National Officer Positions and Volunteers

VOA Club Update 4-30-23

This year is an election year for National Officers. We are looking for people who might be interested to engage in some meetings over the summer to see if this something they like to do.

These meetings would entail learning how to run the National Officer positions. All nominees have to be submitted by August for elections in October.

Any member can run for VP, Treasurer or Secretary. If you run for President, then you must have been a Regional President before to qualify.

We are also looking for more volunteers at the national level to improve the membership experience.

We are looking for the following:

Membership Committee

Magazine Committee

Website Moderators

Communication Committee

NVE6 Committee

We feel with help in these areas we can continue our path to excellence!!!

If you are interested feel free to email me mike.kuchavik@driveviper.com

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by mkviper96 View Post
    VOA Club Update 4-30-23

This year is an election year for National Officers. We are looking for people who might be interested to engage in some meetings over the summer to see if this something they like to do.

These meetings would entail learning how to run the National Officer positions.

Since I likely wont be able to post without paying in the near future I must respectfully heckle now:

SERIOUSLY ?!?! It sounds like the outgoing BOD is trying to preserve their way of managing the club. And make it time-difficult and stressful to even consider running. Some swan song.

Screen the candidates ahead of time? Seriously? Please, DONT coach a new crop of volunteers the 'way to run the VOA.' Unless, DO teach them how to learn from past mistakes; Reveal the censored 1000++ feedback posts when people truly DID care. And coach them to listen for the ominous tick-tock of SBA loan interest compounding, in secret, unpaid and essentially ignored.
    I've already been a member of the D.O.A. ...... [Delorean Owners Assn] VOA Doom inevitable.

You have been Respectfully heckled by:

Jon Brobst

IVR Charter Regional President - 1993-4
    Car&Driver, R+T 1st Viper Forums founder, and moderator, 93-96.
    VCA Co-Founder, 1 of 14 Regional Presidents selected by Dodge 1995
    VCA Founding National Secty-Treasurer 95-99
    VCA Regional President. 95-01
    VCA Proud Sponsor 1996 until [illegally] banned in 2010. Over $200K sponsorships.
    VOA inaugural and continuous sponsor 2013 - 2022

I have loved these clubs for a long, long time. I Quit a 33+ year profession to do Vipers full-time.

Enthusiast
    Like JonB, there are a great many of us who are 100% dedicated to supporting their fellow Viper owners as we face the same challenges of finding experienced Viper techs for on-going service, access to dwindling parts availability, and technical resources that are becoming harder to find.

Clubs like my own can do a great job at providing support for our local Vipers and members, of which sponsors and vendors like PartsRack have been valued partners, but we're also keenly aware that we can all benefit from a connected network of other Viper clubs that share our vision for a community of support. Times and challenges are changing, and we need to look beyond what our clubs have offered in the past.

It's a great opportunity to bring energy, enthusiasm, fresh ideas and commitment to these officer and volunteer positions on the VOA's National Board. Help navigate our current challenges for the benefit of all Viper owners and friends...and to grow our local and national club memberships as we succeed.

Enthusiast
    Really Jon... I appreciate your support of our fellow Viper owners, but no one is trying to prescreen candidates! We, the BoD, are trying to prevent any future issues with new officers not understanding their role and what it entails. It's a fantastic idea and will make our Club even better as new officers should be able to transition into their roles quickly. There is so much more to running this Club than most know.

I'm tired of the bashing that is occurring on this forum lately towards the BoD. The national officers, presidents and volunteers have put a lot of time and effort into turning this Club around. If they didn't, this Club and forum would not exist today. If you have ideas of how to run the Club and feel you can do it better, then by all means join the VOA, become a board member and make it happen.

There are several enthusiasts on the forum that have good ideas and we appreciate their insight. It shows how much they care about keeping this Club and forum going. Again, I encourage them to join or re-join the VOA and help make the Club better.

Be constructive, not destructive. It will benefit all of us Viper owners in the end.

Submitted respectfully, Kurt

Enthusiast
    Michael,

It's created major challenges when in-coming officers as of January 1st and their Board are bound by the decisions and commitments made by out-going officers and the Board the previous October 1st when annual renewals open.

