Gen II restorers-how do you deal with the rear bumper?

I was wondering this while washing the car this weekend. The rear bumper of the Gen II has those raised, adhesive-looking letters on them. If something were ever to happen to the rear bumper, how on earth do you repaint over those? Can you buy them somewhere?

Just musing.

They are just stuck on with adhesive. You warm them up, and run some dental floss between them and the bumper. Off in just a few seconds. Use solvent to remove the residual adhesive. Then buy some new ones to stick back on.

Enthusiast
    If you want a color match, they can be prepped and painted over with the rest of the bumper. If they're beat up, missing, or a contrasting color, they can still be found new too, ranging from $50-$200 depending on color.
    Last edited by Bugman Jeff; 04-15-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Ok, that's good to know. I fear the stone chips down the road, so it's nice to know that $150 worth of stickers will set things right.

Yes, those rear letters are stuck on after the bumper was painted, so even if you were to take them off, you still have paint under them....I took the Dodge letters off and kept the RT10 letters on the rear bumper - with a hair dryer they come off quite easy.

Enthusiast
    Mine doesnt have any emblems