Enthusiast

Gen III/IV OEM Convertible Boot/Tonneau Cover Installation

I purchased a convertible boot for my 03. Unfortunately, it did not come with instructions. Rather than run the risk of putting it on wrong and having it fly off or come loose and scratch the paint, I was wondering if anyone has the instructions to theirs and would be willing to scan the instructions and email them to me? I would be very grateful if anyone would be willing to do that. Thanks!

-Derek

Enthusiast
    Let me know how it turns out Derek. I am on the fence for getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by pony23 View Post
    Let me know how it turns out Derek. I am on the fence for getting one.
    Hey pony23,

I have a convertible boot cover in pretty much brand new condition. Used it only a few times.
    I just purchased a ACR and in looking to sell it if your interested hit me up.

As for the install it is very easy and I can get some pics or so a video of how it works tomorrow.

Enthusiast
    Derek-If you could send a video of how you do it and just kind of discuss what you're doing in it that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by dbow119 View Post
    Derek-If you could send a video of how you do it and just kind of discuss what you're doing in it that would be awesome!
    Will do. I'll make a YouTube video and post a link in this thread so future people who have questions will be able to follow along. I gotta say when I first got mine I was a little unsure as well and didn't want to risk messing something up.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Short View Post
    Will do. I'll make a YouTube video and post a link in this thread so future people who have questions will be able to follow along. I gotta say when I first got mine I was a little unsure as well and didn't want to risk messing something up.
    I installed mine for the first time recently and it was pretty straight forward, however it was all a guess as I didn't have the instructions. I would like to see how someone else installs it too.

I think it looks great and does protect the top, especially when it's down, helps prevent the wear marks left by the deck lid of the trunk.
    Last edited by St.Char; 05-03-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Sorry guys been pretty busy today. but was able to get the video done.

Hope this helps!

On a side note this boot cover is up for sale. As well as the car.
    If interested hit me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKyyziT2XBs

Enthusiast
    It's not difficult but can take a little juggling without another person. Open driver’s door, walk around back, open trunk and then open passenger door. Unlatch roof and push back about half way back until stays in place. Lay cover over roof with the more narrow part of plastic ends facing forward. Hook passenger side end over front edge of roof (there is a small pocket in the cover). Walk around and do the same for the driver’s side (may be snug if the cover is new), reach over and tuck the front edge of the cover under roof as you lower it down behind the seats. Tuck the driver’s side plastic cover piece (outer edge) under the body panel first and then snap the inner edge of the plastic cover piece into place. Repeat for passenger side. Note when closing the trunk it may need slightly more force than without the cover but this is normal. The easier approach is to have your significant other help with the passenger side or if you are alone, scan the immediate area for assistance….preferably from someone you wouldn’t mind giving a ride afterward

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Short View Post
    Sorry guys been pretty busy today. but was able to get the video done.

Hope this helps!

On a side note this boot cover is up for sale. As well as the car.
    If interested hit me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKyyziT2XBs
    Great video!

That's a really complicated boot setup for sure. Don't think I'd want to do that every time I put the top down personally.

Enthusiast
    Thanks Derek!

Enthusiast
    Derek-Thank you very much for taking the time to make the video! It was very informative and makes it a lot easier for us "visual" learners.

labtec-Thank you for explaining how to do it!

Enthusiast
    Hello, Derek.

I was wondering if you still have your boot cover for sale, or if not do you know of any others around? Thankyou.

cranelakelane

Enthusiast
    I do not. However, if anything changes, I will let you know.