Enthusiast

Houston Viper Tuning

Which shops around here are versed in Vipers? I do my own wrenching, but don't tune (yet). I've seen Serious HP doing some Viper work and I know Hennessey is out there. Which shops do you guys and girls have experience using?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 02ACR View Post
    Which shops around here are versed in Vipers? I do my own wrenching, but don't tune (yet). I've seen Serious HP doing some Viper work and I know Hennessey is out there. Which shops do you guys and girls have experience using?
    Joe Honeycutt @ KP Racing. He's the only guy in town I will let touch my Vipers on the tuning side. They are located right next to the Hourse Track.

Serious is great but they're a Supra shop.

Ive heard good things about KP as well, very clean shop as well

Enthusiast
    Used John H. before and had great results.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post
    Joe Honeycutt @ KP Racing. He's the only guy in town I will let touch my Vipers on the tuning side. They are located right next to the Hourse Track.

Andy,
    Is he the guy that tuned at LMR?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Andy,
    Is he the guy that tuned at LMR?
    I thought LMR used Chuck, but maybe that's just for their LS based cars.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post

I met a guy with a black Supra from Serious on the HPD cruise to Twin Peaks a couple weeks ago. They build some mean cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Vital velocity View Post
    Ive heard good things about KP as well, very clean shop as well
    I'm hearing the KP Racing name more and more lately. They seem to have a great following. The only vehicles I've really used a shop up here for are Fords, so I always use PSI out in Kemah. At some point the want for twin snails will outweigh my inability to justify the cost of them and I will need a shop to do the tuning for me. Turbo + 02 Viper bottom end = great tuning needed!

I just had SeriousHP do the mods you see in my signature below and was there during the last 4 final dyno runs and he is very good with the SCT tuning...
    Last edited by James430; 05-07-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by James430 View Post
    I just had SeriousHP do the mods you see in my signature below and was there during the last 4 final dyno runs and he is very good with the SCT tuning...
    That's good to hear. I'll add them to my list of shops to check out when I'm ready. Side note: How do you like your Harland Sharp rockers? Were you able to use the stock length pushrods with them? Not sure I can justify 2 grand plus for some shaft mount T&D or Jesels.

Enthusiast
    does any one shop have a better price on header installs for a Gen V?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanr206 View Post
    does any one shop have a better price on header installs for a Gen V?
    Tomball Dodge / Viper Exchange have done a bunch of Gen V header installs. You could give Bernie a call.

Quote Originally Posted by 02ACR View Post
    That's good to hear. I'll add them to my list of shops to check out when I'm ready. Side note: How do you like your Harland Sharp rockers? Were you able to use the stock length pushrods with them? Not sure I can justify 2 grand plus for some shaft mount T&D or Jesels.
    The 3/8 pushrods are from Roe Racing and the length he sold me were perfect for the 708 cam and HS rockers...Call and talk to Sean Roe he can help you a lot..I did find HS 1.7 rockers about $160.00 less than everybody else sells them for...PM me if you want the link....love the Rockers,added a lot of hp.

Serious knows SCT very well, and have done quite a few vipers.

Would recommend also Joe@KP Racing!