Enthusiast

Gen 4 on Nitrous?

I have the 1st set of throttle body plates shipped. Jms controller, NX solenoids, NX tank, and lines. Plates also fit gen 5 as they use the same throttle body's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    Nice...tried it yet?

That could be fun!
    Or really expensive... LOL.
    Crosses fingers!

Enthusiast
    Starting off gentle, a 100 shot should be pretty easy. Final parts for this will be here in a few days.

Enthusiast
    MOPAR PCM?

I was talking to some of the guys at True Street Motorsports that have had some experience with those, they say it is a bit hit and miss.

Enthusiast
    I do have the mopar pcm, I may run it on the stick one first. I understand the mopar one adds a bit of timing and I don't want to do that. I may have figured out how to pull timing a few degrees at the flip of a switch for either the mopar or stock ecu. I will need your guys help for it. Hell, 15 minutes with a Chrysler engineer and I could do this. I just need info. I need the pcm info for timing retard/advance from the AIT. Also need details on the AIT. I think the AIT is based off resistance, When temp increases does it increase or decrease in resistance. I see 3 wires coming off the sensor. Does anyone know how it works. The plan is to fool it into thinking the engine is got a higher temp than it actually is by a few degrees. As we know that will pull some timing. Wouldn't be hard to rig up a switch with a online resistor and mount in the center console.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Getnlwr View Post
    I do have the mopar pcm, I may run it on the stick one first. I understand the mopar one adds a bit of timing and I don't want to do that. I may have figured out how to pull timing a few degrees at the flip of a switch for either the mopar or stock ecu. I will need your guys help for it. Hell, 15 minutes with a Chrysler engineer and I could do this. I just need info. I need the pcm info for timing retard/advance from the AIT. Also need details on the AIT. I think the AIT is based off resistance, When temp increases does it increase or decrease in resistance. I see 3 wires coming off the sensor. Does anyone know how it works. The plan is to fool it into thinking the engine is got a higher temp than it actually is by a few degrees. As we know that will pull some timing. Wouldn't be hard to rig up a switch with a online resistor and mount in the center console.
    You'll probably want to get in touch with someone who has used the Gen 4 tuning software beta from HPtuners to confirm the scaling on the timing retard. It could be a flat 4 degrees pulled or it could be progressive with much more. I'm definitely interested in your results though!

Enthusiast
    I think that a few people here will have the info. Someone sent me the info from the mopar performance ecu a while ago. I am leaning towards the hp tuner software so I can lower the coolant temp as well. A 170tstat sounds nice. I had one in my srt10 ram and liked it.
    Anyone have a 2 step colder spark plug reccomendation?

Enthusiast
    Dumb question, where is the damned AIT sensor? The sensor I thought it was appears to be the manifold pressure sensor.

MAP is in the back of the manifold, AIT is in the intake tubes before the TBs.

Enthusiast
    This is second hand info but I've heard that it is incorporated into the MAF. Can anyone confirm?

id dyno tune it before i touched anything to do with timing. start very slow and work up.
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Enthusiast
    If the intake air temp reads high you will pull timing and FUEL. Warm air is less dense.

Enthusiast
    Added fuel from nitrous should take care of that. As I understand it these run rich anyway.

Enthusiast
    Recommendations on colder plugs anyone?