Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Viper Tony's Win

Is he on here? Anyone know his reaction? Is it premature for him to write a review of the car?

Yes

Speechless

He can't get it for a few more days, so yes

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

He was truly speechless. He paused. Then after he reacted and everyone went nuts - you could see him get a little overwhelmed. then we called him up on strange and had some fun. Truly a cool moment. Congrats to Tony! Crazy stuff.

Enthusiast
    There's two videos of it from some members at my table. Chrissy tells me she's got "Oh shit!" on the video. I'll try to get them posted here tomorrow. Yes, I was and still am overwhelmed. I just got home from Detroit. I left there at 12:30pm and got back in CT about midnight. I'm exhausted. Before I crash to bed for the night I wanted to login here and say a few things to you awesome people! I was a little emotional (go figure ) when I won. I had to pause a few times while making my way to the podium. The surprise of winning the Viper was overwhelming for certain but that didn't make me speechless.....

What made me pause was the people. All of you especially those of you who came up to me (I think every single attendee congratulated me last night including the wait staff dish washers, everyone!) and told me how happy you were for me. The hugs, the handshakes, etc. you were all sincere and you meant it. And I could see it in your eyes, I heard it in your voices it was genuine. And that's a moment I will cherish forever and I will never forget it. I don't want to sound like one of Plums' desperate dates but I love you guys and girls! Thank you for making this happen. As I said last night, none of this would've been possible if you all didn't support this club and each other.

On the GenV review for Policy .....earlier on Sunday, we took the GenV for a test drive. SRT provided 5 GenV GTS's including 2 or 3 TA's. Even though the course was short I was beside myself on just how well the brakes, steering, clutch, pretty much everything on the GenV has evolved. At that point I wanted one. So, yes I'm a fan of he GenV even before I won it. But until I get the GenV in my hands and can take it to the proving ground of nearby Mexico I'll hold off a formal review.

I hope to have it delivered this weekend!

Congrats, and very well said.

LMAO.. very cool
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Enthusiast
    Priceless.......and at the auto cross course that morning, you were telling us all how you have been to so many of these things and that you just never win anything big or small. As it took you a while to shout it out and run up there, we thought they were picking you up off the floor or something. Congratulations!

Congrats, that's a helluva doorprize!

Congrats Tony! Since it's not yellow and will clash in the garage with your bumble bee, I'll keep it here for you in my garage free of charge! You know, cause I'm a nice guy and all

No Claybar is to be used on finish.
    Janni called me a smartass.......I feel honored and humbled.......

Ron Wasserman, Jerome Sparich, Normand Chouinard, Paul Mumford, Chase the wind, feel the turn,

Thanks for the reply. Good luck & congratulations.

Enthusiast
    Congrats on winning the car! Very happy for you and can't wait to see pics of it on here and then see it in person when you take it to an event in our area!!! Makes me happy when good things happen to good people.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moundir View Post
    Congrats Tony! Since it's not yellow and will clash in the garage with your bumble bee, I'll keep it here for you in my garage free of charge! You know, cause I'm a nice guy and all
    That's a generous offer but knowing you, well, you'd fart in it and ruin it for me so I'll keep it home.

Congrats on the win. Very exciting.

I've never met you but watching you win I can tell you are a genuine guy who cares a lot for the club and the members. If it wasn't me winning I'm glad it was you. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post
    Congrats on the win. Very exciting.
    Where were you????? wanted to meet and put a face with a (screen) name...

Quote Originally Posted by Janni View Post
    I was all over. The whole weekend went by so very fast. It seemed like there was always something to do, and when I wasn't doing something I just wanted sleep. Ha.
    I am sure many including your self felt the same.
    Last edited by ACRucrazy; 07-22-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    That's a generous offer but knowing you, well, you'd fart in it and ruin it for me so I'll keep it home.
    Farting in someone's LE is grounds for an ass whuppin. I could love you like a brother but there are certain lines you don't cross! You grab my girl I might slap ya but you fart in my LE you are gonna need a dentist, ASAP!

Congrats on the win. I believe you that everyone was genuine in their congratulations. It's yet another example of how this club is so different to other clubs, car or otherwise. So enjoy it. Drive it safely and in good health keep sharing that joy with others that you come in contact with. If I get to meet you in person I will shake your hand but for now please accept my most sincere congratulations and I hope to see you out there on the roads.

Why didn't you come say hi?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Why didn't you come say hi?
    I was at Merchandise and working most of the event. Probably easier for folks to track me down. LOL I think I lost 5 pounds on the "vacation"....

Probably easier for folks to track me down.
    Sounds like an easy way to get pepper sprayed

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Sounds like an easy way to get pepper sprayed
    LMAO. The pepper spray was almost needed to keep people away from the merchandise table so Janni could set it up. LOL. This is why I don't go shopping with my wife. Watching everyone pick through the VOA thongs reminded me of why I just don't go shopping anymore. And Janni thank you and your helpers for that....I thought the merchandise was well done. Obviously, people were excited over the merchandise. It was feeding frenzy. Well done!

Enthusiast
    Congrats bud,

Bruce

I touched that car.
    It's now worth more.

Enthusiast
    Congratulations on your win. Do you plan on leaving the decals on the doors?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast