Enthusiast

Occasionally center display does not turn on at startup

Hi all,

I've seen that on some startups, typically after the car hasn't been driven in a few weeks, the radio/HVAC display won't come on. The only way to get it to come on is re-starting the car. I keep the car on a battery tender so hard to believe it is a battery related issue. Any thoughts ?

not much to offer here other than my car does it sometimes too (and I drive mine multiple times a week), the screen just stays black basically

Enthusiast
    Same here...with 14 Viper GTS, 17 Chrysler 300S, and 20 Jerp Grand Cherokee.

Same here - it bothered me at first, but I just got used to it. It even happened on my '22 Rubicon 392 about a week after I brought it home. I have learned to like the electronic stuff, but I feel much more confident with old fashioned buttons and dials.

My 2016 Ram does it sometimes as well. No rhyme or reason to it.

Enthusiast
    Yep. Same here. Mine will eventually load up when it does happen. Usually only happens after weeks of no driving.

Enthusiast
    Thanks guys!

Enthusiast
    It's happened a few times in my 2018 Ram. Seemed to come back on after a few minutes.

Happens to me too from time to time in my 17

Enthusiast
    Same here. That's why when I park, I back in. That way I don't have to worry pulling out should it happen.

Enthusiast
    Happened to me for the first time a few weeks ago. Glad it seems to be a common glitch and not a symptom of a bigger problem. FWIW, it hasn’t happened again.

Enthusiast
    I was told it is updating when this happens. Sometimes ota updates lock it up. Mine bricked a few years ago and was replaced under warranty. Fingers crossed anymore.
    Troy

when it happens.. pull over safely.. exit car.. stand on one leg while facing south.. hop three times while rubbing your tummy and patting your head, bark like a dog and then get back in the car.. and you should be good to go!

This is what you get when electronics control everything. Welcome to the future when AI will turn off your consciousness................
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

same issue here for the last 3 years