Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $59,000!?!?!?

$59,000!?!?!?

Enthusiast
    that is a bargain for the performance you get.

Way to go Dodge, now lets focus on getting the Viper back to the Halo car again.

Bruce

^^ what he said. " Its MY horsepower and I need it NOW!"

LOL. But really :'(

Enthusiast
    Why is this in the Gen V forum?

Good question. Mods feel free to move to general.

Enthusiast
    Lol...same "scenario" on other forum...I asked why there as well...
    Last edited by Crotalidae; 07-16-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Enthusiast
    this car is all over the corvette forum...

Enthusiast
    Good luck trying to buy one without significant dealer markup.....I predict they will net out in the 80-90 range

Enthusiast
    Dodge is positioning this to compete with Corvette lol. Interesting strategy at this price point.

The last GT500 started at 56,000 so I don't think it's positioned at the corvette per say but probably at the new GT350.

Either way incredible value, dodge hit a home run with the hellcat

Enthusiast
    59,995 , plus shipping , plus gaz guzzler, with an automatic = around 65K . Now add in the Laguna interior , a sunroof, NAV, an upgraded stereo and there will be plenty around 70K. We are still waiting to see if there will be striping as an option, and two/three choices on rims?

Good to hit the public with the under 60K pricing, but when all is said and done most will be in the upper 60s range I would imagine.

You have to love how Dodge didn't just jump into the competition with the ZL1 and GT500, they high jumped over it!

Way to go Team SRT!!!

Enthusiast
    How is this Viper related? Its funny how the mods are quick to delete someones post for calling them a name, but this forum is LITTERED with threads that are posted too many times in the WRONG section of the forums. This needs to be moved to the Garage. And people need to start paying attention to other threads because this has been beat to death.

On my facebook I made the observation that with a starting* price of 59, SRT is looking to dethrone ALL of the upcoming/outgoing ponycars, and likely with all options and a track tuned suspension, KO the Z28 (which is an amazing engineering accomplishment and department from the muscle cars of old seeoint and swerve) all in "one" car. whatever amped-up/refreshed version of the TA viper (if/when) will be aiming for the Z06 and everything in that category. Our list of complaints isn't very long on the Gen V... more power, if not, then unlocked PCMs, some better quality control, and lower the pricepoint a smidge. Things like gearing can be addressed by the individual (though I think they could make a killing with more options like 373's from the factory). In the world of 100k+ boutique supercars, the options list has always been a cash cow. They hit the nail on the head when they released the CF interior package, and I dont think there is an owner out there that doesnt like the CF X-brace. CCB's aren't necessary and would be too expensive for the (whatever the GTS package will be called now) but would be nice for people who want to really trick out their TA's. Anyway, I definitely think they hit the price point mark to make the hellcat assembly line stay backlogged for years to come, so long as they avoid the total clusterfuck that was letting dealerships option out and order a ton of low-feature Vipers. You've built it, the people will come.

TL;DR:
    Selling points for Hellcat:
    1. Don't let dealerships option out more than one hellcat as a test-driver/promo car
    2. Make dealerships let buyers test drive the car

Revival of the Viper based on common complaints:
    1. Mopar kit for more HP than Hellcat -OR- unlock PCMs w/o VOIDING warranty
    2. No more than one test drive car to be optioned by the dealership (unless something happens to it)
    3. Tougher quality control & better communication

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    How is this Viper related? Its funny how the mods are quick to delete someones post for calling them a name, but this forum is LITTERED with threads that are posted too many times in the WRONG section of the forums. This needs to be moved to the Garage. And people need to start paying attention to other threads because this has been beat to death.
    My thought process when I posted this was musing over whether or not/how this would impact the Gen 5 Viper. But, I can see where it doesn't specifically directly relate, so I asked the mods to move it if they felt it necessary.

moved to general.

thanks,
    Phil
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Quote Originally Posted by dodgestang View Post
    Good luck trying to buy one without significant dealer markup.....I predict they will net out in the 80-90 range
    That worked out so well for them on the gen V (rolls eyes)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    That worked out so well for them on the gen V (rolls eyes)
    It probably would've worked if they had made half an attempt to market the car at all. But the Challenger is plastered everywhere, exactly like it should be. Everyone and their dog already knows about this Hellcat, so dealer price gouging will probably work just fine on this car as it did on the 08 Challengers when they first came out.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitemamba View Post
    You have to love how Dodge didn't just jump into the competition with the ZL1 and GT500, they high jumped over it!

Way to go Team SRT!!!
    +1...agreed!

Is it just me or is the Hellcat getting a lot more press vs the GenV media release?

Though it will be a great car; Ford can answer and likely will, with a full 725hp or so.

I love my Viper.

But im also a diehard Mustang guy. The current 5.0 makes stupid power without issue and the direct injection bosses are already cast into the heads. If they go 'ecoboost' with DI and twin turbos on the 5.0 just stand back...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
    Is it just me or is the Hellcat getting a lot more press vs the GenV media release?

Though it will be a great car; Ford can answer and likely will, with a full 725hp or so.

I love my Viper.

But im also a diehard Mustang guy. The current 5.0 makes stupid power without issue and the direct injection bosses are already cast into the heads. If they go 'ecoboost' with DI and twin turbos on the 5.0 just stand back...
    Ain't no way that Ford will build a TT 5L mill and put it into a Mustang. I'd like them to build it, but the platform just isn't good enough for the cost outlay. What would make more sense is to bring a new and improved Ford GT back with a motor like that.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post

I love my Viper.

Because it is Dodge advertising, not SRT.

Right. And it's worth the coin to market a mass produced pony car. Ever see a Lamborghini commercial? Me neither.

I have...

...just sayin

Enthusiast
    They made and paid for TV time for Lexus LFA commercials even though the scant 300 of those were bought and paid for before they ever sniffed a dealership. It isn't always about selling the car in the commercial. Why does Pepsi or regular coca cola advertise. I am not talking about new soda products they make, but the same damn coca cola (well, they took out the Bolivian marching powder) we have had for 100 years? Cause if they stopped, after a while you would just kinda start to forget about em. Most people would see it in the store and say, "that's weird, I thought they quit making that or somethin." As they reached for a competing a product. Sometimes it's just about reminding the public you are there.

The aventador commercial probably doesn't sell too many directly. But it makes people excited about it and take a picture of one when they see it, etc, and that sells the car to the current Murcialago owner. IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast