Enthusiast

Gen IV wheel time

Ok, I am looking at new wheels. Leaning towards Forgestar CF5V's in flat black, 19" all around. Question is, not sure on fitment, do they require any wheel spacers to look decent? I don't like any wheel/tire poke but do like them about flush. Also opinions on bright or black lugs?

Tires, I'm probably going Michelins PS4S, so question there is on the fronts, I'm planning on going with 295/30/19 but saw they also have 305/30/19 in stock, bigger is always better, right! Any thoughts on the 305's, they are .5" wider and .3" taller then the 295's. If I lower (see below) then rubbing will/may be an issue?

Along with these additions/changes, I would like to do BC coilovers, not sure they are in the budget at the moment but could be if I need them for the new wheel/tire combo to function properly. The car definitely needs to be lowered a bit. On the coil overs going with Swift springs in standard rates. I don't plan on tracking the car, once a year, maybe, maybe never!

Thanks for any and all replies!

will probably have my BC coilovers + Swift springs up for sale in 2 weeks or so

Enthusiast
    Aveus,
    Send me a PM when you're ready to sell. If I remember you had the standard rate springs?

I have the base BC springs with 10/12kg and the Swift with 12/14kg if I remember correctly

the Swift were actually more confortable

I have a new set of Pewter SRT rims, still in the boxes. You can use your old center caps in them

thumbnail_20221116_101837.jpg

20190406_112304.jpg
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    Thanks 99RT10 for the offer, I've never been too fond of the 5 spokes, all though those are pretty sharp!

Enthusiast
    The question you need to ask before pulling the trigger is if they were spec'd specifically for a Gen 3/4, or for both Gen 3/4 & 5 cars.

Chances are, it is the latter. Because of that, they'll sit a little beyond flush up front, and slightly tucked in out back. My F14s are that way...you get used to it, but if you don't like them poking out a little, you may regret your purchase, at least up front.

The reason they do this is to reduce the part numbers from a manufacturing standpoint - they basically pick an offset/backspacing that sits a little tucked on a Gen 5 (reason: Gen 5 fronts sit 0.5" further out from the factory than previous Gens), and slightly proud on a Gen 3/4.

That's the compromise you make with a budget friendly wheel I suppose.

Enthusiast
    Thanks @Steve M, I went back and looked at your thread when you installed the F14's, the fronts don't appear to poke very much, look damn near flush in the pictures. I think I can live with that and I have always liked how your car looks. The CF5V's and the F14's have the same backspacing. I also did a bit more searching on the site for the 305's and doesn't look worth it for a street car.

19 inch 305,s will not work, Trust Me, Not on Forgestar Wheels, I tried. Went back to 295/25-19 and all is fine now.

The car undriveable due to scrub radius changes.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevus View Post
    will probably have my BC coilovers + Swift springs up for sale in 2 weeks or so

Hello, I'd be interested in the BC coilovers as well, if Loren Jones passes.

Thanks,

ive got a set of f14s 18f/19 rear in bronze/copper. Lmk if interested.

Enthusiast
    Thanks drasch21, I have already rec'd the Forgestar's. Getting tires put on tomorrow, hopefully on car next week!! BC racing coil overs ordered with Swift springs, 3-5 wks out. Can't wait to get it all together!!