10 Industry Street
    Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
    845 590 1294

Viper Dyno/tech session

DATE: Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013

PLACE: PowerPlant MotorSports

845 590 1294
    http://powerplantmotorsports.com/

TIME: 9:00 am at the Mobil station on the Hutch in White Plains or you can just meet everyone at PowerPlant MotorSports

Leaving at 9:15

John, the owner of PowerPlant has agreed to host a dyno session at his shop. He will pick 3 Vipers from our group to dyno. He will also discuss HP vs. torque between different brands of superchargers.

John is well known for diagnosing performance problems and correcting them as well. Lunch will be served around noon.

Please join us for an educational view on Viper performance.

Please RSVP for head count to Jaoneto@Yahoo.com.

Enthusiast
    I'm in, hope this is still on, see you all in the morning

Andrew, it is on but I have to work tomorrow and can't make it……Take video of your car on the dyno and welcome to the VOA

Enthusiast
    Meet you there ,

AC

Enthusiast
    GREAT TIME !! My one and only event for 2013 started and ended on a high note. Thanks to Gjon @ Powerplant Motorsports. My paperwork is still in the car, but enough to say that my 13 year old Viper with 27K miles is a beast, with and without Nitrous. Really a shame that more guys didn't come out for this event, but then again maybe just as well because it takes a good 30 min to get each car on and off by the time they are strapped down and the test is run, so more guys and it would have gone too late.

Joe, I think you set this up ?? GREAT JOB !! I really hope this new club, forum, whatever you want to call it is run with FUN in mind, and not all the baloney that existed with the VCA. When it gets all complicated and law driven and rule infested, thats when the fun goes out the window.

Thanks again, thats about it for me this year, car will be cleaned and up on jacks, on the lift, under the cover till the spring except maybe for the occasional start up. Holidays are around the corner and so is the snow. See you all in the spring.

Andrew

Enthusiast
    By the way Ed, please send the video to Andrew5c@optonline.net. I am anxious to get another look at it and get it on the Facebook page.

Andrew

Enthusiast
    You're welcome Andrew, it was my pleasure to set it up for the guys. It was fun and educational as well. John was able to detect who was running too lean and who was dumping too much fuel (running rich) at the high end. He even called Sean Roe to fine tune a value.
    He works a lot with Roe since he also installs his supercharger.

John is a great asset to the Viper community. I spoke to a few guys who said their car runs so much better after he tuned it. He balances everything out. We have another event scheduled at POWERPLANT with John in the Spring.

Video might take a few days as things get busy fast, but for the time being here's a SLIDESHOW of pics

Ed, great pictures and Andrew nice pic of the tanks

Great pics as always Ed...can someone post up the results of your pulls? Also, love that king snake, those things are beasts!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by POIZENUS View Post
    You're welcome Andrew, it was my pleasure to set it up for the guys. It was fun and educational as well. John was able to detect who was running too lean and who was dumping too much fuel (running rich) at the high end. He even called Sean Roe to fine tune a value.
    He works a lot with Roe since he also installs his supercharger.

John is a great asset to the Viper community. I spoke to a few guys who said their car runs so much better after he tuned it. He balances everything out. We have another event scheduled at POWERPLANT with John in the Spring.
    Joe, so was the tuning done with SCT? Did John use any kind of datalogging software to identify what the STFT-LTFT trims were and fine-tune on that detailed level or did he simply go by AFR readings at the tailpipe? I'm going to call him this week and see what he can do. Glad to see everyone was happy with him. We desperately need a competent and credible tuner in our region.

Enthusiast
    John has a very sophisticated device that gave him live datalogging readings. We all got a print out of HP vs. torque for our cars for a baseline. He also noted any problems we had that would cause performance issues. Most of us are going back for the tune. Tony, better to speak with John about the STFT-LTFT trims.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by POIZENUS View Post
    John has a very sophisticated device that gave him live datalogging readings. We all got a print out of HP vs. torque for our cars for a baseline. He also noted any problems we had that would cause performance issues. Most of us are going back for the tune. Tony, better to speak with John about the STFT-LTFT trims.
    Thanks Joe. I'm calling him this week! - tony

Enthusiast
    Hey guys wanted to come on the forum and thank every one that came out for the dyno day. Its was great meeting you guys and hope to meet more members in future events. Had a fun time my self and love to dyno these cars! Thanks to Joe for setting this up and taking the time to do so. And thanks to Ed for the great pictures and video to come. And thanks to Steve for bringing out food even though he couldn't stay. Any question please feel free to email me with anything you need. Hope to do this again.

Enthusiast
    Just emailed you John, thanks !!

Andrew