Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Back in Another Viper! Atlanta Viper Member Again

Hi Everyone!

I was a member of another forum - but it appears that particular forum has gone by the wayside and this seems to be the place to be. Unfortunately - I'm completely in the dark on why the changes occurred - but wanted to get involved the community again since I just picked up another Viper.

A few years ago - I had a Gen 1 RT/10, originally owned by John Force. Great car, but the rag top and zip up windows just weren't for me.

Fast forward to August, 2014 - I just took delivery of my 1997 GTS. Gen 2's have always been my favorite bodystyle, so I knew I had to have one. It still carries the "rawness" in the interior, which essentially is unchanged (as you guys know) - but with decent A/C and a freakin roof!

Hopefully Tony and Chad from the Atlanta Viper Club are still around. On one of the first days I had my 1st Viper, I was driving to Chattanooga and was actually tracked down by Tony and low and behold, he was the president at the time.

Also - I'm a moderator over at Supraforums and that car in the background is still my 1st (and faster) love. Here's a quick pic:

[/URL]

Enthusiast
    welcome-supra fan here...

Welcome,

Yes things have changed since you were here last. I don't think Chad posts anymore, to bad, maybe he got married.

Join the club, Georgia has 44 members, Scott Tolleson is the president.

Again welcome to the VOA

Enthusiast
    welcome, The iconic GEN II coupe lives on.

Bruce

Enthusiast
    Welcome!

Welcome....Like you,I love the Gen 2 body style.

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Do you want to tell us your real name? Welcome back! I think Chad is in Florida now, maybe working at a Mitsu dealer?

I hope to see you at Road Atlanta...maybe Sebring?

JonB

Enthusiast
    Gotta love them red GTS's, dude. Welcome!!!

Enthusiast
    Welcome.

I like the red on the top part of the door, it's a nice subtle touch. More pics!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    Do you want to tell us your real name? Welcome back! I think Chad is in Florida now, maybe working at a Mitsu dealer?

I hope to see you at Road Atlanta...maybe Sebring?

JonB
    Allen Chen - I think I talked to you on the phone Jon when my birdcage broke in my Gen 1

Welcome back chnco!

Enjoy your GTS!

I too had a Gen I RT/10 for my first Viper! I ditched the zipper windows and got the Northwest engineering windows...
    Fond memories of that car... I remember getting stuck in a rain storm in the Gen I during a club cruise, and had max rain blowing in thru the toupe/windshield area... hitting me in right in the eyes... I probably would have been better off to stow the toupe... BUT God I loved that car... It was so loud and obnoxious, set off car alarms every where I went...

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Girl View Post
    Welcome back chnco!

Enjoy your GTS!

I too had a Gen I RT/10 for my first Viper! I ditched the zipper windows and got the Northwest engineering windows...
    Fond memories of that car... I remember getting stuck in a rain storm in the Gen I during a club cruise, and had max rain blowing in thru the toupe/windshield area... hitting me in right in the eyes... I probably would have been better off to stow the toupe... BUT God I loved that car... It was so loud and obnoxious, set off car alarms every where I went...
    I actually daily drove my RT/10 for a short period of time - what a dumb idea that was while my daily arrived. Been rained on a couple times in the RT/10 - it's all about living the experience.

Another quick pic:

Enthusiast
    Are you sure , Jon, I was under the impression Chad had moved to Florida and was managing a Hooters??

Enthusiast
    Welcome from another "97" owner!

Enthusiast
    Love the step lipped HREs. I will probably own a Gen 2 next...timeless lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Are you sure , Jon, I was under the impression Chad had moved to Florida and was managing a Hooters??
    He was actually at a Hooter's bikini contest one of the first weeks I had my Viper - no idea who the guy was until I saw the pics he posted on the other forum

Enthusiast
    chnco, I see that the 97 GTS has a later front fascia, minus the OE fog lite covers....and NICE HRE545s....

[The red wiper arms probably would not make a top-10 group-buy list here though!}

Now add a Supra, um, er VIPER-related avatar, and you are ROCKING!

If you email me your postal address Ill send you a welcome to VOA doo-dad JonB@PartsRack.com WELCOME

Good eye! Wipers have been fixed as of today, as well as hood speakers!

I'll shoot you my address in a few. Thanks!!

Allen:
    The Georgia Viper Club has a Viper BBQ scheduled for Saturday, August 30 and you are invited. See details on the Georgia section of this VOA forum. Additional details on the Georgia Viper Club can be found on our website: www.theviperclubofga.com. Give me a call or send me an email if you have any questions.
    Jack Winter
    Membership Director
    Georgia Region
    Viper Owners Association
    winterxx@bellsouth.net
    404-355-7102

Welcome,

Can't beat a Gen 2 coupe for looks, enjoy the car!!

Cheers,
    George

Welcome to the club,nice GTS,bought mine a year and a half ago and couldn't be happier with it.How close is your Vin# to mine VV300897?Big event planned for New Orleans 2016,hope to see you there,enjoy your new ride.

Enthusiast
    Welcome, I'm over in Atlanta also. Have lots of friends with the older MK3 supra's, so know them well too.

Enthusiast
    Woo Hoo, Another Fast Red GTS owner on the new site

Just Love mine

WELCOME.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by chnco View Post
    Good eye! Wipers have been fixed as of today, as well as hood speakers!

I'll shoot you my address in a few. Thanks!!
    Keep an eye on yur postal mailbox.....

Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    Keep an eye on yur postal mailbox.....
    2 or 3 dozen long stem roses???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast