Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 650 arrived

650 arrived

Traded my 12C for the new 650. It arrived today from dealer in Philly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful. I think I mentioned in your other thread that I live only a couple miles away from your dealer in West Chester. He brought one to our cars and coffee a couple weeks ago, and it is stunning in person.

Congrats.

Enthusiast
    Wow, very nice, and great color!

Enthusiast
    Awesome!! Congrats!!

I love the color!

Enthusiast
    Stunning color, congrats!

Enthusiast
    Had my good buddies orange one last week. It was on the first shipment over. It is SOOOOO much better than a 12C.

Enthusiast
    Cool car! I look forward to your overall impression. I think the 12c is better looking though.

OMG!!! That is perfect! It makes the 12C look so dated! And the performance updates transcend the aesthetic ones!

Congratulations! Absolutely love the color!

Put me in your will already!

Roy Cats got one same color & was ranting & raving about how great it was.

Definitely one of the hottest new supercars out right now.

Great car Drummer !!

I think that the 650S will be my next acquisition. They have a pearl orange spyder at The Collection here in Miami.

Wifey seems to likey!!!

image.jpg

It's like a combo of a 12c & P1! Drop the top on the fly feature is awesome. It was a pain having to stop in my Lamborghini to put the top down.

I hear they loosened up the feel of the paddles for easier shifting; is this the case? When I test drove the 12C a few years back I felt the paddles were to firm to pull, esp in comparison to my then e gear.

Enthusiast
    Saw your post on Mclaren Life - such a great car. The one in Tyson's is beautiful.

Hope this one holds value better than the 12C

I've had the 650s v. Huracan debate today on Facebook. It's a really close call. Ultimately the MA Lambo dealer is closer than my CT McLaren dealer so easier service with the former , the baby bull is about 15% less cost, and I like the idea of German engineering. Plus the V10 in the bull is still naturally aspirated. Then again, the 650s has a sexy as hell P1 nose, insect doors are wild and its already available in spider form and Lambo is coupe only for now.

Ultimately I'm leaning toward the Huracan but its really close. I really miss my Gallardo too. Tempted to build to spec but delivery is one year out. And I wanted to pull my hair out waiting only 1/2 year on the snake. Patience really is a virtue. Sigh.

Enthusiast
    There is some strange allure to the McLaren though. I was like 10 when the F1 came out, few years later racing it in Need for Speed playing video games. I think besides the Viper it was one of "the" cars of the 90's, at least to me.

The 12C is perhaps one of the craziest cars I've driven speed wise. A 650 is high on my "want it bad" list.

True. And with the debut of the 650 there are great deals on 12C's. and I'm not talking used ones. My local dealer emailed me a lease opportunity (closed end) on a 2014 Spider for around 3500 monthly for 39 months. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by V1PERMAN View Post
    Great car Drummer !!

I think that the 650S will be my next acquisition. They have a pearl orange spyder at The Collection here in Miami.

Wifey seems to likey!!!

image.jpg
    You are a lucky dude. Tell her I said that and I'm not talking about the car.

No I'm not a lesbian, just stating the obvious....

My favorite plate on a McLaren:

Enthusiast
    Congrats on the new 650S! I live 10 minutes and work 5 minutes from McLaren that it came from and I saw your car there and I must say its absolutely gorgeous! Good luck with it. Mac 12 is on my list of dreamcars

You Sir are Da Man!

Enthusiast
    Absolutely stunning. Congrats

Some more pics.

how's the top work?

[QUOTE=Newport Viper;59519]how's the top work?[/QUOT

Power top. Will drop at under 28mph. Same as 12C. Amazingly never had a problem with 12 top or XLR-V.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast