GEN1 N/A Dyno Results (again!)

So as in my previous post - I worked with the Wizard Chuck Tator to refresh my 1994 for her 20 year anniversary and he had Powerplant Motorsports up in Poughkeepsie, New York do perform my tune on the heartbreaker Mustang which netted me: 469.2RWHP/514.2TQ WCF: 484RWHP 530TQ. Was very happy with the results. One day the car seemed slower and I hooked up the VEC to see the tune and it was stock. WTF? No worries; so I pop in the performance tune card, start her up and the VEC flashes the red LED. Can't read the card! So I call Chuck and he contacts Gjon at PowerPlant. Gjon contacts me and offers me a retune since the card is acting up. Hell Yeah! Can't pass up the opp to be there during the tune and to ask questions. So I schedule a day, pack the spare tire/jack/road kit and now I am going to New York, New York! 5 hrs later past 10 New York Statie speed traps, I make it Finally!

So I meet Gjon and set up the car on the heartbreaker. So of course I check out the cars around; a couple of classics on the lifts, a couple of vipers/SRT Truck and modified mustangs, and a bad azz FGT in the center bay (DAMN!). Ok, OK so the quality of cars are legit. Let's see the dyno process. Now I have been involved with multiple cars of mine being dyno tuned (Supercharged SC400, Twin Turbo Lexus GS400, Supercharged Camry aka "supersleeper") so I kinda know the process, but Gjon really explained the process to me particularly the mustang dyno process; he asked my goal (SAFE tune - mild aggressive) and we went at it.

Now I didn't realize how LOUD my car is nor the amount of heat that comes out of the exhaust pipes but I know now. We did about 7-8 pulls while he leveled out the tune and figured out I have a restriction in the airflow (probably the stock TBs). Showed me why he thought there was a restriction in the logs. VERY PROFESSIONAL! I talked about possibly getting a SC but with Roe on pause with that; I didn't think I had any options. He showed me graphs on cars with Paxtons vs Roe; and compared similiar setups with mine and where some performance can be gotten with some additional add ons (maybe Gen2 TBs/Injectors). New numbers: 464.9RWHP/522.5TQ WCF: 477.5RWHP/536.5 Power is coming in almost 65 less RPM then the original dyno. Hooked up the laptop and took it for a road test. No issues! Plenty of power!(for now!) He saved the tune to my laptop and burned another card (tested mulitple times). So I am good.
    I definitely recommend this shop for your tuning needs based on my experience and will be using them for my future projects. He was right..the itch for more power is starting!!! I will post the dyno video as soon as I figure it out!

Current mods include:
    9.3:1 Compression
    Comp Cam
    Port/Polish Heads
    Belanger Headers
    3" Roe Racing Exhaust
    Cat Delete
    AB Plug Wires
    180 Degree Thermo
    K&N Filters
    Smooth Tubes
    Gen1 Injectors (cleaned/serviced)
    Harland 1.7 RR
    VEC2 - Converted to VEC3

Thanks to Gjon@Powerplant

Lee
    Last edited by Lexciting; 07-09-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Enthusiast
    Very nice numbers. I especially like the fire coming out of the pipes.

Enthusiast
    Sweet

Enthusiast
    Very nice!!!

Great numbers,like the flames-They would cook a hot dog real fast!!

My Mustang Dyno Run! (Watch the end!)

Enthusiast
    Hey Lee it was great having you at the shop and glad we could getting your car running they way it should again. I appreciate the kinds words for the shop and me. Im glad you enjoyed the dyno/tuning process. Anything I can do to help in the future let me know. Great video by the way!