use. Never had to think about the camera all day. Auto on & auto off. One less thing on your mind when strapping in.
    Nice video but could you mount the camera closer to front windshield? It gives a much better view of track that way. By the way, I have the Racelogic Vbox Lite in my car. Two camera setup with remote display. Works well except I don't like the fact that you have to load the track map for every track. Their database is missing a whole bunch of US tracks and without that you must draw the map using google earth or some such thing. Used to have a system that drew the map automatically on your first lap based on GPS position. That was a nicer way to go.

Enthusiast
    Thanks and sent!!
    Matt, been traveling, will send that information today. What we're going to do is make sure your logger is sending the information to the camera and then set up the camera to match the information sent to it. Should take less than fifteen minutes on your end and that will fix it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by 09viperacr View Post
    Nice video but could you mount the camera closer to front windshield? It gives a much better view of track that way.

By the way, I have the Racelogic Vbox Lite in my car. Two camera setup with remote display. Works well except I don't like the fact that you have to load the track map for every track. Their database is missing a whole bunch of US tracks and without that you must draw the map using google earth or some such thing. Used to have a system that drew the map automatically on your first lap based on GPS position. That was a nicer way to go.
    To each is own. I think from a coaching and self evaluation standpoint, seeing what the driver does with the wheel, where they turn their head and how they actuate the gears is as valuable as where the edges of the track are in relation to the front tires. If folks would mount the cameras that are behind their shoulders at eye height or above, even though it looks like the mirror is in the way, they'll get a LOT more out of the front of the car. I do think Todd's videos are pretty exciting! The sense of speed is spectacular.

The Video VBOX Lite 2-camera is a terrific little system, but when it was introduced in the winter of 2010-2011, it wasn't ready for prime-time. Over the years, Racelogic has introduced better firmware and substantially improved that track database. They have now automated that map and start/finish line coordinates generation for all the Video VBOX Lite, HD and Pro lines.

I have sold over a hundred VVBL units and use them frequently as a redundant system in the cars of clients I coach. I am still one of the largest Video VBOX dealers, but am waiting on their 2-camera HD system due out Q2 or Q3 2015. The side-by-side comparison of up to six laps (I confine myself to two), with the car GPS-position justified so that the video frames are at the same EXACT coordinates, allow me to compare cornering attitudes, slip angles and multi-corner complex geometry to help the driver improve. Plus, you get the ability to compare corners taken on your fast lap to the same corner taken quicker in the same session or different session! Pretty cool!

To fix your issue, you first need to register your VBOX with Racelogic's UK site so you can download the latest firmware for the VVBL (3.077, IIRC) and install the latest software release of Circuit Tools and VBOX Setup. Then, build a scene for your box with the "Auto Track Map" element in the background, load it on the box and you're good to go! NO MORE LOADING TRACKS and, you will get the track outline on the background automatically. The only jam is when there are multiple configurations of the track you're on. In that case, you'll use the Menu on your OLED Dash to "Select Track" and confirm which layout you're using. Often, by the distance traveled, it'll figure it out, but all you need to do is install the latest firmware to the box so it will accept scenes and operation directions built by the latest versions of Circuit Tools and VBOX Setup.

PM me if I can help. The Video VBOX and AiM SmartyCam HD (with a Solo DL or EVO 4) are the two most popular systems I sell, and it's because of ease of use for both...

Now, I have the new, really cool MoTeC releases, for the the hardcore among you...

I don't care what people have, as long as they have SOMETHING. And the AiM and Video VBOX setups are MORE than enough to get faster for a LONG time...

Enthusiast
    Matt, been traveling, will send that information today. What we're going to do is make sure your logger is sending the information to the camera and then set up the camera to match the information sent to it. Should take less than fifteen minutes on your end and that will fix it forever.
    Never got an email Peter.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 09viperacr View Post
    Nice video but could you mount the camera closer to front windshield?
    I did lower the camera a little bit to try and get the rear view mirror out of the way and get a little bit more view out of the windshield.

Enthusiast
    Great driving. 2:09 is nice.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Great driving. 2:09 is nice.
    Within 1 sec. of the lap record which was set on Michelins. We were on used Pirellis.

Enthusiast
    Big thanks to Peter for helping with the configurations tonight. Looks like next video will have a working tach along with some other info that can be pulled out of the ECU via OBD.

If anyone is looking for a camera system this is it. Its so easy to use, you don't even have to touch it all day at the track. Two friends that have seen mine went out and purchased already. Give Peter a call and he will set you up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast