Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post
    I touched that car.
    It's now worth more.
    So those were your fingerprints!

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghRT View Post
    Congratulations on your win. Do you plan on leaving the decals on the doors?
    For now yes and there are even more decals for the car that the team didn't put on since they're weren't certain if the winner would like them. I'll definitely leave the decals on and probably install all of the decals to keep it in the spirit of this club, the event and all the work various people put into everything. Baz from the UK already installed a UK region decal on it. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    I didn't say I used my fingers.

Enthusiast
    LMAO, after all the ribbing I gave you in the classified thread I suppose I deserve that. LOL.

Congratulations to my new friend Viper Tony, I am very happy that you are a new Gen.V owner, we'll deserved for all your hard work, along with all who put this new club together. I had a great time in Detroit, and met so many fantastic Viper owners from all over the Country, as well as Canada. Can't wait until 2016, I will be there.

Enthusiast
    Sent you a PM if you got time can you open it

Enthusiast
    LMAO, after all the ribbing I gave you in the classified thread I suppose I deserve that. LOL.
    Sorry the above was for ViperTony forgot the quotes

Enthusiast
    Heath @ Golling is a pleasure to work with. I wouldn't hesitate buying a vehicle from him/Golling. He's been taking great car of the Viper. Here's a shot of Heath and I next to my new Viper Monday morning. It should be delivered by Passport Transport by 8/5 or sooner. The wait is making me nuts. LOL.

golling.jpg

And here are my mistresses together.

WP_20140721_002.jpg

Enthusiast
    Great pics, So now we get to see what you look like too Once again Congratulations,

In that last pic the RT looks a little small!

Enthusiast
    Awesome!

Mr. Golling owned our local CJDR here in Dayton. When I was President of the VCA Ohio Region, they were our first dealership sponsor. I asked them to be a sponsor of the Ohio club and they signed right up. They did some very nice things for us over the years. Mr. Golling is a hands on guy and traveled from his main dealership in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan to Dayton once a week to check in on the Dayton dealership. This last year he sold the Dayton dealership to Evans Motors. When I was searching for a door prize car and saw the launch edition on their Bloomfield Hills website, it was all over. I knew they would help the club and give us a good deal.

The picture below makes it all worth it.

A guy and his Viper, it's a beautiful thing............................................. .

Last edited by daytonprowler; 07-23-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Enthusiast
    Congrats on winning Tony! Enjoy it!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Tony, congrats. Very well earned. It was a rush awaiting the ticket to get drawn and watching you win - I can only imagine the shock of winning.

Use it in good health!

Enthusiast
    What a great evening. What a great win!

Was it nice to have 478 fellow envious VOA enthusiast ticket holders watch you capture the dream door prize?

Could you feel us all look around the room for the lucky sucker who had ticket number 22?

What would you estimate your pulse rate to be as you realized it was you and rose from your seat with all eyes on you?!

Had you already run through your mind what you would say if you were actually the lucky winner? Is that anything near what you said?

Please PLEASE share with us that conversation with your wife when you told her you had actually won!

All those door prizes you never won before or will since, well, this is why. You saved up that luck for just the right moment.

God bless you. Everyone loves a winner!

AND YOU ARE IT!!!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by esqeddy View Post
    What a great evening. What a great win!

Was it nice to have 478 fellow envious VOA enthusiast ticket holders watch you capture the dream door prize?
    Absolutely and that's what made it emotional for me and I tried my best to contain my tears. *sniff* *sniff* Having just spent a weekend to getting to some of you and the friendships we made certainly had an impact.

Could you feel us all look around the room for the lucky sucker who had ticket number 22?
    Yes. I remember looking at my ticket when the number was announced. I looked up at the faces at my table and they were filled with disappointment. I looked around the room and saw more of the same. Then I heard the shouts of disappointment around the room. And it got a little quite and I saw people scanning the room for the winner. At that point I knew I had won but couldn't get up for some reason....my brain and feet seemed disconnected for a second but seemed like minutes to me.

What would you estimate your pulse rate to be as you realized it was you and rose from your seat with all eyes on you?!
    My pulse was at redline!

Had you already run through your mind what you would say if you were actually the lucky winner? Is that anything near what you said?
    Nope. Not once did I ever think to myself that I would win. Up until then, I never won anything like this. I was unprepared for a speech to say the least.

In fact, I looked like crap. I remember getting changed for dinner and I didn't shave, shower or dress up. I figured I wasn't going to win anyway and was looking forward to a nice dinner followed by a lot of sleep. When I won I said to myself, great now I look like crap in front of everyone, LOL.