Is there a way that incoming officers could be elected prior to renewal opening so these new leaders would have the ability to make these hugely impactful decisions affecting their own term?

Thank you.

Enthusiast
    The way my state and national trade associations work - the past pres becomes Finance comm chair, current pres and pres-elect also are members. They have signature authority up to certain dollar amounts, then make recommendations to the BOD for larger/longer commitments. The BOD speaks for the Membership and has ultimate authority over the financials - which are reviewed and voted MONTHLY.

Bruce this is why we want individuals involved now (May - October) before elections. So they can learn and have say before being elected.

Enthusiast
    Excellent, thank you.

As soon as took over I formed a team of three financial volunteers. We put together a budget based on what we knew after 30 days in office and voted to at least follow the budget based on what we knew. The finance team reports financials to the board every month. The team recommended anything under $500 I can use without approval. This is $500 for the month. As of today I have not spent a dime under this rule. All of last year we cut spending by shopping other sources and changed the way the whole club operates. These net changes resulted in over $60,000 in surplus for the club. We anticipate less surplus this year as we have streamlined most of the expensives last year. You can ask any Board Member about Wes's financial spreadsheet and the detail he puts in down to every penny.

Enthusiast
    Mike,

With the very successful cost cutting, elimination of both the magazine and NVE being a possible threat to club reserves, $60,000 in reserves that are growing with each new member, and profit expected from NVE5 I believe, are there any contingencies left that would prevent a fairly significant first payment against the SBA loan in September 2023? Many will rejoice when they see debt retirement begin!

Thank you

So the loan payment has been changed to start in Spring 2024. The government has changed eveyones start date to pay back. Currently we have $100,000 in reserves earning 4% interest. It is invested in safe bank CD. Paying debt back with investments keeps the club secure with reserves. So debt will get paid back with investment money instead of using members funds.

We also have Store liquidation of inventory. This inventory is in excess of $50,000 which will be applied to directly to debt. Again I need help liquidating or I will continue to do it slowly over the next 6 months.

The magazine before all the money issues was paid by advertising. We are getting closer to advertising paying for all publishing now. The mamba members pay for printing and shipping. So standard members do not pay for magazine. The goal is if you do not want this benefit you do not have to pay.

NVE5 - Some members have stepped up and backed this event with cash to the club in case of losses.

Everyone values different things. The club has many benefits and not everyone will like all the benefits but they have a choice with the magazine for now (Standard or Magazine).

The recent cool news is Mopar has asked the VOA for a list of spare parts to start producing to keep all Vipers going. This benefits the whole community. Gen 2 Headlights were are the top of the list.

Enthusiast
    Roughly how much would you expect to pay down Spring 2024 based on your current budget projections and best guestimate? $20k, $50k, interest only?

And this is the best news I've heard all year...well done! This will boost owners confidence in keeping their Vipers on the road. Did Mopar give any sort of time frame to start producing? I expect it will take some years. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mkviper96 View Post
    The recent cool news is Mopar has asked the VOA for a list of spare parts to start producing to keep all Vipers going. This benefits the whole community. Gen 2 Headlights were are the top of the list.

My best guestimate would be a minimum of $25,000 to start as a projection. It depends on market conditions if I can borrow at 2% and earn 5%. It does not make sense to pay off quickly. After NVE5 and Store liquidation which will be in the fall we will be able to estimate. Membership renewals and support of the club make it easier to use more reserves to pay quicker. So interest rates, support of the club and other things like NVE5 and Store liquidation will make decisions in the future more precise. But the club is now financially sound with a path forward with lots of reserves.

Mopar just asked for a list of 20 crucial parts needed to keep all generations going. They know it is low quantities but will review my wish list. I got input from suppliers and some tech guys and membership for needs. So the VOA has some ears and I am working on preserving the cars.

Enthusiast
    Thanks Mike. I think paying it off quickly might yield the best outcome...but that's just my 2 cents.

Really hoping Mopar will come through on parts as I believe that's become most owners #1 concern.