Enthusiast

Stolen Truck Replacement

I guess it was eventually bound to happen. Truck in the Gym parking lot in Las Vegas for an hour and a half - then gone. Very low mileage, pristine, always garaged, never worked 2007 2500HD Silverado Classic - the most stolen vehicle nationwide in 2022! Replacing it with a 2023 Silverado Z71 with a sticker over $60K. Who would have believed that 1/2 ton pick-up prices could rise to that. Another personal story - I could have picked up a similar truck in Las Vegas at a dealer I have done business with, but I was on their C8 Z06 list and instead of going down the list, they opted to buy dealer retail cars configured as they wanted them (loaded) and attempted to make more money selling them off the show room floor with a big ADM. Screw them. I went to a dealer in Phoenix where I am number one on their Z06 list and have remained there through a couple of allocation cycles where they did not get a Z07-equipped allocation. They just pass me over and take the next guy in line, with a promise that I get the first Z07 allocation. A lot of Chevy dealers screwed the pooch with the C8 Z06 regarding customer loyalty. I didn't put a big dent in their bottom line, but I hope I am not the only dissatisfied customer who takes a shot.

2023 Truck.jpg

Nice truck. I drive basically the same thing every day but with the 6cyl turbo diesel engine. Not bad on road trips either.