Thread: Gas cap

Gas cap

Does any one know where I can get a gas cap for my 2001 GTS?

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post

LOL

Enthusiast
    So I recently had to replace mine. Long story short, stupid mistake, left the cap on the roof of the car. it fell off and got crushed.

The black cap was ok. I went to the local parts stores, and they had caps that fit but wouldn't work due to the height.

I was able to swap the old black cap on the new guts and it worked.

If you still have your original cap, you can just swap the black caps.

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    I had to replace mine once for the same reason. Except I never saw it again. Good news is tho they were still available at that time for less than a kidney.

I did try a generic parts store cap and it did fit and seal etc but without the molded in indentation in the center of the handle it hit the bolt head in the center of the outer cap. That's what that dent is for. You realize it when you try a cap without it.

Anywho the parts store cap did work and I could close the outer cap but you had to press a bit more than you normally would so I eventually replaced it with an OEM cap. Which appears to now be worth half a kidney, or 0.01% of a new headlight.