Please PLEASE share with us that conversation with your wife when you told her you had actually won!
    So, at the podium I called home but nobody answered. I made about 10 calls home before my wife picked up the phone. Here's how it went:

Me: Honey, guess what? I won the Viper!!!
    Wife: [laughs] No you didn't.
    Me: Yes, I did. I'm being serious!
    Wife: [laughs] No you didn't.
    Me: Honey, I'm telling you I won the damn Viper!!!!
    Wife: [laughs some more] OK. Sure.
    Me: Honey, this is not a joke. I'm dead serious. I won the Viper and the audience want to hear you on the phone.
    Wife: Was this your idea or did Adrian put you up to this one?
    Me: I'm telling you the truth. Go check out Facebook I think they posted the news there.
    Wife: You're so full of ****, I don't believe you.
    Me: OK. I'll have some people call you.
    Wife: Good luck with that. You're too funny.

For the next hour, some of my friends called her to explain that I indeed won. It wasn't until Adrian called her and told her the details. At that point, she started to believe but wasn't convinced. Funny that she believes Adrian more than she believes me, LOL.

Then she saw the news on Facebook and she realized that maybe just this once I wasn't pulling one over on her.

I caller her back and by that time many of you were around me, shouting into the phone that I won and I think she finally got it. LOL.

Her next reaction was "You really are serious?!? Holy s****!". This was around midnight. It took almost two hours to convince her we won the Viper. LOL.

Then we were on the phone for another hour figuring out the taxes, transportation, how to tell the kids, friends, neighbors....what vanity plate to get....how the heck were we going to pay taxes on the thing, LOL. All sorts of thoughts running through our minds.

She then said "I'm still skeptical. I won't believe it until my foot is on the gas pedal."

At that point I realized that my new Viper just became her new Viper.

It was 12:30am, I went back to my hotel room but couldn't sleep. I went back to the lounge in the lobby and hung out with Pemberton and a few others until 3am. Ralph was there. And his words to me were "Congratulations! Now, make certain you drive that Viper. Look at me...don't put it in your garage under a cover, drive it! It's meant to be driven. Drive the **** out of it!" I will oblige.

All those door prizes you never won before or will since, well, this is why. You saved up that luck for just the right moment. God bless you. Everyone loves a winner!
    AND YOU ARE IT!!!!
    Thank you my friend.

P.S. Now my wife is trying to find matching Blue/White curtains for the garage windows. LOL. I created a monster!
    Last edited by ViperTony; 07-25-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Enthusiast
    Awesome story Tony. Was nice to meet you last weekend. Congrats again and enjoy the car!!!!

Heath @ Golling is a pleasure to work with. I wouldn't hesitate buying a vehicle from him/Golling. He's been taking great car of the Viper. Here's a shot of Heath and I next to my new Viper Monday morning. It should be delivered by Passport Transport by 8/5 or sooner. The wait is making me nuts. LOL.

golling.jpg

And here are my mistresses together.

WP_20140721_002.jpg

HUGE CONGATULATIONS Tony..... You said at the beginning you had the winning ticket and you did!!!!!!

Sitting opposite you I saw your face and reaction and it was PRICELESS!!!!! Genuinely happy for you Tony ENOY IT!!!!! Great week end had a great laugh...

Cool decals on booth cars LOL.....
    Last edited by VIPER BAZ UK; 07-28-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Enthusiast
    I wanted to let everyone know that the Viper was delivered last night. I was expecting on Sunday so I was pleasantly surprised to get the call from Passport that the Viper was nearby yesterday. I'll have some pics posted up soon but it was great to see the kids in the neighborhood come out and get so excited about the Viper. After we unloaded it I let them have turns sitting inside it. It made their day and it's something that I hope inspires them as they journey through life.

I gave it a wash and shine today. Rick (driver from passport) did a great job in taking care of it and keeping me apprised of the delivery schedule.

I've been competing with my wife in trying to take it out for a spin. We have to break her in and so far that doesn't seem to be a problem today, LOL.

I'll post some pics as time allows.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Wow. I can't imagine the feeling. So lucky. Congrats T!

Enthusiast
    Great story about your wife's reaction Tony!! Congrats again, as if I didn't tell you enough times Sunday night,ha,ha!

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Id be delighted to send you 2 of the Grand-Prix of SEBRING 2014 decals that all NARRA cars (and the Pace Car) will be wearing. Has a Viper silhouette on the top....

For now yes and there are even more decals for the car that the team didn't put on since they're weren't certain if the winner would like them. I'll definitely leave the decals on and probably install all of the decals to keep it in the spirit of this club, the event and all the work various people put into everything. Baz from the UK already installed a UK region decal on it. LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12