Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FrgMstr View Post
    Use the sheet I just linked above.
    The numbers look interesting with 3.55's and 7000 RPM

I haven't looked in a while, but Unitrax installed my 3.33's when I had the Quaife put in, so I doubt it's not Viper rated. Plus, it's survived for a few years and a lot of miles (street and track) and never missed a beat.
    I haven't looked at the chart yet, but when I just had the gears, I would actually say my top speed increased over stock. Simply because our cars top out in 5th gear stock and can't pull anymore in 6th. With the gears, my speed per gear is lower, but I can keep pulling in 6th.
    With just the gears, I saw an indicated 198mph (I'm sure that's not all that accurate) with a little more to go, but ran out of road. Damn Mexican roads aren't long enough!
    Last edited by TowDawg; 08-12-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J TNT View Post
    Did 3.55's as well as Wavetrac Posi and the car is way better now coming out of the corners at the track
    Jay, glad to hear that you pulled the trigger on this upgrade! Couldn't agree more... : )

Bryan

Fangs
    3.55's plus Paxton here. Lets me reach my driving skill limit very quickly...

355 plus aluminum flywheel. Clutch fells great!!!! Next up superchager or N/A build.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Cowger View Post
    Jay, glad to hear that you pulled the trigger on this upgrade! Couldn't agree more... : )

Bryan
    Thanks Bryan ! Your post was inspirational ! I also did the MCS Suspension upgrade , track alignment and corner balancing . Looking at new wheels ,tires and rotors for next year to shave off some rotating mass , you got me on a roll now......lol !

333 is the most i would ever do. drove one with 355 and did not like it for highway runs
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Quote Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
    what is the mph effect on top speed with 3.55's versus stock.

I went from 3.42's to 4.56's in my 2001 TA. cut the top end from 188 down to 155. But picked up on the 1/4 mile times.
    The Gen 3/4 with a 3.55 rear gear will top out at 185 in 5th gear (bouncing off the rev limiter @ 6,700rpm). But this is just beyond the standing mile, so unless you're running flat out for a reeeeeally long time, most owners will never notice this reduction in top speed. The steeper rear gear puts 15% more torque to the rear wheels in any given gear, and higher round-town engine speeds in any given gear, so the car becomes much livelier at moderate engine speed, feels lighter on it's feet. But you will add a 3-4 upshift in the 1/4 mile, so the quarter time improvement is less noticeable due to lost momentum during the shift. Check out the calculator above - it's easy to use and looks pretty accurate.

My 3.55s went in yesterday. I could tell on the way home that I am REALLY going to like it better as a daily driver!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kirkinsb View Post
    My 3.55s went in yesterday. I could tell on the way home that I am REALLY going to like it better as a daily driver!!!!
    Nice!

I will be installing a set soon. Great mod!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12