Harness 4 point for gts

I need to get 4 point harnesses approved in my gen2 gts. Since there are the original anchor points for the harness, do you have a certificate from the dodge manufacturer to install a harness. I would need as much information/approval paper as possible to get this through.

Thanks for your help

Enthusiast
    What?

You need to get it approved for what?

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    The harness mounting will need to meet various structural requirements as written in the rules you are trying to conform to. Depending on what the rules state and how they plan on inspecting your car that will dictate how easy it will be to pass. Since these are factory installed points on a full panel car (not a tube frame chassis which is easy to inspect) you may have difficulty passing depending on who is who that day and what is what. Dodge will be of zero reference on that matter unless it was published 25 years ago when the car was designed and sold.
    Last edited by dave6666; 04-17-2023 at 05:04 PM. Reason: got distracted had to go spray my locks with WD40

Enthusiast
    Why have you picked "4 point harnesses" ?

Enthusiast
    The lap belt anchors are the only ones that meet most recommendations. Shoulder mount points are a little too high, crotch anchor a little far forward. Otherwise, they are what The Manufacturer installed at The Factory for That Purpose.

i mean, maybe you can show them that it was a factory option on certain models?

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    G2 Vipers are all 'factory pinned' for FIVE-POINT harnesses. {G1 also}

Rules changed in 2003, effective in 2005. To 6pts or better

For current race use, SIX pt is required. A G2 will accept 4,5,6 points ... your sanctioning body matters.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 04-18-2023 at 01:20 PM.

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    Most rules have details describing the method of construction of the anchor points. On a full panel car it will be difficult to substantiate how each point is designed and manufactured. If the sanctioning body is not familiar with the car already you have to show them what it is they want to see. Or they might say oOOoo I like your car, here's a sticker. But saying it came with factory harness points is not a given for passing tech.

Thank you all for your answers. Why put 4 point harness. Because I found a vintage Oreca harness that I would like to use. I would like to put a harness because it allows me to remove the airbag put a steering wheel more attractive. Would you have photos of gen2 equipped with harness to support my request ?

Enthusiast
    When your face hits the pretty steering wheel in a wreck the 4 point harness will neither care nor prevent it. That's some messed up stuff trading that level of safety (air bag) over minor cosmetics (a pretty steering wheel).

0.02, carry on lol

Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    When your face hits the pretty steering wheel in a wreck the 4 point harness will neither care nor prevent it. That's some messed up stuff trading that level of safety (air bag) over minor cosmetics (a pretty steering wheel).

0.02, carry on lol
    Thank you, that's the kind of answer that keeps you going. If I had put safety as an essential point in the choice of a nice car I would not have taken a Dodge Viper

Enthusiast
    LOL Oh no. What in the world have we gotten into here.

Mike, just put the harness in...or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 45 View Post
    Thank you, that's the kind of answer that keeps you going. If I had put safety as an essential point in the choice of a nice car I would not have taken a Dodge Viper
    it would help if you explained a little more what your intent is.

Is this for racing? what sanctioning body? Is it just for some sort of street registration approval?

Google ACR or GT2 models and you'll see examples of factory harnesses

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Trivia/Hissstory: Every "Factory" 5-point belt that was installed from M.Y. 1998-2000 on GT2 or ACR was.......RECALLED! They were MOMO harnesses.

It was the first actual RECALL of anything in Viper hisstory.

Dodge struggled to get replacements, and MOMO refused to help. SCCA banned Vipers, and ONE BUSINESS outside of Dodge Dealers (who had no stock) was authorized to handle the recalls under warrantee: PartsRack.! We partnered with Team-Tech and also brought them to the VCC program. Ahhh, the good-ole-days.

It took Dodge and RJS almost 2.0 years to get stock to complete recalls. {Think of later Airbag recalls}

Your ORECA harness is expired / maybe recalled, Show-Only, but SEXY.
    Wear it WITH your OE 3pt OE belt to mitigate D666s scenario,
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 04-21-2023 at 12:47 PM.

Enthusiast
    This. It's the only way to be sure.

e22cc79822526d477549430b25a1cf58.jpg