Post BC racing with Swift versus Penske with Hyperco

Finally had a chance to try the Penske double with Hyperco springs. So I'll sum up my comments on the 3 configs I tried

for those who don't like to read, here's the ratings in numbers

Comfort:

BC racing w/ standard springs = 6/10

BC racing w/Swift springs = 7/10

Penske double w/Hyperco springs = 9.5/10

Performance:

BC racing w/ standard springs = 6.5/10

BC racing w/Swift springs = 7.5/10

Penske double w/Hyperco springs = 9/10

Value:

BC racing w/ standard springs = 7/10

BC racing w/Swift springs = 9/10

Penske double w/Hyperco springs = 7.5/10

So, if you're on a budget, BC+Swift is the clear winner. I mean, better coilover kits are 3x or 4x the price of these... So you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it.
    Standard springs are not very good. Might as well pay a little more and have decent springs, it helps both comfort and performance.

Now, I have no idea whatsoever how the Penske-Hyperco kit compares to the big dogs: Moton, K&W and TKO's... But I consider my newly installed kit as la crème de la crème in all aftermarket suspension I had in my life. First thing I noticed is how smooth, composed and comfy it is. DESPITE the fact that I now have stiffer spring rates (!)

I bought the car with front 560 lbs + rear 672 lbs....
    then I installed the slightly stiffer Swift springs front 672 lbs + rear 784 lbs
    finally my car is now sitting on front 750 lbs + rear 950 lbs.

Was expecting something a bit harsh, at the very limit of streetable, but it's actually the most comfortable set-up of all 3. Very surprising. Is it the Hyperco or the Penske? Probably both but I suspect the Penske to make a huge difference. It seems that high quality dampers are making the difference even strictly for comfort.

Havent track the car yet, but I can tell right now that's a big improvement in regards of handling. It feels more planted and stable than ever.

Enthusiast
    Thanks for the review. I'm planning to go with BC coilovers as well, and now convinced to upgrade to the swift springs at the same time. Better to do it right the first time. I think this will meet my needs, as a weekend car.

Quote Originally Posted by Zishan View Post
    Thanks for the review. I'm planning to go with BC coilovers as well, and now convinced to upgrade to the swift springs at the same time. Better to do it right the first time. I think this will meet my needs, as a weekend car.
    Swift option is a no-brainer.

For the price, BC + Swift is very decent and if you don't compare with better, you can't regret it.