Enthusiast

Monee Half Mile videos

These are some half mile videos taken at Monee Il. this past June...

As the data shows, I've got a few traction/traction control issues to work out before I can turn up the car.
    This year I was running a 26.5" tall Hoosier R6 rear tire. I will be going back to a taller DR next time to avoid banging the rev limiter in 5th gear (1st pass)

All things considered and despite the rain on Saturday, it was a good weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMlrXmgCXGY

Enthusiast
    It's always good to see you at the wannagofast events. It's a bummer that the owner sold the airport and the city doesn't want us back. Hopefully we will find something in the Midwest for next year.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TooBlue View Post
    These are some half mile videos taken at Monee Il. this past June...

As the data shows, I've got a few traction/traction control issues to work out before I can turn up the car.
    This year I was running a 26.5" tall Hoosier R6 rear tire. I will be going back to a taller DR next time to avoid banging the rev limiter in 5th gear (1st pass)

All things considered and despite the rain on Saturday, it was a good weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMlrXmgCXGY
    nice! looks like fun.

Very nice. With your existing power I'd guess you'd be pretty close to 200 mph with a sequential shifter!!

Enthusiast
    Man...when the boost really comes on in 4th gear, watch out!

Oh, and something that might help...when I go to do the 3-4 or 5-6 upshift, I turn my hand upside down (thumb facing down). With your hand like that and pulling back, it tends to push your arm away from your body instead of pulling it toward you...might help in situations like where you hit 4th instead of 6th.
    Last edited by Steve M; 07-22-2014 at 07:43 PM.

I went wannagofast did an outstanding job ! Very well run event!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjakris View Post
    It's always good to see you at the wannagofast events. It's a bummer that the owner sold the airport and the city doesn't want us back. Hopefully we will find something in the Midwest for next year.
    Thanks NINJAKRIS. It was good to see you and the WGF people again.
    That is a bummer about the sale of Bult field. I hope you find another place to hold events in the midwest. Monee was fairly close to me not to mention a good time...!
    I had another commitment or I would be going to your Atlanta event.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackAire View Post
    Very nice. With your existing power I'd guess you'd be pretty close to 200 mph with a sequential shifter!!
    I hope to find out next year. I don't have a sequential but I do have a Rossler TH400 with a Gear Vendor overdrive, 4000 stall and trans. brake going in this winter...
    It will make a big difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    Man...when the boost really comes on in 4th gear, watch out!

Oh, and something that might help...when I go to do the 3-4 or 5-6 upshift, I turn my hand upside down (thumb facing down). With your hand like that and pulling back, it tends to push your arm away from your body instead of pulling it toward you...might help in situations like where you hit 4th instead of 6th.
    That is very good advice. A couple guys I track with shift with their hand positioned like that.
    Old habits are hard to break. I usually don't have a problem.

Great video and great runs. That 200mph milestone looks very achievable. Good luck.

Enthusiast
    Here's the official video from wannagofast. The film crew we have does an amazing job. It really gives you an idea of what the events are like and the caliber of cars that show up. It's a LOT of work to put on these events and some really long days, but it's always worth it. When I know the schedule for next year, I'll make a post in the general section.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8CUPFtvanN8