Throttle Issue with codes P2101 P2104 P2106 and P2110

Got some codes yesterday while doing laps around Texas Motor Speedway in my 2013 Launch Edition Viper GTS, only mods are underdrive pully and smooth tubes...

I stayed in 3rd and 4th about 70% of the time and kept the car in an aggressive state but nothing crazy and no redline. Got through all laps in less than 6 minutes. Sat in idle for about 30 min after with no issues. As soon as I started driving it home, this happened:

I got a P2101, P2104, P2106, and P2110 on my scanner. The car went into limp mode and called out the bank 1 (A) throttle control. A red voltage light also came on. The battery is not original and is a deep cycle. Not sure if the date on it but the car showed 14.2/14.3 volts the whole time while running (alternator) and 12.4V with engine off (battery reading only). Anyway, I got the car home, reset the codes, started it and revved it a few times, and no issues. I haven't taken it back out to put it though it's paces but just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone before and if any insight could be offered. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    First place I'd start is by removing the smooth tubes and putting them back to stock.

It sounds asinine, but they've been known (albeit rarely) to cause issues on the Gen 4s.

The other thing I'd check since you have a 2013: make sure you don't overtighten the clamps from the intake tubes to the throttle bodies. The 2013-2014 cars have plastic throttle bodies...I have a theory that you can overtighten the clamps enough to cause the blade to bind, which would throw it into limp mode.

I've had it happen on my 2008 when I was decelerating a few years ago - it seemed like the throttle hung for just a split second and then the car went into limp mode. That was the only explanation I was able to come up with, and it was on a first drive after having messed with the clamps (which I really cranked down on). I only tightened the clamps snug after that, and never had the issue again (I've since swapped to the 2015+ metal throttle bodies).
    Steve,

This is good info. I did tighten the clamps a good bit. Do you happen to know what the torque value is?

Also, are the 2015+ throttle bodies a direct swap? No tuning or dealer garbage involved for a Gen V? Thanks a bunch.

Enthusiast
    I don't know what the torque value is for those...never seen one. I've been tightening them snug - just enough so that when I tug on the intake tubes, they don't come off the throttle bodies. Hopefully someone else will chime in with better info.

The 2015+ metal throttle bodies aren't a direct swap - at a minimum, you'll need an adapter harness, and a visit to the dealership will be required at least initially to do a throttle relearn. The calibration should not need to be changed for them to work properly.

Full details of how I did it here: https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...ies-on-a-Gen-4

It should be the exact same procedure for a 2013-2014 Gen 5.