Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $59,000!?!?!?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    They made and paid for TV time for Lexus LFA commercials even though the scant 300 of those were bought and paid for before they ever sniffed a dealership. It isn't always about selling the car in the commercial. Why does Pepsi or regular coca cola advertise. I am not talking about new soda products they make, but the same damn coca cola (well, they took out the Bolivian marching powder) we have had for 100 years? Cause if they stopped, after a while you would just kinda start to forget about em. Most people would see it in the store and say, "that's weird, I thought they quit making that or somethin." As they reached for a competing a product. Sometimes it's just about reminding the public you are there.

The aventador commercial probably doesn't sell too many directly. But it makes people excited about it and take a picture of one when they see it, etc, and that sells the car to the current Murcialago owner. IMO
    More interesting is Rosetta Stone. They barely sell anything from their mall kiosks and kiosks in airports. But, why do they have such a presence?

Because, they know, when you decide "Hey I need to learn Spanish, I saw Rosetta Stone everywhere - probably the best solution"

Enthusiast
    Exactly it, ViperSmith. At a certain point advertising is about reptilian conditioning if anything else.

1/2 of all advertising is wasted! The trick is knowing which 1/2!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12